Interview........
hopefull none
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
cant wait
i have a question about the fees if you pay the inital fee and wait to pay the right of landing fee after does that affect the timing of the application process? is it better to pay everything upfront?

trini777

May 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It would affect the time if they have to request it from you and everything else was ready. If you send in the payment after receiving your AOR then it may not affect the time. ( Im just guessing here, but that seems the most plausable)

AMANDAWOOD

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec-15-2011
Med's Done....
sent with orignal appliction
Interview........
hopefull none
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
cant wait

suki

Nov 26, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2011
AOR Received.
20-10-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-05-2012
Good Morning all :D

Canuck-LOL....Murphy's law..those are great, aren't they the truth!

Christmas just around the corner, I have been a busy Christmas Elf, as I'm sure everyone else too! Hoping KG has a bag of surprises for Before Friday!

Ahhh 10 days off from work will be bittersweet, awesome to get the break, but sadly not spending it with my Husband and my new family in Jamaica. It's ok, JA soon come, or better yet!! Just send him over! I have a bow with his name on it waiting for it to be unwrapped!

One Love, be safe on the roads!

jahlove

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-10
AOR Received.
1-12-10
File Transfer...
13-10-10
Med's Done....
21-06-10
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
January 26, 2012
REMEMBER JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON

Good morning family, i hope everyone is having a great time and with good christmas spirits. Inspite of and despite of all the challenges we have all experience throughout the year we managed to make this far, not by our own doing but because God loves us and so we can take comfort in knowing that he will always be there for us in this and always.

My friends here in jamaica, with election lurking around the corner in the midst of our holiday, i pray that you will all try to protect yourself as best as possible and if you must exercise your right to vote as a proud Jamaican, please do so aas early as possible, then find some place of safety for yourselves and family, because we know that some crazy people are out there just waiting to start trouble and do harm to people for whatever selfish reason they may have.

On a more positive note guys, eat, drink and be merry with friends and families. live each day of your life as its the last and therefore experience the blist and joy of just being alive.

To all my friends who have not gotten any updates yet, "JUST KEEP ON HOLDING ON" good news is just moments away.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR WHEN IT COMES

suki

Nov 26, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2011
AOR Received.
20-10-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-05-2012
jahlove,

Thank you for your message, I will pray for peaceful election. May I ask what are the voting requirements? how does voting work? Do you have to register to vote?

thank you,
One Love

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Good morning forum family, I trust everyone is ready for the big day coming up. We are travelling down to JA for some glorious sunshine and wray and nephew. I booked our flights many months ago and as luck would have it we land on election day with a 2 hour drive home. A friend of ours is a sargent in the police force and advised us to pick a different day but too late for that so requested that we make it home before dark. The army and forces will be out policing all areas which will deter many but advised to be very cautious so I pass this along to everyone as well. So as I won't be on for awhile, I thought a little xmas humour is in store.

The Legend of Angels Atop Trees

Santa was very cross. It was Christmas Eve and NOTHING was going right. Mrs. Claus had burned all the cookies. The elves were complaining about not getting paid for the overtime they had put in while making the toys. The reindeer had been drinking all afternoon and were dead drunk. To make matters worse, they had taken the sleigh out for a spin earlier in the day and had crashed it into a tree.

Santa was furious. "I can't believe it! I've got to deliver millions of presents all over the world in just a few hours- all of my reindeer are drunk, the elves are on strike and I don't even have a Christmas tree! I sent that stupid Little Angel out HOURS ago to find a tree and he isn't even back yet! What am I going to do?"

Just then, the Little Angel opened the front door and stepped in from the snowy night, dragging a Christmas tree. He says, "Yo, fat man! Where do you want me to stick the tree this year?"

And thus the tradition of angels atop the Christmas trees came to pass........

SO A VERY MERRY XMAS AND A GRAND NEW TO ALL MY FRIENDS OUT THERE :-* :-* :-*

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
Hi everyone!!

I will be praying and thinking of our friends in Jamaica during the holidays... Hoping everyone will be safe... I am hoping that Kingston is able to reunite more families before the end of the week :D

I am very excited for Christmas as this is the first that my husband will experience... We will be going to my mom's on christmas eve as she is hosting a party with most of my family that will be present close to 80 people will be there. My husband is very excited as he will be off work for 5 days and he will finally be able to enjoy himself. Like most of you know already he started work less than a week after he arrived in Canada and didn't really have a chance to relax so we are gonna be relaxing during the holidays :D

My husband talked to me about my christmas gift about 2 weeks ago but finally gave into telling me the biggest one of them as he needed my input before making things final. I am happy to say that I am the owner of a new Honda Accord :D So happy... we got it yesterday... best christmas gift ever :D

Also most of you know that I was doing shift work but as of this monday I am full time permanent at my work. We feel blessed and I am really hoping that God will continue to be good to us :)

I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas... :-* :-* :-*

suki

Nov 26, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2011
AOR Received.
20-10-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-05-2012
LW, you are blessed.. :-*
wishing you a lifetime of Love, happiness, Health.
May your Holidays be extra special.

what a beautiful update, made me smile and all wam inside! So inspiring for those of us still waiting for our gifts to arrive.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
LW, how marvelous for you both!! Enjoy this marvelous Christmas, your very first together in Canada. There will never be another like it. :)

Canuck, thanks for the laughs! For the love of pete, be careful traveling on election day. I know of at least one business that has decided to close its doors for the entire week since Mon and Tues are holidays and Thurs is election day. Just be careful, and have a marvelous Christmas at home in sunny JA! I am sure Mr Wray and his Nephew look forward to welcoming you home. ;)

Suki, all eligible citizens may vote in the election, same as with Canada. You must be registered on the last compiled voter's list with the Electoral Office of Jamaica, that list was closed on Nov 30. Voters cast their ballot in their constituency of residence, not where they were registered. The police and election day workers cast their ballots today. I heard a rumour once that the outcome of their vote is usually a strong indication of who will win the general election, but of course you won't get the results of this vote until after the general election, LOL.

I trust everyone is ready, it's 2 days to Christmas!! :eek: Our plans are in place for hubby and I, looking forward to spending good times with family. I hope everyone is looking forward to the same, and enjoys themselves in sharing and giving.

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
So busy, just passing thru to wish everyone a very blessed Christmas!

Megscominhome

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2011
File Transfer...
18-05-2011
Passport Req..
No PPR - Confirmation Rec'd 29 March, 2012
LANDED..........
Will land 29 April!
Hi all,

Haven't posted much lately, but I definitely check in to see everyone's goings-on... looks like there are some approvals coming through for 2011, lots of positive thoughts to those from 2010 and before...Still waiting here in Grand Cayman, we keep trying to remind ourselves that its not a bad place to have to wait but man is it expensive!

Here's a question for you all - hubby got a new phone number, and then changed address. He was in touch with KGN at the start of November but hasn't heard anything back yet. I know I'm probably jumping the gun a bit, but I'm surprised that nothing has been heard from them yet, even to confirm the details. Details on CIC online haven't been updated but I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything... Any ideas?

Also, hubby's medical runs out towards the end of January. There is NO WAY we are going to be able to land in January (he has to give 3 months notice at work, and we are going to the UK to visit his family), so should we have him redo the medicals asap so that trini can send the details to KGN? Or should we wait for KGN to request them?

Anyways, a very very merry christmas to all of you, thinking of everyone who is apart from the one they love...

M

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Hey Meg!

KG and the other embassies don't usually reply to emails that only update information such as addresses.

You can re-do his medicals without a request from KG. If you plan to do so, I suggest waiting until close to the time for them to run out, re-doing them and then advising them via email that you have re-done the medical and they are to expect the new form from you. This means they can continue whatever processing they are doing until the new medicals are available from POS, rather than them trying to hurry you to land when you can't, or putting your file on hold again to send you the forms.

chukie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KNG JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2010 (returned MAY sent back JULY)
Doc's Request.
11-2010
AOR Received.
11-2010
File Transfer...
08-2010
Med's Request
05-2010
Med's Done....
06-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011
LANDED..........
10/4/2011
I WISH YOU A MERRY XMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!Hi forum fam just pop in to say seasons greetings for those with their other halves for the first time, those not but soon to be reunited and those who gone to JA - have a good one!

I am still up wrapping prezzies but got everything done now (i think) LOL. Congrats to those who i've missed and SANCHESTER with the baby.
We are well, we have our ups n downs like everything but wouldn't change it for the world! I miss the JA vibes at christmas was there last year and had an awesome time this year will be quieter but I'm counting my blessings.

Keep safe all out there with the election and link y'all in the new year hope to get A LOT more good news from KGN

RandysGirl

Nov 25, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
11-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-01-11
Med's Request
11-11-11
Med's Done....
11-09-2010/12-10-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-12
LANDED..........
29-02-12
Merry Christmas everyone and God bless!

Here is to 2012 and all the wonderful things that come with it. I feel like I got into a fight with 2011 and it won!!....

it was a trying year for me and a lonely one, as I am sure that alot of you can relate to. I am really looking forward to the new year and I am hopeful that it will be a year full of blessings for all of my forum friends.

I guess I was not as good a girl as Santa wanted me to be as my hubby never got his passport back today, fingers crossed for next week.