25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2012
LANDED..........
20-12-2012
najj said:
Got ur post RL.....thanks.....I'm stilling waiting for the call for our pp......if he's not here for Christmas ik for sure New Years..........happy for u RL.......congrats
Keep the faith...he will get the call and you will be jumping up and down!!!!

Samilanaire

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awww RL so happy for u n da hubbz safe flight ma sista n u n hubbz cum baq safe bless up everyone else kgnnn start working again

longdistanceloves

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 18, 2012
AOR Received.
January 24, 2013
Passport Req..
January 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 23, 2014
Royal Lolly said:
Sooooooooooooooooooooo..........................

My husband picked up his Visa today :D :D :D :D :D :D
I am leaving for Jamaica tomorrow and we will be both back in Canada by midweek next week.
I am so excited that I know I will not sleep tonight at all.

I am praying for all of you reach the same. There is still another week b4 Christmas and it happens fast when the call comes. DHL is fast as well as it is a courier service so those of you who are waiting for DHL, that could be anyday....even tomorrow!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Let's all yell out to Kingston!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Com'n Kingston!!!!!!! Sharpen your pencils, pick up your phones and get everyone back in the arms of their loved ones!!!!!!!!

(wish I knew how to make the lettering bigger cause I'm yelling out to Kingston now)
Congrats Royal Lolly. That is so great. I am happy to hear your news right before Christmas. You won't get any sleep tonight, but soon you can sleep peacefully knowing hubby is right by your side FOREVER!!!! Merry Christmas to you!

Carli

Dec 8, 2012
There is so much in the guide, what I need to send, they want my last years return, but was only working a couple of part time jobs then, have a full time and part time one now ( actually, have 3 part time ones, lol ), but if they go by that, financally, I wouldnt be able to support him if he cant find work right away, I have only been to Ja once, when we got married, I know they will question me only being there once, but I believe I have that covered, having part time jobs, was soooooo hard to take time off from all of them, they want phone records, he calls me, I dont have any records, pics I have, but no record of phone calls, on face book, I have messages from the time we became friends on there till now, also states when our relationship started. I am worried I will miss something extremly important, but all I can do is send what I can. How about on the first page, when they ask if a person wants their money back, sounds like a trick question, lol, if I say yes, will they think I dont believe he will be allowed to come? They also say its a good idea to send the 550 and the other amount at one time, but I cant afford to lose that much, if I say no, I dont want my money back...any suggestions on this? Thanks so much for all of you making me feel so welcomed, I do appreciate that and the help I am receiving, your all wonderful people :D

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Halfmoon said:
That has got to be the longest two syllable word I have ever encountered on this forum!!
Just you wait until I pull out the big guns and use one of my longggggggggggggggggg three syllable words! ;)

najj

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
22-11-2011
File Transfer...
22-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-05-2012 (2nd time)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-11-2012(dropped off 04-12-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
Carli said:
There is so much in the guide, what I need to send, they want my last years return, but was only working a couple of part time jobs then, have a full time and part time one now ( actually, have 3 part time ones, lol ), but if they go by that, financally, I wouldnt be able to support him if he cant find work right away, I have only been to Ja once, when we got married, I know they will question me only being there once, but I believe I have that covered, having part time jobs, was soooooo hard to take time off from all of them, they want phone records, he calls me, I dont have any records, pics I have, but no record of phone calls, on face book, I have messages from the time we became friends on there till now, also states when our relationship started. I am worried I will miss something extremly important, but all I can do is send what I can. How about on the first page, when they ask if a person wants their money back, sounds like a trick question, lol, if I say yes, will they think I dont believe he will be allowed to come? They also say its a good idea to send the 550 and the other amount at one time, but I cant afford to lose that much, if I say no, I dont want my money back...any suggestions on this? Thanks so much for all of you making me feel so welcomed, I do appreciate that and the help I am receiving, your all wonderful people :D

Carli......breathe.......take ur time.....don't over think it.......u will soon get all ur answers here....I suggest u put the papers away 2nite and by 2moro u will have ur questions answered......this process can b a bit 2much......its been awhile for some of us so give us some time to look up the info and send it to u......u r @ the right place

Carli

Dec 8, 2012
najj said:
Carli......breathe.......take ur time.....don't over think it.......u will soon get all ur answers here....I suggest u put the papers away 2nite and by 2moro u will have ur questions answered......this process can b a bit 2much......its been awhile for some of us so give us some time to look up the info and send it to u......u r @ the right place

Thanks Najj, I know, but am so...confused, concerned, anything you can think of, which I can understand everyone feels when in this process...excited fits in there to, lol, finally can get answers to so many of the questions I have. Will breathe, and wait, lol, patience is a virtue, I do have alot of patience, so am told.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012 - Kingston In Process
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
Carli said:
Hi Carli, the application process can be overwhelming indeed. Since you are missing several very crucial pieces to support your case, I'd suggest supplying them with a very detailed letter with timelines about your relationship, how it developed, etc etc and address any possible red flags that may construe your relationship as not being genuine. The goal is to convince the person reading the letter that your relationship is genuine and not of convenience. You should also have your husband write one in his own words. Have friends and family provide you with the same attesting to your relationship (note they should indicate their contact information in case CIC wishes to call them). Have you put him on your health plan, insurance, set up joint banking accounts? I recommend providing these due to lack of phone records however you should also explain how he is the one that initiates the calls.

I ticked "Hell Yeah!!" I want my $ back. If I'm not eligible to sponsor, what sense does it make to proceed? They are so tricky those little CIC law makers.

As for your last years return, it's mandatory that you provide them with your Option C original printout whether you worked part time, full time, triple time. You would have had to file your taxes whether you were employed for zero days or 365 days. You obtain this by calling CRA directly. Very important to include this as it is the long form of your tax return which shows whether you have dependents, paid or received child support, marital status and whether you received social assistance. Najj is right, include a letter from all your employer's indicating length of employment, full/part time and if you have benefits. Just a note...there isn't a financial threshold for the purposes of spousal sponsorship. So you're good. It's just if you aren't employed, you'd have to explain how you plan on supporting the both of you financially.

najj

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
22-11-2011
File Transfer...
22-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-05-2012 (2nd time)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-11-2012(dropped off 04-12-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
Carli said:
Thanks Najj, I know, but am so...confused, concerned, anything you can think of, which I can understand everyone feels when in this process...excited fits in there to, lol, finally can get answers to so many of the questions I have. Will breathe, and wait, lol, patience is a virtue, I do have alot of patience, so am told.
I know its confusing......has he done the medical and police report and sent it to u.....I would order ur option c from revenue canada....I think u need a job letter from ur current job.....so get those....do u have letters.....cards.....get those....if he has some from u then let him send them to u......do u call him ever?????.....I would tick yes on the form.....I think that's what I did.....someone else on the forum will advise u if I'm wrong....1 of the more experience girls.....if u can send the whole amount it takes time off....have u sent ur husbands part to sign????

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Carli said:
Night Carli!

najj is right, take a deep breath, and try (easier said then done!) to remain calm. Most of us have been exactly where you are my dear girl and we know exactly what you are going through. It is a very overwhelming and stressful experience and we all worry about what is in (or not in) our application, what we would have done differently, etc.
Personally, I chose I would want my money back if I was found ineligable to sponsor because the chances of my husband getting into Canada without me is pretty much next to impossible. And you're correct, it is so easy to misinterpret what is being asked because as najj pointed out, we overthink everything because we want it to be perfect and to prove to a visa office that our relationship is genuine.
It has been said many times on this forum to read the guide several times and try to get the best understanding of what is being asked. Do not rush the process for the sake of 'just getting your application submitted'. Take your time and feel 100% confident that the information you are providing is honest and accurate. For instance, if you are doubting that you don't have enough phone call proof, try and think of what you do have i.e. text messages, letters of support from family and friends from both sides, fb messages, Skype logs, etc. and remember, you can always attach extra sheets of paper and explain your circumstance and why you don't have phone records. Always keep in the back of your mind that you are proving to a complete stranger that you and your hubby have a genuine relationship.
You are going to get through this and we're here for you every step of the way. Keep the faith. :-*

tintin79

Jan 28, 2011
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2011
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
10-01-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2011
Interview........
genuineness determined no need for interview
Passport Req..
05-02-2013 and they're still holding on to it as ARC is still in process from Dec 12 2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
Hi Carli,

you remind me of myself when I was also confused and overwhelmed with this whole entire immigration process. My main worry was not having all that was necessary. I feared them returning my package if one item was missing but my husband is at the last stage of this whole entire process. I actually did everything right. I used this message board as a guide along with just going over everything page by page. Making sure that the checklist had everything checked off. Just make sure you have everything in that checklist.

in regards to the phone calls. My husband calls me also cause Jamaica has a better long distance phone plan however I send him credit online with digicel. Digicel onlline allows you to pay with paypal, credit card or your visa debit card. Once you have a profile on digicel online it keeps a log of how many times you forward credit to your husband. So you can save that information to forward to immigration to show you're sending him credit. Any money your send to him through western union make sure you save the receipts etc. It'll be fine. My husband didn't show no western union receipts as of yet. I just sent over 100 pics proving the genuineness of our relationship. My best-friend and mother sent letters of support. You'll be fine. Don't worry about it.

tintin79

Jan 28, 2011
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2011
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
10-01-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2011
Interview........
genuineness determined no need for interview
Passport Req..
05-02-2013 and they're still holding on to it as ARC is still in process from Dec 12 2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
Royal Lolly said:
Sooooooooooooooooooooo..........................

My husband picked up his Visa today :D :D :D :D :D :D
I am leaving for Jamaica tomorrow and we will be both back in Canada by midweek next week.
I am so excited that I know I will not sleep tonight at all.

I am praying for all of you reach the same. There is still another week b4 Christmas and it happens fast when the call comes. DHL is fast as well as it is a courier service so those of you who are waiting for DHL, that could be anyday....even tomorrow!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Let's all yell out to Kingston!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Com'n Kingston!!!!!!! Sharpen your pencils, pick up your phones and get everyone back in the arms of their loved ones!!!!!!!!

(wish I knew how to make the lettering bigger cause I'm yelling out to Kingston now)

Congrats Royal. Lots of Christmas gifts being given out this year.

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Carli when it comes to phone records, if hubby is the one calling and he has a digicell phone tell him to go to the digicell head office in new kingston, or call them first ... Let them know that he needs his phone records and its for imigration purposes they will give him a print out of his phone records for the last 12 months ...to get further back than that you have to know people and offer montray donation to the cause if u get my drift.... But honey like the ladies said relax take a deep breath..Don't over think this and look towards the silver lining you are doing this for a purpose and all the stress and head ache and everthing will all be worth it when you wake up and see your husband laying there right next to you...Good luck to you honey

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Carli also about the payments if you can pay it all at once do that ....BUT if u can't then try n save up and pay the rprf (490) as soon as possible after ...when u pay it u can pay online and send a copy of the reciept to cic and another copy to kingston via email ...that's what I did...they say it takes approx 6 weeks for the payment to register on your file maybe sooner depending on the amount that cic have to go through at that time when they receive it ...I know people who there's took less than 6 weeks to register...anyways hon try to relax ...make sure you go over the check list...and if possble have someone else check over your application for you as well...for me when I filled out the application I made 4 copies ....2 rough drafts a final copy and one extra to keep for photo coping incase I made a mistake when filling out the final copy...but I'm anal like that lol...anyways hon you'll be fine :)

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Good morning here is to a Happy Friday everyone! One more day for someone to hear something good from Kingston! Battling a head cold here and I just would rather be in my bed or curled up on my big comfy couch but that's how it goes......another day another dollar lol