November 22 2016
Passport Req..
November 22
VISA ISSUED...
November 22, 2016
LANDED..........
November 26. 2016
canjamdiva said:
Also, keep an eye on the applicants email, we never got a call but found the interview request in the spam folder.
Do you have to reply back to the email confirming the date? Just wondering if they will call too if they dont get a response from the email.

canjamdiva

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2015
AOR Received.
14-11-2015
File Transfer...
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
21-08-2015
Interview........
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2016
LANDED..........
12-11-2016
basl_jhjm said:
Do you have to reply back to the email confirming the date? Just wondering if they will call too if they dont get a response from the email.

No , the email didn't ask for a reply, just told us time/date and what documents to bring.

Stitch15

Sep 27, 2016
Hello everyone! I too have been following this forum for a while silently observing. Got some good news and thought I'd share to just give everyone a bit of hope
Application recd: October 15
AOR: Dec. 3
Sponsorship approval: Dec 14
In process: Dec 24th
Call received: Sept. 23
Interview: Nov. 7th

jacalinkup

Jan 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-15
AOR Received.
14-12-15
File Transfer...
23-12-15
Med's Done....
06-04-16
Passport Req..
Praying Soon.
VISA ISSUED...
Praying Soon.
LANDED..........
Praying Soon.
Stitch15 said:
Hello everyone! I too have been following this forum for a while silently observing. Got some good news and thought I'd share to just give everyone a bit of hope
Welcome and Congrats!! I added your info to the Kingston spreadsheet (link in the bottom of my post). Glad KVO is working on October and November applicants. I've been anxious lately cause we applied Oct 23 here's hoping we hear something soon.

susanrichards2015

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Please Lord
jacalinkup said:
Welcome and Congrats!! I added your info to the Kingston spreadsheet (link in the bottom of my post). Glad KVO is working on October and November applicants. I've been anxious lately cause we applied Oct 23 here's hoping we hear something soon.
You will. Keep the faith :)

basl_jhjm

Dec 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
Med's Done....
10-10-2015
Interview........
November 22 2016
Passport Req..
November 22
VISA ISSUED...
November 22, 2016
LANDED..........
November 26. 2016
kenny9 said:
Hey guys just an update hubby's passport stamped and returned today!!!!! LANDING STORY COMING UP!!!!! ;D :D :D ;D ;D
Very exciting. Cant wait to hear the landing story

theHenrys24

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 Nov 2015
Doc's Request.
Done upfront
File Transfer...
21 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
November 2016
Passport Req..
November 23, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 23, 2016
Stitch15 said:

Thanks for sharing,it surely brings hope to the forum.
Congratulations as well. ;)

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
Oh my goodness! I tend not to post much, but I do read this forum often, and am sooooo excited by the amount of good news that has been shared the past few weeks. Am so excited for all of you that are so close to the end of this journey. You are all in my thoughts!

Hubby is officially my hubby now! We got married on the 17th, and are excited to start the process of putting together our application.

I was wondering though, for his police record, how long before they expire? Is it necessary to have it upfront with the application? Same with the medical record? Does it expire and is it required upfront?

I've read mixed opinions about the fee's... For the RPRF, is it best to pay it upfront? I've heard it speeds up the process at the end for when/if an immigrant visa is issued

Lastly- this may seem arbitrary, but, like I said- as soon as we receive the official marriage certificate we want to send off the application- I will be in Jamaica at that time (will be back here Nov-Jan) so won't be able to do my legal name change in Canada till I return in Jan. Should I be filling out the forms using my maiden name since it hasn't legally been changed yet (though, by the time the application begins go be processed, it will be)?

susanrichards2015

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Please Lord
adt83 said:
Oh my goodness! I tend not to post much, but I do read this forum often, and am sooooo excited by the amount of good news that has been shared the past few weeks. Am so excited for all of you that are so close to the end of this journey. You are all in my thoughts!

Hubby is officially my hubby now! We got married on the 17th, and are excited to start the process of putting together our application.

I was wondering though, for his police record, how long before they expire? Is it necessary to have it upfront with the application? Same with the medical record? Does it expire and is it required upfront?

I've read mixed opinions about the fee's... For the RPRF, is it best to pay it upfront? I've heard it speeds up the process at the end for when/if an immigrant visa is issued

Lastly- this may seem arbitrary, but, like I said- as soon as we receive the official marriage certificate we want to send off the application- I will be in Jamaica at that time (will be back here Nov-Jan) so won't be able to do my legal name change in Canada till I return in Jan. Should I be filling out the forms using my maiden name since it hasn't legally been changed yet (though, by the time the application begins go be processed, it will be)?
Hello and welcome. The application requests to have the police and medical submitted upfront. Both of them are valid for one year from the date of issue. As for which name to use, I would go with your maiden name. I still haven't changed my name and I submitted the application using my maiden name. It should not cause any issue with a difference in last name. As well, I would suggest paying the full fee upfront. When I applied in November 2015, the total was $1040. It may have changed now buy definitely do it all upfront if you can. It will cause delays if they need to contact you and request it. Good luck!!

kenny9

May 9, 2016
adt83 said:

Hey Congrats! :D :D For the police record its valid for one year and the medical is also valid for one year but can be extended if you need to.....it is best to submit all info and payment upfront it avoid any delays as this can already be a lengthy process...during the process you might have to resubmit the police record or medical or even both as the process might take a little over 1 year. You can also submit application using your current last name before marriage and once you have changed it scan and email document showing your name change......you would email documents to kingstonimmigration@international.gc.ca (Subject will be your file number). Hope this helps. ;D

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
kenny9 said:
Hey Congrats! :D :D For the police record its valid for one year and the medical is also valid for one year but can be extended if you need to.....it is best to submit all info and payment upfront it avoid any delays as this can already be a lengthy process...during the process you might have to resubmit the police record or medical or even both as the process might take a little over 1 year. You can also submit application using your current last name before marriage and once you have changed it scan and email document showing your name change......you would email documents to kingstonimmigration@international.gc.ca (Subject will be your file number). Hope this helps. ;D
Thank you both! That helps greatly. Will follow your advice. :) One more question to pester you all with... My husband has a 3 year old daughter...She won't be accompanying him to Canada as yet. We're trying to fill out the Generic Application Form (IMM 008) and are having trouble with the dependent questions, in particular, under Education/Occupatipnal Detail #4 which is a required question "Indented Occupation"? She's 3.... Would we just put student? Thanks again in advance.

jacalinkup

Jan 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-15
AOR Received.
14-12-15
File Transfer...
23-12-15
Med's Done....
06-04-16
Passport Req..
Praying Soon.
VISA ISSUED...
Praying Soon.
LANDED..........
Praying Soon.
adt83 said:
Thank you both! That helps greatly. Will follow your advice. :) One more question to pester you all with... My husband has a 3 year old daughter...She won't be accompanying him to Canada as yet. We're trying to fill out the Generic Application Form (IMM 008) and are having trouble with the dependent questions, in particular, under Education/Occupatipnal Detail #4 which is a required question "Indented Occupation"? She's 3.... Would we just put student? Thanks again in advance.
yes just put student. also make sure you get a medical done for her just in case in the future she wants to come to canada.

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
jacalinkup said:
yes just put student. also make sure you get a medical done for her just in case in the future she wants to come to canada.
Thank you! These forms are too generic in some ways and require too much detail in other ways... :)

destinedlove

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
April, 28, 2017
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2017
AOR Received.
May 26, 2017
File Transfer...
July 11, 2017
Med's Request
June 05, 2017
Med's Done....
June 08,2017; Passed June 23, 2017
Interview........
Nov 21, 2017
Passport Req..
Dec 4, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2017
LANDED..........
Soon
Hello all, Its great to hear all the good news so far this month. Does anyone know of persons that have had their sponsorship applications sooner than 1 year?
Is there anyway to expedite the application process?