+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

Helpmeplease

Star Member
Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ebony, When they called for hubby to drop off passport they left him a VM, he did not have his phone with him because it was early on in the application and we never thought they would call so early...they left the message saying to drop off his passport at the embassy and that they would call him back to pick up his visa....:)

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Morning and TGIF everyone!

Another week comes to a close, still one day left for KG to make some calls!

I am happy this week and this month are ending, next month should bring hubby home to me for a couple weeks and I am so excited for it. Also, CPC-M should start working on February applications by the end of next week, so March should bring us news of sponsorship approval. :)

Here's a laugh for this morning:

A male whale and a female whale were swimming off the coast of Japan when they noticed a whaling ship. The male whale recognized it as the same ship that had harpooned his father many years earlier. He said to the female whale, "Lets both swim under the ship and blow out of our air holes at the same time and it should cause the ship to turn over and sink. They tried it and sure enough, the ship turned over and quickly sank. Soon however, the whales realized the sailors had jumped overboard and were swimming to the safety of shore. The male was enraged that they were going to get away and told the female "lets swim after them and gobble them up before they reach the shore." At this point, he realized the female was becoming reluctant to follow him. "Look", she said, "I went along with the blow job, but I absolutely refuse to swallow the seamen."

Let's go, KG. NNNNEEEXXXTTT!!!

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Morning beutiful people...

RAMDONT.. I dont even know what to say in your case about them making you wait so long for the PP Pickup... that is just ridiculous. In the past it takes an average of 7-15 buisness days for them to get back to someone with their passport. Some have got it back really quick (if medicals are soon to be expired) and some have taken a little longer - but I believe yours may take the cake for the title of longest wait. Frustrating to say the least.

Regarding the Bring Forward Date... its not by any means standard, at all but it is a general rule they use and follow.... When you get a document request they give you 60 days, when you order your CAIPS notes (you can order them from Canada for a 5 dollar fee) which shows whats going on in your file, there is a BF date listed on it - usually 60 days from the last time they took a peek in your file or requested a document etc etc.

If you picture this, you get to work in the morning and you log on to your computer and a screen pops up, it tells you say... today you will need to send Chukie Document Request letter, after you send Chukie her letter you press a button on your computer as DONE, then it puts Chukie back into rotation and her name will pop up in 60 days or so to say ray ray ray ray ray ray check if Document Request has been received and look at next step of process.... Next person names pops up............

Now, all of this is just general procedure like i said, not every Immigration Officer follows the rules textbook style, some are lazy, some are efficient, some lose documents, some get fired and leave stacks of things to do and no one picks up those files, some make up excuses cuz they dunn know what they have done with the file. etc etc etc.

They are so hard to read at times because just when you say they will do one thing because its gone that way for the past 2 years and thats the way we know KNG to gallong, they do something totally different, since I have been on this forum - they have changed it up a lot, you used to not go pick up your police check that was to be obtained to KNG - now you have to pick it up and send it in with your file or drop it off at embassy. They would never send back your passport with visa in it via DHL and now they are doing that - which i think is great. You used to be able to go to the embassy Mon - Thurs, to enquire, drop off documents, drop off PP but now its only Tues and Thurs. But, they stopped sending out AOR's for a year or so, and now they are back to sending out AOR's, they NEVER used to update Ecas before, now they seem to update it so much that they are making mistakes. Peoples hubbies and wifeys would land (including mine) and it would only say in process... not no medicals received nothing!!

ramdont

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nov, 2010
Med's Request
August, 2010
Med's Done....
August, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...........
LANDED..........
Waiting............
KC Thanks for the info. I guess they have gone back to their 'old practice', cause even though they have hubby's pp it still says 'in process'. I guess it's in God's hands, whatsoever they're doing with his file I hope they do it speedily so that he can be with us soon.

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
your welcome :) I cant find the posts you made, but you did contact MP right? and they said something about checking marriage certificate is legit? Have you tried to order your CAIPS notes?

I just tried to google CAIPS notes to give you the link and even those forms seem to be different now and some are asking for 40 - 120 dollars fee. I cant tell if they are legit any more. Regardless, it takes about 5 weeks or so to get them mailed to you... not sure if it would be of any help - or if the information on the notes would give you any more info than you dont already know.

I am sure you have emailed, faxed, called, got in touch with MP, etc etc etc...... so as you said, its in God's hands...

We had one person on here whos file got tampered with from an "unknown outside source" said the Immigration Officer... basically someone had called the embassy and said that their file was corrupt, and that they were married before, and it was not a bonifide relationship and all this friggery! It cost them 2 interviews, they finally asked for passport to issue visa and then called back for a next interview cuz some badmind person was going out of their way to make their process a misery. Now, not saying this has anything to do with your case at all... but it just popped into my head how KNG can be at times.... WATLESS!!

I hope for your sake that you soon get reunited, I do recall you mentioning 7 years being married. Bless your soul for being so patient!!

ramdont

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nov, 2010
Med's Request
August, 2010
Med's Done....
August, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...........
LANDED..........
Waiting............
I tell u my dear, patience is a virtue!!! the good thing now is that the embassy only provides automated services, I guess it's things like that that caused them to cease with the customer service reps. People can be so troublesome at times!!!.You know I honestly beleive that the explanation I got from the MP was just a means of covering their sorry rear for being negligent with the file. Well, keeping the 60 days BB date you mentioned in mind, I guess by next week they should be printing the visa by God's grace!!!!

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
ramdont if you are interested in ordering CAIPS notes, here is a website with info

http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes

I also found this post from lcw on how to order them

lonelycanadianwifey said:
If you are living in Canada you can order your CAIPS notes or on behalf of someone else for free under the Privacy Act.

1) Go the site

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf
fill in the firm with the required details i.e.:

a) Visa post (e.g. Kingston,Jamaica etc.)
b) File number (e.g. BXXXX..)
c) Date of Birth
d) Your Postal address (In Canada address only)

2) Check on the box for the CAIPS notes request in the form.

3)Provide a photocopy of your valid permit/visa in Canada (Person requesting).

4) Write a cover letter requesting the notes (Person who requests writes that).

THE COST IS 5 DOLLARS

Post all the papers together to :

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Tel.: (613) 957-6512
Fax: (613) 957-6517

ramdont

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nov, 2010
Med's Request
August, 2010
Med's Done....
August, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...........
LANDED..........
Waiting............
Thanks nae nae, but do you think I should go ahead and request the info. given that I have already contacted my MP?

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
WOW! :eek: So much good news. God is truly wonderful. I'm glad to hear that everyone is getting through.

How are the "mamas" doing? KC do you have a footballer on your hands? ;)

Everyone, be blessed & Stay blessed! :D

KIDD - Congrats!

Greetings Nae, Kimore, Sick, KC and everyone else... :)

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
ramdont - it can't hurt, the only thing is you need your husband to sign the form to release the info to you. The notes may show you why the file was held up or better yet, ask your MP to get them, they should be able to get them on your behalf.

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
hey everyone
I am on my stupid cell hone in jamaica WII FII naw wuk man frigg and how long it is takin to pst this damn post is pissing me off I cant logg on to facebook on my phone and then it shut mi off Gawd I dunno if this post will show or not
everything good and mi happy bad we deh a rustic chillin lookin oiver the oceran scene seeing some freinds kids dem dutty up and mi a guh lef dem deh a momma yaad tinight cau mi done look at dem dutty selves
i musy say that this will prbally be my last post here cause using my ceel here on the internet will prbally cost nuff
love you all i am drinking carrot juice mi likke dawta freind there mek fi mi and mi bebes
sonanxiouas so ahhpy for you and butterfly10 nuff respeck muah!

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
HF, a little princess I have... she is already a diva...spoiled already and she hasnt even blessed us with her presence... Bless her! lol very excited for her to be here with us.

ramdont - so true, patience is a virtue... you and the rest of the forum are in my prayers for updates! This process can really take a toll on someone.. !! Stay strong!

LCW enjoy yourself in JA... have a carrot juice for me... lol.. too bad you cant hav a red stripe but u know its worth it in the end.

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Aww KC. Oh, I knew you were having a princess by (footballer/soccer).. I was referrnig to the kicking... Ok, not so funny... lol

LCW eat some Ackee & salt fish for me! :D

M.A.L

Jul 6, 2010
Hello Forum Family,

I'm happy to write that this process is finally over! My husband arrived in Toronto on Family Day. I've been super busy preparing and attending to him that I didn't get a chance to let you guys know sooner. Anyway, I'm just popping in to give you guys this update.

BTW......I didn't get a chance to read all of the new (probably old by now) posts, but I just wanted to say congrats to anyone that has gotten any good news lately!

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
lol HF, sorry... I didnt catch on ??? ahahahah Yes, she is most definetly a footballer... ever a kick me and punch me... They said I had an anterior placenta (placenta on the front) and I wouldnt feel as much but I feel her none stop!!

M.A.L. Very nice... Congrats on the arrival of your hubby. Thanks for checking back in and letting us know that your process is over. That is great news! Let us know if you have any post landing questions regarding OHIP, SIN or PR Card, Travelling etc... What a great day to land... Family Day! That day will always be that much more special to you guys!