App. Filed.......
21-12-2011
File Transfer...
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2011
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
Congratulations Charlie!!!! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Glad to hear you'll soon be in my neck of the woods ;)

Welcome to all who are new to the forum...looks like lots of people are falling in loveee :-*

Suki, it's almost about that time for you to go...I'm not back in Jamaica again until July and it's driving me nuts counting down the months!!! ??? ??? ???

Aww, I really really pray that many more will receive those updates, looks like ecas is getting on the ball with things..my ecas says application recv'd/medicals recv'd too.

Hope everyone is enjoying their week so far :) Nighty night

tintin79

Jan 28, 2011
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2011
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
10-01-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2011
Interview........
genuineness determined no need for interview
Passport Req..
05-02-2013 and they're still holding on to it as ARC is still in process from Dec 12 2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
Wow everyone is getting good news. God is good all the time. Congrats everybody. But Charlie, I rrally want to send my congrats to you. You deserve this great news. You lead this board graciously and I can't wait to hear you say you're bringing your passport in.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Good morning and happy Hump/Leap Day! You won't see this day for another 4 years, make something special out of it! :)

Thanks Admirable, LHNB and tintin79, really appreciate everyone's good wishes!

And, in honour of hump day...just had to share this one:

A woman posts an ad in the news paper that looks like this...

'Looking for man with these qualifications; won't beat me up; or run away from me and is great in bed.'

She got lots of phone calls replying to her ad but met someone perfect at her door one day. The man she met said, "Hi, I'm Bob. I have no arms so I won't beat you up and no legs so I won't run away."

So the lady says, "What makes you think you are great in bed?"

Bob replies, "I rang the door bell didn't I?"

Let's go, KG, it's ALL you! NNNEEEXXXTTT!!!

AMANDAWOOD

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec-15-2011
Med's Done....
sent with orignal appliction
Interview........
hopefull none
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
cant wait
Good morning all
Happy hump day
Congrats Charlie 
Glad to see your journey is almost over
Congrats to everyone else who got updates
Way to go KG!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep up the good work
Come on end February with a bang

HAVE A BLESSED DAY EVERYONE ;D ;D ;D

AMANDAWOOD

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec-15-2011
Med's Done....
sent with orignal appliction
Interview........
hopefull none
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
cant wait
GOT THIS IN AN EMAIL AND HAD TO SHARE

Indian legend

Do you know the legend of the Cherokee Indian youth's rite of Passage?
His father takes him into the forest, blindfolds him and leaves him alone.
He is required to sit on a stump the whole night and not remove the blindfold until the rays
of the morning sun shine through it.
He cannot cry out for help to anyone.
Once he survives the night, he is a MAN.
He cannot tell the other boys of this experience, because each lad must come into
manhood on his own.
The boy is naturally terrified. He can hear all kinds of noises. Wild beasts must surely be
all around him. Maybe even some human might do him harm. The wind blew the grass and
earth, and shook his stump, but he sat stoically, never removing the blindfold. It would be
the only way he could become a man! Finally, after a horrific night the sun appeared and he removed
his blindfold. It was then that he discovered his father sitting on the stump next to him.
He had been at watch the entire night, protecting his son from harm.
We, too, are never alone.
Even when we don't know it, Father is watching over us,Sitting on the stump beside us.
When trouble comes, all we have to do is reach out to Him.

Moral of the story:

Just because you can't see Him Doesn't mean He is not there.
"For we walk by faith, not by sight."

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Good morning forum family and hope everyone is having an awesome day, Congrats to everyone who has gotten updates and a special one for you Charlie. Don't forget to have hubby place those mirrors on the ceiling now, maybe add a couple on each wall too!! A little perplexed though on why you have to redo FBI checks as you haven't visited there since you applied.
Well have to put some sound reading for you all that will soon be together with your loved ones

Male and Female Shower Habbits

Shower like a woman...

Take off clothing and place it in a sectioned laundry hamper according to lights, darks, whites, man made or natural.

Walk to bathroom wearing long dressing gown. If husband seen along the way cover up any exposed flesh and rush to the bathroom.

Look at womanly physique in the mirror and stick out belly. Complain and whine about getting fat.

Get in shower. Look for facecloth, armcloth, loin cloth, long loofah, wide loofah and pumice stone.

Wash hair once with Cucumber and Lamprey shampoo with 83 added vitamins. Wash hair again with Cucumber and Lamprey shampoo with 83 added vitamins.

Condition hair with cucumber and lamprey conditioner with enhanced natural crocus oil. Leave on hair for 15 minutes.

Wash face with crushed apricot facial scrub for ten minutes until red raw.

Rinse conditioner off hair taking at least 15 minutes to make sure that it's all come off.

Shave armpits and legs. Consider shaving bikini area but decide to get it waxed instead.

Scream loudly when husband flushes toilet and water loses pressure and turns red hot.

Turn off shower.

Squeegee all wet surfaces in shower. Spray mould spots with Tilex. Get out of shower. Dry with towel the size of small African country.

Wrap hair in super absorbent second towel.

Check entire body for remotest sign of spots. Attack with nails and or tweezers (if you can find them).

Return to bedroom wearing long dressing gown and towel on head. If husband seen, cover up any exposed areas and then rush to bedroom to spend hour and a half getting dressed.

Shower like a man...

Take off clothes while sitting on bed and leave them in a pile.

Walk naked to bathroom. If wife seen, shake knob at her while shouting "Way Hey!!"

Look in mirror and suck in gut to see your manly physique.

Admire size of knob in mirror, scratch bollocks and smell fingers for one last whiff.

Get in shower.

Don't bother to look for wash cloth, don't need one.

Wash face.

Wash armpits.

Laugh at how loud farts sound in the shower.

Wash bollocks and the surrounding area.

Wash arse, leaving hair on soap.

Shampoo hair but do not use conditioner.

Make Mohican hairstyle with shampoo. Pull back curtain to see self in mirror.

Piss in shower.

Rinse off and get out of shower. Fail to notice water on floor because shower curtain outside bath for whole shower time.

Partially dry off.

Look at self in mirror, flex muscles and admire size of knob again.

Leave shower curtain open and wet bath mat on floor.

Leave bathroom light and fan on.

Return to bedroom with towel around waist. If you pass wife, pull off towel, grab knob, go "Yeah baby" and thrust pelvis at her.

Put on yesterday's clothes.

AliCatShaw

Jul 4, 2011
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent June 2011,~resent-Jan 12/2012
Doc's Request.
April 30/2012 PCC re-do
AOR Received.
Jan 31/2012
Med's Done....
Jan 9/2012
Interview........
April 24/2012~positive
Passport Req..
May 17th/2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 16th/2012
LANDED..........
Aug 2nd/2012~Home 3rd
OMG.......I have giggles baaad!!!!

lostwithoutu

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/11/2010
AOR Received.
never got
File Transfer...
09/12/2010
Med's Request
02/05/2012
Med's Done....
28/10/2010 redone 21/05/2012
Interview........
26/4/2012
Passport Req..
02/05/2012 as per letter will take in 18/06/2012
VISA ISSUED...
02/07/2012
LANDED..........
14/07/2012
CharlieD10 said:
Thanks! Man, it is nice to see my name with green next to it! Hahah...if I wasn't so happy I'd be crying. :p
Congrats on all the updates!!!! just wondering did u wait for the med redo or have u done them already?? anyways just wonder

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
Charlie D...I was so excited to come on here and see your update. Girl your time is coming up..so excited your getting updates and hope your case comes to a close and your leaaaaaaaving on a jetplane soon to be with that hubby of yours in this frozen wasteland!! :D ...lol sorry winter and I are not getting along as of yet!!

Hope to hear more good news soon!! Nothing better than coming on here and seeing updates for you all!! Congrats to everyone with updates!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Afternoon, folks!

Canuck, that one had me howling, LOL. KG said that if I can prove I haven't been to the US since 2010 I will be exempted from getting the new FBI report. I think I have taken care of that, I did a lot of copying of my passport pages today. ;)

LWU - I was going to re-do the medicals next month even if I hadn't heard from KG. As it turns out, I got the update Monday, and Tuesday the letter showed up in my mailbox, so they beat me to the punch!

SQ - thanks! Hang in there, the frozen wasteland will be bursting with the green joys of spring soon, tomorrow is the beginning of March! I loved my first sight of spring, I think your hubby and daughter will enjoy it and you will enjoy seeing the seasons change again. There's something almost magical about watching the trees and the flowers come back to life after the "death" of winter, I think.

Amandawood, loved that analogy.

RandysGirl

Nov 25, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
11-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-01-11
Med's Request
11-11-11
Med's Done....
11-09-2010/12-10-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-12
LANDED..........
29-02-12
Hey everyone!!

So happy to hear of your update Charlie!!!

Things here are wonderful. We moved inot our new place last week and hubby got a job starting Next week.

Hang in there everyone waiting its worth the wait!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Hey RG, thanks!! Lots of changes already for you as life moves on! Congrats on the new home...I'm sure canuck has come ideas on appropriate housewarming activities, mwahaha!! Good luck to hubby with the job, and hooray on him getting off and running so fast!

suki

Nov 26, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2011
AOR Received.
20-10-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-05-2012
LHNB-Yes I leave for JA on the 12th, so I'm super excited!! ;D
and just today mom asked me if she could come, I was thrilled...poor mom just went through a nasty divorce after 45 years of marriage, can you believe that?? she just retired so she's bored and a little depressed....I'm so Happy she's coming she so deserves to just revive her spirit, Negril has a healing effect on your soul.

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Another $199 flight deal out of the prairies leaving on Sunday, round trip to MBJ, and of course, I cant go... :(

If your interested check it out on Thomas Cook...

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
Hello everyone!!!

I am sorry for neglecting everyone... Congrats to everyone who received updates...

OMG Charlie.. Today I told hubby that I hadnt been on the forum in about 2 weeks and that I needed to sit down and read what I missed on and that I had to check it later cause I had a feeling you had gotten an update... Girl, I am super pumped for you... You will soon be a part of iceland with us hahahahaha.... thankfully I will be here to welcoming you and take you out :D

For me and hubby everything is going well... we work hard and on weekend have been travelling lots to visit friends and family all over... Hubby is enjoying Canada and has adapt really well to his new life... I know that some spoke about homesickness and adapting about 2 weeks ago... I must say that I noticed that when my husband first came here... he would be on the phone, computer constantly to stay in touch with family and friends in Jamaica cause he missed them. I have noticed that has time goes on with working, new friends, new responsabilities, new hobbies... he has kidda detached and he doesnt keep a daily contact with people in Jamaica (other than his mom and bbm friends) but I would say that he doesn't talk to them as long.... I think that my husband was very lucky cause I know lots of jamaicans and he has a couple family members here so that kidda helped in... we also cook jamaican dishes but on occasion will cook canadian food which made him easier on him to adjust.... my husband is very open minded and i believe that this helped him adjust. I think that living with someone from a different culture and that is new to canada can be difficult at times but overall with communication and compromise i believe you can conquer anything that happens in the relationship.