Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
Woah Charlie...its been one year already??? For real??

Well that still is one event I will never forget....usually just read about them...first time being personally affected by the house invasions and curfew!! Another thing that made me realize how blessed Canadians really are...so much that when I visit Canada...I get seriously annoyed with the petty crap people put on their head and complain about!!

Try to remember that for most Canadians, this is the only life they know, so to them probably those complaints arn't petty!!

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
I was under the impression by your previous messages that you guys did not meet a year ago as I thought you guys would marry under a year… When you posted this morning stating last June you were worried about your bf, do you mean your current one or a previous one? Maybe I am confusing myself but I did go back and pull the message which I included in this message to get clarification and when I read the past messages to me it sounds like I never clued in before but the information does not seem to be the same on all your message???

Kedeisha said:
Good morning everyone

I am new to this forum my situation is a little different so I will unload and appreciate any advice that can be given.

I have met a wonderful guy thru his cuz he lives in Jamaica between our internet meet August and initial meet in December we plan to get married in Jamaica in June but wont happen as I start a new job. He is in the process of applying for a Visa and we were wondering if he came to Canada and we got married and did our application what are our chances most of our family lives in Jamaica. The reason for the worry is that the wedding would be attended by most of my friends in Canada and maybe a couple of his family members. I spoke to my mom who resides in Jamaica and she felt that a big wedding wasnt necessary as that money could be better spent on getting my/our first home so she is ok with us having the wedding in Canada (as long as she gets a copy :D ) I know I am rambling but I am wondering did anyone else meet got married in a year how was your wedding your proofs etc.. with technology we BBM n facebook n he calls me mostly as its cheaper but wanted some insight any would be appreciated.

Thx
Kedeisha said:
thanks for asking wedding date is september 4th, I plan to go september 2nd my family is there i am in canada with my dad n 3 brothers but my mom side is all there so its best that i travel there. Wedding party is a little over 50 ppl small intimate plus other cost after its best that we do small colors are turquoise and brown; we have found a wedding planner last week as before my original date was June 26 but me n my sis who is there was planning it n the cost were too much now we have stumbled across the wedding planner well she is hubby 2nd mom sis so not stumbled but honestly wen he first came to me about her im like go back n get info as i didnt want to be charged more as they gonna assume foreign mek we charge more but she is a god send pckg works out better than our last 1 so i am excited plus buying my tix tomorrow so thats when i know its confirm sent hubby money to book hotel for venue so its all but sealed ;D my mom was to get married in a double wedding with me but she said she will allow me my day but either way i dont mind i wanna be there for her big day so it looks like my mom is the saturday n me the sunday as there is a 24 hr residency requirement to get married n marriages perform after 8 are not legal so sunday is my best day plus sunday is 9 mths from the first day that we met in person so its a significant date to us....i know married in less than a yr :eek: but i am ready :D

Sorry for the long msg
Kedeisha said:
yea i remember coming down last yr June 22 n then by the 24th them catch him n boy was i worrying bout my bf bcuz i couldnt hear from him

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Lw

no sorry for the confusion my bad I know him but we were not bf and gf at the time at that time we were corresponding over the phone as i met him thru his cuz wen i worked at the hospital last april taking baby pics so I have known about him since last april but we were phone friends as i was still in a relationship that relationship ended in July(dude cheated) i moved in august thats wen me n him got "serious" so to speak when i moved to oakville so no in June he wasnt my bf he was a friend of mine but i use the words interchangeable bf hubby fiance but we oficially started regular conversation august 12 i met him face to face on my december trip i then went back april for his bday n we planning a wedding for september so thats where the confusion lies sorry... I said bf bcuz he has since turned into my bf but was a friend when the JDF invaded west KGN

hope that clears it up

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Yeah, SQ, it's been a year. It started around Labour Day (May 24) last year, and was still going on around this time.

Haha, my husband tells me that all the time, that he's well-traveled for a Canadian because some manage to live their whole lives without leaving their province, much less the country. I've lived so many different places, I find that strange, LOL. But then, Jamaica is fairly small, and Canada is, well, ginormous, haha.

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
SmoothiesQueen... I am getting so excited its crazy... I can't explain but glad to see some of you are excited for us too :D I love this forum for that :D

Kedeisha... thanks for the clarification ;D

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yw

I think we get glad bcuz those that r waiting knows n c the success story n for me that no start wait yet i c the timeline n its encouraging

kuma

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/06/ 2010
AOR Received.
13/07/2010
File Transfer...
27/07/2010
Med's Request
17/05/2011
Passport Req..
15/09/2011
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2011
LANDED..........
18/10/2011
hey guys, my husband went to kingston today to do his police check and they told him he could have done it in mo bay but has to pick it up in kingston when it's ready. i agree with everyone go with what's sent to you but just thought newer applicants may want to know that. cheers:)

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
at least it's over with, right Kuma? :) hubby is probably a little ticked, but remind him that what the person behind the police desk says and what the IO say may be two completely different things, and at the end of the day only one of those people have a HUGE say in your life, that's the person i'd want to not contradict! while things might have changed, this may just be another element of confusion to the mix that is immigration out of Kingston...

hey to everyone else... a lazy day here in the Tdot... missing the heat we've had for the last few days... today's temps just seemed COLD!

my terrorist son was up from 2 to 5 last night, so i am in desparate need of a NAP!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Yep kuma, even if he had to make the trip to Kingston, at least it's over with. One reason I would be leery about doing the fingerprinting anywhere else than Kingston is this, if the person doing your prints does not do a good job, they have to do them manually. And the manual prints might not be usable either! So it is best to be at the source in Kingston, where they can sort things out immediately, rather than doing them in Mobay only to be told that you need to re-do them.

Hey chelley! Take a power nap, LOL. I have had some rare days when I was unable to keep my eyes open, and I would disappear into the bathroom, set the timer on my phone for 15 mins, and just relax. That office didn't have a sick bay, like another one I worked in. Now there you could just go and really relax, so long as nobody needed it because they were genuinely ill, LOL.

togirl2011

Star Member
Feb 6, 2011
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2010
Doc's Request.
25-05-2011
AOR Received.
25-01-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2011
Here's a lil something to break up the silence from KGN:

A guy goes into a drug store to buy condoms. The girl behind the counter says, "What size?"

He says, "I don't know."

She holds up a finger and says, "That big?"

He says, "Bigger."

She holds up three fingers and says, "That big?"

He says, "Smaller?"

She holds up two fingers and he says, "That's it."

She puts the two fingers in her mouth and says, "Medium."

togirl2011

Star Member
Feb 6, 2011
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2010
Doc's Request.
25-05-2011
AOR Received.
25-01-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2011
Here's one more that's well suited for us married folks:

Jack wakes up with a huge hangover after attending his company's Christmas Party. Jack is not normally a drinker, but the drinks didn't taste like alcohol at all. He didn't even remember how he got home from the party. As bad as he was feeling, he wondered if he did something wrong.

Jack had to force himself to open his eyes and the first thing he sees is a couple of aspirins next to a glass of water on the side table. And, next to them, a single red rose! Jack sits up and sees his clothing in front of him, all clean and pressed. He looks around the room and sees that it is in perfect order, spotlessly clean. So is the rest of the house. He takes the aspirins, cringes when he sees a huge black eye staring back at him in the bathroom mirror. Then he notices a note hanging on the corner of the mirror written in red with little hearts on it and a kiss mark from his wife in Lipstick:

"Honey, breakfast is on the stove, I left early to get groceries to make you your favorite dinner tonight. I love you, darling! Love, Jillian"

He stumbles to the kitchen and sure enough, there is hot breakfast, steaming hot coffee and the morning newspaper. His son is also at the table, eating. Jack asks, "Son... What happened last night?"

"Well, you came home after 3 A.M., drunk and out of your mind. You fell over the coffee table and broke it, and then you puked in the hallway, and got that black eye when you ran into the door.

Confused, he asked his son, "So, why is everything in such perfect order and so clean? I have a rose, and breakfast is on the table waiting for me??"

His son replies, "Oh THAT! Mom dragged you to the bedroom, and when she tried to take your pants off, you screamed, "Leave me alone, I'm married!!"

Broken Coffee Table: $239.99. Hot Breakfast: $4.20. Two Aspirins: $.38. Saying the right thing, at the right time. . . PRICELESS!!!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Bahahaha togirl, that second one is "priceless"! Good one!

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
charlie... i have a pretty private office when i'm working out of this location... it's right off the main lobby, but the glass part is frosted except for one small banner... and the lights are on a motion sensor and behind a filing cabinet, so unless i get up and flap my arms, they go out quite often... so i have the perfect envrionment to catch a quick cat nap :) shhhhhh

as for the police reports, who knows why kingston wants things a certain way... i think it's all sort of like an initiation test, not really any purpose to it, but you have to do it if you want to get in... my hubby was in the UK and had to wait a month for an appt with scotland yard to get his fingerprints done as that was the only place kgn would accept them from in all of the UK...was frustrating!!!

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
Arrg today I'm trying to think about the positive...and how hey..we are approved by the Canadian side, there is no logical reason why we could not get approved by the Jamaican side...so we are well on our way.

Normally I'm very content to wait and enjoy all the lovely parts about Jamaica while I can, and think don't be in a rush, this is likely the last time you will live here unless you have a winter home when you retire.

But today...I'm completly fed up...tired and I want out...I want to be back in Canada...I'm just done!! My hubby is so sick today and needs medical attention. I'm fed up with the medical system. I have three close and dear friends who are doctors in Jamaica...who help ease the fact that the medical system is crap as most of them have practiced abroad so have a wider scope of practice. But today...when I need the help...one is abroad, the other is heavily campaigning for a political position and one is booked up solid. So I have to rely on the closest doctor to us who sits back and says...well I suppose its this...so i guess try this perscription and if it doesn't work...I will try to think of what else it could be.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG....ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? We in Canada have no idea how lucky we are to be able to go in to emergency or a walk in clinic whenever...and they RUN TESTS....they take samples, test blood...whatever we need to get to the root of the problem. In Jamaica you pay for EVERYTHING...an arm and a freaking leg!!! And its hard to get in to get a test done even if you want it and half the time im never sure how accurate they are in comparison to abroad.

Right now...today...I'm no longer patient. I want the papers to come through now...I'm tired....I've been in Jamaica for a number of years now...I want my life back...I want security...I want healthcare....I'm tired of the unreliability of Jamaican life...the corruption...the lack of security in EVERY area especially healthcare.

I'm frusterated knowing my husband more than qualifies to come here...but we still have to wait...and I know thats only fair...everyone goes through it...such is the process. But when it comes to his health and I feel so freaking helpless that we just arn't quite there yet as far as coming to Canada and I have to rely on Jamaican healthcare and hope everything will be alright!!

Sorry guys...I just feel like bawling right now. I don't break down very often...usually im fairly content in my Jamaican life...but not when it comes to the well being of my family. Fed up and ready to leave right now!!