Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
charlie ...

Yea ...I figured that i would allow this considering this is his first boy and our last pickney...I mean I wont say that definatly but we have enough now...But who knows another may grace us with there presence again ...lol...

It been awhile since i posted more than 1 post in a day ....Geese it seems like a million years ago i was waitin on IMM ...Now i am waiting on my son ...LOL....Aww

Well today is my hubby bday ...Gunna get a cake ...I have no intrest in making one non at all ...so buy mi a buy....This pregnant thing a get me tired edgy and way outta order ...no sense trying to be a super star cause i cannot manage it today ..

One love all ...Havea good long weekend everyone

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
Thanks HF!! We are very excited and can't wait to meet little Marisa! Lcw said her son needs a gf so we obliged by having a girl lol

We are all very blessed!!

Lcw- Happy Bday to R senior :D. Enjoy the cake....mmmm cake!!! :p :p :p Lol

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
Kc - wow can't believe its been 8 weeks already! Time sure flies by, one blink and Tiana will be 1 ... It goes by way too fast!! Congrats on booking your trip! I would go for the hotel too ;) I also would worry about mosquitos!!

Can-Indy-Jam

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
File Transfer...
November 22, 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Hellooo Everyone!!

Another week goes by and I am eager to hear more updates....next week...This is a long weekend I think in Jamaica as well...

Im not sure if anyone else's husband is like this but I think my husband is getting cold feet coming to Canada....he is acting a little off these past few days....and Im not sure about anyone else but I know for sure my husband didn't really want to move to canada...although he is making an aception!!! (cant spell)

So now he recently dropped off passport and is acting all weirdddd!! that kinda puts a damper on things...but I needs to lift my head up....things could be worse...

I wish everyone a great weekend...until next time...

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can-Indy-Jam have u guys ever lived together anymore? maybe he is taking it in now that wow in just a short while i will be reunited with my wife n there will be HUGE adjustments u dont really know someone until u lived with them but trust n beleive that this process will make u stronger together...glad fi u

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Hey CIJ!

Yes, it's a long weekend here, Monday is Labour Day. I'm not terribly civic minded, so I am just going to enjoy the weekend and keep job-hunting, LOL.

This has been a good week for updates, there are more to look forward to, many are the ones eagerly waiting. :)

Your husband is facing the "cold" truth that life as he knows it is about to change, and change big-time. His culture shock is already kicking in, I am guessing. Here's where all the preparations you have made to help him (and yourself!) adjust to the changes that are coming will come into play. It's a day to day thing, just like getting through the immigration process was.

I am pleased to say hubby got the whole yard trimmed to within an inch of its life. ;D The black flies drove him inside a couple times, lol, but he put up his bug zapper and managed to finish the job. He is now sleeping peacefully with a can of beer balanced on his chest, LOL! So cute. :-*

Irving

Feb 28, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/01/11
File Transfer...
09/02/11
Med's Done....
20/09/10
Passport Req..
15/08/11
Candy, I think the entire process is so overwhelming. He has lived a life where he was responsible for him, and now he needs to adjust his world. When i visit, i try to really adjust to life there, do the laundry, clean house, prepare food ect, and its an adjustment for me, washing in a basin.. damn! I think of the adjustment we make or visits.. Our loved one leaving their home, their community, must bring such anxiety. I know I will be feeling the same way when we are faced with the move. Knowing how close my husband is with his family and his mom. His mom said to me my last visit.. he is my only child that always no matter what tries to make me happy, and does what ever i need.. and your taking him away from me, not said in pain but in hope, because she knows that his life will be better, and so will hers becasue of it. i think re-assuring him that his ties to home will remain strong, and investing in home is important. We are buying preoperty before my hubby leaves, and planing to sponser his mom as well, so she can come when she pleases. i think that makes the thought of Canada less lonely. As much as we want them to be eststic about their journey to us, there is so much sadness leaving people behind. If he is anything like my hubby, he wont talk about it, so what i do, is make suggestions and offer ideas on how to make transition easier. good luck girl!

RandysGirl

Nov 25, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
11-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-01-11
Med's Request
11-11-11
Med's Done....
11-09-2010/12-10-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-12
LANDED..........
29-02-12
Well said Charlie and Irving, these are concerns I have had. I just hope my husband gets here this summer or at least early fall because coping with coming in dead winter could magnify the trauma of coming here.
I lived in jamaica with him for 6 months and there were certainly days when I thought I was going to lose it (such as being in line at scotiabank lol) our cultural differences can be pretty big sometimes. I can only imagine what he may go through leaving his family and home. My mother in law also had that type of conversation with me also. she wanted me to know that she loves and trusts me to care for her son and help him through the changes he will face.

I am also feeling a little sad as I know I wont be going "home" as often as I have been for the last couple of years, darn it that country can drive me crazy sometimes but when I am away for more than a couple of weeks I really really miss it bad bad.

Lovely evening tonight, I love this spring!!

Irving

Feb 28, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/01/11
File Transfer...
09/02/11
Med's Done....
20/09/10
Passport Req..
15/08/11
RandysGirl, question.. I mean to ask you long ago, about villa s.m..... I met a lady from ontario there two christmas's ago, who was moving to be with her boyfriend who was I believe was part owner? Just curious if you are that girl? if not ignore me! We only tsayed for the night!

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Good Night all...

CIJ - same here, my hubby never wanted to come to Canada, he wanted me to move there, and I would have if I had to for sure....but as much as I got the whole "watch out for those jamaicans who just want citizenship", and doubted and questioned every once and a while even though I knew we were madly in love and I didnt have to worry about that, he got, "watch out for those foreingers who act all nice and sweet while they in foriegn and then when you get there they change and become jelous, controlling and manipulative and want to wear the pants because they think you owe them the world for sponsoring you" he fret at times as well, he knew deep down inside he didnt need too, but you cant help it... its just our way of protecting ourselves...but I totally understand about the whole cold feet thing! I am sure there are many different reasons for each one of us to have concerns but everything will sort out... love concors all!!

LCW & Nae.... aww... soon you two will have your little bundles of joy.. Marisa & RJ.. :) cute!! Cant wait to hear about your stories! Right now we are blessed, Tiana sleeps strait through the night and has done since 3 weeks... between 10 - 12 at night she goes to bed and sleeps until 5-7 in the morning! Its wonderful!

Just wanted to remind everyone that tomorrow supposedly is "judgement day".... I wish you all the best and will pray that your hearts and soul are pure enough for the lord as I sure they are!! God Bless!!

ONE LOVE!

RandysGirl

Nov 25, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
11-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-01-11
Med's Request
11-11-11
Med's Done....
11-09-2010/12-10-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-12
LANDED..........
29-02-12
Hi Irving, it was me 8) :But I am not sure who you are pm me...

Can-Indy-Jam

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
File Transfer...
November 22, 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Thanks Everyone, I have thought about the transition factors....although now his aunt is wanting my husband to build a house...and before we found out he was getting his visa he had a whole different plan...then a few weeks ago I told him about the timelimit to leave once visa is approved and now he's really taken back because he is addamit to complete turbines before he leaves and only time can tell Now...

Thanks all for ur supportive thoughts and suggestions I am just giving him space now as I know he has lots to think about...

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
Can-Indy-Jam girl...this is normal. I've lived for years now with my husband in Jamaica, and I'm even scared to leave and I was raised in Canada. So I can only imagine how this feels for them. My husband is excited at the good parts of coming to Canada such as the ability to progress to a different level in regards to what we want out of life. But the idea of leaving the culture, people, sunshine, food,family and everything he's ever known...totally scary. He has panic attack days where I gotta walk him through it a bit. My husband....NEVER EVER wanted to come to Canada. He had never dated any foriegn women, he had a close relative with the ability to sponser him to England and turned it down time after time. He also has a TON of family in the US! He had an uncle he was best friends with that constantly wanted to send him money from abroad, and he constantly refused. He wanted to make his own way in life. My husband is rather quirky that way I should mention. Hes one of the few Jamaicans I know that is against going abroad and gets offended a bit when his relatives abroad don't understand why he refuses their money. I can't honestly say if I was born and raised and struggling in Jamaica I'd turn down financial help...but thats hubby for ya!

Sooo...it wasnt until he saw that it would be a better life for us as a family that he finally gave in. But truthfully there are alot of Jamaicans without the desire for farrin...despite popular belief. Not everyone is out hustling tourists and farrin ladies/men. There are real men...like mine who already had options...and never sought out anybody farrin..that it was just meant to be. And its hard for them because unlike some men, they never planned for farrin and leaving is actually a sacrifice for the sake of their spouse and children. It just means us spouses have to be extra patient, supportive and understanding because really...after leaving my home behind for Jamaica, I realize how hard it is for them and my respect goes out to the ones who go to farrin for their families sake, not because they were hustling tourists, or even a good person that just wanted farrin life and geuninely loved their spouse. Because for them its the hardest!!!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Morning everyone!

How is the beautiful morning? I'm having a great one, except for the helicopters flying overhead every so often. JDF and US DoD are conducting joint training exercises, and I am wondering if there isn't enough bush in Jamaica for them to fly over, why do they need to do it in the most populated area?? ::)

Anyways, I trust everyone is having great weather and looking forward to whatever they have planned for the holiday weekend!