Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
SQ - you can apply before the 1 year mark, it's just recommended to wait for a year to prove you have ties. Perhaps in your case, for a sick relative, it may be different. Also, I posted Toronto because I know mrs p said she lives in the Niagara region. If you live elsewhere there may be a US consulate nearby, you'll have to look it up on the internet to see what is closer to where you will be.

according to the website, these are the requirements

B2: Visitor for Pleasure
Applicants for this visa require:

•Printout of DS-160 Confirmation Page with legible bar code
•Valid Passport (at least 6 months)
•Proof of legal status in Canada (original or certified copy)
•Older passports containing previous visas
•Documents substantiating previous legal status in U.S.
•Reciprocity fee (if applicable)
•Proof of sufficient funds to cover all expenses while in the U.S.
•Proof of ties/residence in a country outside the U.S. which have no intentions of abandoning
•Evidence showing purpose of trip.

btw there is no reciprocity fee for Jamaicans...just the $140 fee for the visa (I think)

here is the web page for emergency visa's (if one is required) also, looks like there is a consulate in Calgary and Vancouver too....not sure where you are going to be living SQ

http://canada.usembassy.gov/visas/visas/emergency-visas.html

and you can find the current wait times for the visa here

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/wait/wait_4788.html?post=Toronto&x=61&y=15

looks like in Toronto it's 14 days to have the interview + 2 for admin at the moment

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
sorry I almost forgot....hey canuck!! the family is doing great, thanks for asking :D

how are you and the mrs? how's the weather? any snow yet?

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
hey nae, we had approx 27 snow flakes fall on sat, the mrs ran out to catch a couple. We're doing awesome thanks, just waiting on winter now. Firewood's in, ragtop parked, we're ready to paly

chukie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KNG JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2010 (returned MAY sent back JULY)
Doc's Request.
11-2010
AOR Received.
11-2010
File Transfer...
08-2010
Med's Request
05-2010
Med's Done....
06-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011
LANDED..........
10/4/2011
hey hey FORUM FAMILY

Its been a while but read back a few posts and had to post for MR & MRS PROPS IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING you must be over the moon. :p I am sooo pleased for you both it is tough but the feeling is undescribable when you get the call for PP rqst. ;DGlad you're all set cant wait for the landing story.

Hi to all the newbies on the forum CHARLIED you are doing an amazing job keeping everything in tact cant wait til its your turn - that would definitely be MORE THAN a happy dance...hope you stick & stay we cant do without you :-*

Hubby and I are doing great we moved in August to a house been busy unpacking now settled in and (still) trying for a baby (going for tests at the moment) maybe the biological clock is ticking lol but keeping our fingers crossed.

Its our youngest birthday tomorrow (he's 8) having a Halloween party on saturday to celebrate. Hubby is keeping warm we are both dreading the signs of winter fast approaching - but that's not bad we can use each other as a live blanket with lots of extra kisses and cuddles :p

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE - GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO ARE STILL WAITING!! (exscuse my manners if 4got any1)

suki

Nov 26, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2011
AOR Received.
20-10-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-05-2012
Chukie, congrats on your move!! I know you might think I'm a lil crazy and...i might be just a little!! but seriously try this!! i have like %100 record so far even with couples that have been trying for years!
so after a romantic love making night! just put your legs up on the wall, for like 5 minutes or so!! it works!! and I'll say a prayer for you! :)

proper

Jan 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, Its been a while since i last posted on here and i admit i do feel bad to be just posting now. Towards the end of the process, things became a lil too overbearing for me and i just couldn't handle it no more so i stayed away from the forum.
I'm sorry i didn't stick around to congratulate every one who finally overcame this immigration process but most importantly i want to say Thanks to each and everyone for all your kind words and support when we really needed it.
As depressing as the process was, It sure brought me to a bunch of amazing people and for that i'm grateful.
Special thanks to older members, both the ones that started the journey the same time as i did and the ones that were before me but still stuck around to lend their support. A very special thank you to Charlie for her dedication to this forum, for being there for everyone with a question but most importantly for finding me and directing me to this forum when i was lost in the sea of immigration. Thank you so much!!

oh, thanks everyone for the congrats!!! I still keep you all in my prayers... you're my family forum!

lovehasnoboundaries

Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2011
File Transfer...
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2011
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
Good Morning!
Wow, It's chilly outside! I've been trying to hold out on turning on my heat but last night was the last straw! @Proper - your post was so heart felt, I agree with you this forum and the people are amazing!!!Mrs. Proper congrats and congrats...it's so exiting to read these updates, I can only imagine how you feel...the anticipation and the joy of finally having hubby with you. It's a long process but these type of stories are sooo encouraging, I pray he would arrive safely today. Everyone on this forum is so amazing, CharlieD wow! You do your homework girl, so knowledgable!!!

My husband is just about to send me all of his info. Any suggestions of courier companies that can get the documents here to me in Canada the fastest? Oh ya...I keep forgetting to mention this, but I really want to know what you guys think. Before we even got married, hubby never applied for a visiting visa. We were told by others that if it was refused it would affect our PR application in a negative way. He doesn't have his name on any property, insurance or anything and his livlihood is farming so everyone was saying no it's not going to get approved. Is the negative impact on application statement true? And during the sponsoring process can he still apply for a visit?

Also....do people still send barrels to Jamaica? Can anyone recommend a good company? Thanks much, enjoy your day and stay warm :)

Mrs Proper

Apr 2, 2011
Visa Office......
kgn
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-20-2010
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
10-01-2011
Med's Request
redo May 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
oct19,2011
VISA ISSUED...
oct 25,2011
LANDED..........
landed in toronto oct 27,2011
I don't think it affects yer application. We applied for a visitors visa so he could be here for our daughters birth and ofcourse it was rejected and it dint affect our sponsorship process.

Well good morning forum!!! The next time I post it will be a landing story!! Yippeeeeeeee I'm so ecstatic right now I can't breathe!!!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Morning, morning, morning!

Chukie! Congrats on the new house! Girl, warm that house up nice, you and the mister, christen every room, tee hee! ;) You might find if you relax and remember to have some fun with this process, everything will work out. ;D

LHNB - we use FedEx for our packages between myself and my husband. Fast, efficient and very easy to track. Also their rates are not as bad as I thought they would be, considering the size of some of the packages, haha! No, it won't affect your application if your husband didn't apply for a visit visa before applying for PR. We did, and like so many others were denied, and we just said so on the application and left it at that.

Mr Proper - you are very and always welcome, someone found me wandering out there alone and directed me here too, so I just passed on to you what I was fortunate enough to receive. As you can see, we are all very happy for you guys, and we can't wait for that landing story! Safe travels, and hurry up go on home so I can post your last update! :p

Well, it's a big day, thanks to KG! We would love to see some more action before the week is out, so....NNNNNNNNEEEEEEXXXXXXTTTTTT!!!

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
Thanks for the info Nae-nae...we will be in Alberta...and I know their is a US consulate in Calgary! Don't know what that didn't occur to me lol!! And thanks Charlie...we will look into it...but we just don't know enough to make those plans. I have parents, siblings, sister in law, plus a ton of friends coming over at Christmas time...so the soonest I could plan anything would be after Christmas since my house and nearby hotels are going to be full of people I have to look after and entertain LOL!! And then if our papers come through...we are going to have to focus on that since both of us are going back to Canada at the same time and will have to really put in the time to build up our life and get my daughter settled.

The thing on my mind this morning is ....ITS THE BIG DAY FOR THE PROPERS!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! You guys been waiting so long for this and its finally here....I'm so excited for you guys today!!

Glad to see you on here Proper...wishing you all the best today and a safe flight!! Mrs Proper...your gonna be counting the minutes today I'm sure....you must be about dying right now of excitment!!

Enjoy this reunion to the fullest...its long overdue!! Waiting on the landing story!! All the best in your new life! @

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
You're welcome SQ!

It's ther propers big day!!! Wishing mr proper a safe journey today! I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

LHNB - my husband applied for TRV before we got married and it didn't affect our application. Your husband can still apply for TRV during the sponsorship process but he will most likely be denied. I don't know of any members on here, old or new, that have been approved yet.

hey chuki!! nice to hear from you :D congrats on the move and good luck with the baby making process

Irving

Feb 28, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/01/11
File Transfer...
09/02/11
Med's Done....
20/09/10
Passport Req..
15/08/11
Today is the propers day!!!!! So excited for u both!!!! All is well here had some great days and some not so great but love still resides! Once we get into the right groove i see us both coping better. Hubby gets a lil misrrable with the weather and finds the ever coming bills coming frustrating.....its hard to come from a place where u nevr really payed hydro electricity rent...to that being the priority. He loves his job and is apprenticing as a welder..hope evryone is good would be nice to see a few kore 2011 get threw!!!!!! Proper travel safe!

Mrs Proper

Apr 2, 2011
Visa Office......
kgn
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-20-2010
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
10-01-2011
Med's Request
redo May 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
oct19,2011
VISA ISSUED...
oct 25,2011
LANDED..........
landed in toronto oct 27,2011
Hey everyone, thank you so much for the well wishes. Hubby is at the airport right now checking in! ;) :D in 6 1/2 hours he will be here.

RandysGirl

Nov 25, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
11-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-01-11
Med's Request
11-11-11
Med's Done....
11-09-2010/12-10-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-12
LANDED..........
29-02-12
This is a great day for the Propers!!!!

I swear if I did not live 2 hours from the airport I would be very tempted to go there and watch this wonderful reunion!

Isn't it amazing we can all share in the Joy of this family finally being reunited, I thank everyone for the support and encouragement provided here.

Haha Charlies fingers must be hovering over her keyboard just waiting to update the Propers to "HUBBY LANDED"

We are STILL waiting for a med redo, my imm consultant sent a very strongly worded letter a week ago, I'm going back to my MP today.

Have a great day everyone

RandysGirl

Nov 25, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
11-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-01-11
Med's Request
11-11-11
Med's Done....
11-09-2010/12-10-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-12
LANDED..........
29-02-12
Hey guys, so my husband went to the post office again... Nothing. I know it won't amount to much, but anyone have a phone number to call to make an inquiry in Kingston?? Hubby wants to call and make an inquiry about our meds redo....