Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
HisWifey30 said:
haha that's so funny hubby lives near there as well i probably well passed you on road... i was there in September loool.

but yes girl have a safe flight back. and all the best :)
Thank you and yes you never know haha
We are in St Jago South. Such a small world isnt it. Haha

Paula_T

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
shortyp2000 said:
The last we heard from Jodz was that her hubby would be landing in 2 days (in April), and thats the last time she was on.
Sunkissed has 4 months stated on the spreadsheet for some reason but in one of her last posts in May she said it was actually 5 months and 2 days, which confuses me.
She had these dates listed:

App. Filed.......: 12-11-2014
AOR Received.: 30-01-2015
File Transfer...: 26-03-2015
Med's Request: submitted with application
Med's Done....: 01-09-2014
Passport Req..: 30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...: 23-04-2015

So it says it was only 4 days from the time it was transferred until she got PPR. THATS INSANE. Most times they dont even respond to email in that amount of time so Im not sure how all the checks and background and security checks were done in just 4 days, but good for them.
lol we all know there is no way Kingston is processing a application in 4 days . That is not true the only way that could possibly happen is if You kno someone that works at the embassy and even still I can't see that happening ...

I haven't been on much hubby finally landed Thursday so I've been busy .. When he landed he was interviewed by a immigration officer , they asked him approx 30 questions regarding out marriage ..

Also his friends passport has also been sent in and for those of you who haven't done a record check in a while just be aware that they changed the way they do them and if your husband has ever had charges in the past even if they were withdrawn it will show up on the record , hubby's friend was charged with weapons offences back in 2004 and all charge were dropped but this still showed on his record , and while it did show withdrawn it still could cause immigration to look further into everything.. He went to Kingston and paid them $12.000 to get that info removed..

@shorty are you still waiting on your caips notes ?

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ certificate dec 2015 because quebec did not send
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
june 10 2015 and sept 11 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 11 2015 medical extended until January 2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
Paula_T said:
lol we all know there is no way Kingston is processing a application in 4 days . That is not true the only way that could possibly happen is if You kno someone that works at the embassy and even still I can't see that happening ...

I haven't been on much hubby finally landed Thursday so I've been busy .. When he landed he was interviewed by a immigration officer , they asked him approx 30 questions regarding out marriage ..

Also his friends passport has also been sent in and for those of you who haven't done a record check in a while just be aware that they changed the way they do them and if your husband has ever had charges in the past even if they were withdrawn it will show up on the record , hubby's friend was charged with weapons offences back in 2004 and all charge were dropped but this still showed on his record , and while it did show withdrawn it still could cause immigration to look further into everything.. He went to Kingston and paid them $12.000 to get that info removed..

Congrats Paula you must be so happy nice thanksgiving gift I can't wait for this day enjoy your thanksgiving lots to give thanks for

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
HisWifey30 said:
hello all,

hope everyone's doing well. 8)

i haven't been on the forum much... it's been a rough rough week for the hubby and i. we had a hugeeeeeeeeeeeee argument that seriously tested our marriage this week. i dont have to remind you guys how hard the distance is on a relationship at times. it often causes additional heavy weight on a relationship. anywho we're slowly making it back to normal ... sad he can't be with me and the fam to celebrate thanksgiving... but hopefully next year nuh pass hopefully lol. anyway the aim is still to get the application in my mid NOV so hope to be joining you guys soon in the count down process.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

one thing im definitely thankfully for is this forum and all the helpful members

Xo'
Long distance is very hard I have had my blow ups with hubby too it's just so hard being apart it gets to you after all we are human wish immigration we understand this maybe they would move faster to bring us together with the men we love keep the faith

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
shortyp2000 said:
Awwww. Im leaving my hubby tomorrow, i wish i could stayyyy
Sorry to hear this is the hardest part leaving I hate good byes or as I say see you later safe travels shortyp

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Yes Paula I received them and there were bits of info that were incorrect. (Our year of marriage, my canadian born children entered as jamaicans accompanying my hubby, etc). I saw the kids info was fixed before I got the notes and I had to send a request for them to fix the marriage date (off by 3 years).

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
lonelydreadswife said:
Sorry to hear this is the hardest part leaving I hate good byes or as I say see you later safe travels shortyp
I know, its hard. Starting to pack now. :(

Paula_T

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
shortyp2000 said:
Yes Paula I received them and there were bits of info that were incorrect. (Our year of marriage, my canadian born children entered as jamaicans accompanying my hubby, etc). I saw the kids info was fixed before I got the notes and I had to send a request for them to fix the marriage date (off by 3 years).
Oh my gosh that's a terrible mistake that could have jeporidized the outcome of your case had you not noticed it and had it corrected. And having your Canadian children listed as his acconpying children ny gosh that's a big mistake on there part. They should have to speed up your application for this kind of mistake there is no excuse. And it's good they fixed the children's part but even still it's unacceptable ...

You should be hearing something anytime now because you weren't far behind me

lijasha

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015 - PC
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Request
With application
Med's Done....
30-09-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2015 - DM!
Hey there!

Glad hubby finally made it and he's experiencing his first Thanksgiving too :):) - lots to be thankful for this weekend.
Hopefully some of us will be finishing this ordeal soon too :)

What kinds of questions did they ask about the marriage? My hubby's still trying to grasp the concept of provinces and cities, but he's trying lol. (have to keep explaining it in relation to parishes and towns/cities there -lol) (completely unrelated I know, but your post about immigration questions made me think of it)

Paula_T said:

lijasha

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015 - PC
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Request
With application
Med's Done....
30-09-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2015 - DM!
Oh gawd, girl....I know this is soooooo tough. Separation anxiety is a killer and it's even tougher when we live in a place that isn't so simple to just walk on the road and hang out with anyone you see. Lonliness is crazy and I don't know about you but I really depend on him for companionship and even though I know how life is there, I still go nuts waiting for a call or text back....always wondering what he's doing and hoping that he doesn't give into any temptation that just happens to be walking by half naked in the heat.

This is gonna end for us all....hopefully very soon. We just have to take a step back and let time roll - we have to keep busy and like I keep telling my hubby - we have to go thru a little hard time now, but it's not going to be like this forever, we just have to hold on no matter what. It's gonna end.

<3

HisWifey30 said:
hello all,

hope everyone's doing well. 8)

i haven't been on the forum much... it's been a rough rough week for the hubby and i. we had a hugeeeeeeeeeeeee argument that seriously tested our marriage this week. i dont have to remind you guys how hard the distance is on a relationship at times. it often causes additional heavy weight on a relationship. anywho we're slowly making it back to normal ... sad he can't be with me and the fam to celebrate thanksgiving... but hopefully next year nuh pass hopefully lol. anyway the aim is still to get the application in my mid NOV so hope to be joining you guys soon in the count down process.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

one thing im definitely thankfully for is this forum and all the helpful members

Xo'

lijasha

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015 - PC
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Request
With application
Med's Done....
30-09-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2015 - DM!
Shorty, I read everything you write and I don't know about anyone else, but I feel sad knowing that your battle seems to be a little tougher than most.
I read at one point where you said that you're not surprised because everything seems to be harder for you. As much as I should probably take my own advice, and I know this already, we need to stop cursing ourselves and drawing this negative energy and spirits into our lives.

I want to believe that everything happens for a reason, and although it might be hard to understand why it works out the way it does, maybe, just maybe you and all of us are going thru certain things because that's the best way for it to be. Think positive and don't think that way about yourself, start thinking: I wonder why this is happening the way it is, maybe God is making me avoid something even worse.

I was reading about the 911 tragedy the other day. I'm not even sure if it's true what I was reading, but there was a list of people that didn't make it to work that morning and the reasons behind it. Things that really would upset us at the time, like kids not getting ready on time, missing the bus, or flat tire or even a broken shoe lace. I'm sure those people were cussing bad in that moment, but an hour later were thanking God they got delayed because their life was spared. You hear about these kinds of things all the time. I've even been in a situation where I was driving on the 401 and I was delayed by even just 15 minutes, and there in the middle of the road was a big multi-car accident that just happened....I don't know for sure if I would have been involved in it, but had I have left a little earlier like I was supposed to, maybe I wouldn't be writing this today. I know these kinds of things happen to us all, or we know someone.

Just hang tight, give hubby a nice, sweet kiss and just know you'll be kissing his "cold" lips very soon again.

<3

shortyp2000 said:
Awwww. Im leaving my hubby tomorrow, i wish i could stayyyy

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
lijasha said:
Shorty, I read everything you write and I don't know about anyone else, but I feel sad knowing that your battle seems to be a little tougher than most.
I read at one point where you said that you're not surprised because everything seems to be harder for you. As much as I should probably take my own advice, and I know this already, we need to stop cursing ourselves and drawing this negative energy and spirits into our lives.

I want to believe that everything happens for a reason, and although it might be hard to understand why it works out the way it does, maybe, just maybe you and all of us are going thru certain things because that's the best way for it to be. Think positive and don't think that way about yourself, start thinking: I wonder why this is happening the way it is, maybe God is making me avoid something even worse.

I was reading about the 911 tragedy the other day. I'm not even sure if it's true what I was reading, but there was a list of people that didn't make it to work that morning and the reasons behind it. Things that really would upset us at the time, like kids not getting ready on time, missing the bus, or flat tire or even a broken shoe lace. I'm sure those people were cussing bad in that moment, but an hour later were thanking God they got delayed because their life was spared. You hear about these kinds of things all the time. I've even been in a situation where I was driving on the 401 and I was delayed by even just 15 minutes, and there in the middle of the road was a big multi-car accident that just happened....I don't know for sure if I would have been involved in it, but had I have left a little earlier like I was supposed to, maybe I wouldn't be writing this today. I know these kinds of things happen to us all, or we know someone.

Just hang tight, give hubby a nice, sweet kiss and just know you'll be kissing his "cold" lips very soon again.

<3
Awww thanks Lijasha,
You are so right. I definitely think these things happen for a reason. The longer I wait the more we will balance it out with good days when we are finally together.
Leaving hubby was hard today but Im keeping in mind that it wont be too much longer now. Im very greatful for the chilly weather now that Im back in Canada. Ive already had my Tim Hortons lol but didnt get in o time to get dinner for Thanksgiving! So, I'll make a big lasagna or something haha.
The kids are overtired and hyper. My house is so nit the way I left it (my teens stayed here with my brother) so tomorrow will also be a day of cleaning, laundry and finding things they have moved around! Ugh. Back to reality, right? Well, gnite everyone! Ttyl. Happy thanksgiving!

Shaneece

Oct 8, 2015
shortyp2000 said:
Oh yes thats right, you sent that in your time line sorry.
So does that mean you got thru? They are allowing him to come now?
I'm still waiting .... They only started continuing the process of the application the end of August.

HisWifey30

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 31, 2016
Doc's Request.
up front
AOR Received.
November 17, 2016
File Transfer...
December 7, 2016
Med's Request
Up front
Interview........
March 14 2017
Passport Req..
March 14 2017
LANDED..........
March 15, 2017
lijasha said:
Oh gawd, girl....I know this is soooooo tough. Separation anxiety is a killer and it's even tougher when we live in a place that isn't so simple to just walk on the road and hang out with anyone you see. Lonliness is crazy and I don't know about you but I really depend on him for companionship and even though I know how life is there, I still go nuts waiting for a call or text back....always wondering what he's doing and hoping that he doesn't give into any temptation that just happens to be walking by half naked in the heat.

This is gonna end for us all....hopefully very soon. We just have to take a step back and let time roll - we have to keep busy and like I keep telling my hubby - we have to go thru a little hard time now, but it's not going to be like this forever, we just have to hold on no matter what. It's gonna end.

<3

Thanks girl i appreciate you saying that. it brings comfort knowing im not the only one going through it. i definitely depend on him for companionship. i still hang out with my friends but on those nights where im just home alone... i'm a little needy.... it's going to be a longgggggggggg winter. but as you said it wont be forever.

Hopefully this week brings some good news to everyone.

enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
HubbYsWiFeY said:
Adt83...we are sorry to know of this happening to your bf... :'(
Hopefully on his next hearing day you will be updated and clearer on wat is happening and has happened then you will be able to know the next move. Lots of very knowledgeable and experienced persons are on this forum and will be able to help out as best they can. We are rooting for u guys..and as shorty said...try not to stress too much as u will need to be able to make it thru for both of you. Hang in there....
Thank you! It means so much to have the support. I have felt an immense shift in my attitude already. Whereas at first I felt overwhelmed and defeated, now I feel stronger and determined. I am soooo looking forward to seeing his face tomorrow at the hearing.

In talking to his cousin, I have learned a few fresh details. One of the most hopeful is that his Grandmother (who has Canadian citizenship and lives in Toronto) said my mans uncle (who is a lawyer) is already working on paperwork to get things in motion for next year. Because they are all 3rd hand facts, I can't say for certain it's the case, but hope it means that he has the minimal removal order...

Anyway... Thank you all!!! I am so grateful to have found such an amazing space with such knowledgable and empathetic people who are willing to help us through this crazy situation and can relate.