Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
susanrichards said:
MixedChick92 said:
Hello and welcome to the forum, so sorry to hear you're having such a difficult time with your husbands ex not cooperating. I don't understand some people ... don't they realize they are punishing their children and not their ex? If something were to happen to her, her child would never be able to go to Canada and live with the father. The child would then not have either parents to live with.

Maybe try to search the site, I found this
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/dependents-of-spouse-sponsored-cant-get-the-exams-done-t272476.0.html

Best of Luck Hon

Thanks so much. The link was very helpful
You're welcome, ;)

nursewife

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
susanrichards said:
I will keep looking for a resolution and hopefully the sworn statement and copies of texts where she's denying access will be enough. Thanks for the support. I will be on here often as my application is going to be sent off to mississauga next week

I am not sure if this is the correct answer but I can share with you my experience. I also initially had a hard time exactly this time last year with getting the mother of my step son to sign documents and agree to medicals. We had an issue with applying for the passport for my stepson which is required for medicals because there had been an error in spelling of the last name on the birth certificate and in order to apply for the correction both parents had to sign and have it notarized by the JP. Any ways after so much back and forth between my husband and her I could see the toll the whole thing began to have on hubby he was even considering continuing on with the application without him, but I felt he would regret it in the future and wouldnt allow it. So I called CIC and explained the situation and the response she gave me was that she had seen this happen more times than she can count many parents do it out of spite think they are hurting the ex when in the long run they are hurting the child. She had advised us to plead with her and to ask what happened if god forbid she were to get sick or pass away what would she want to have happen to her child? As someone else mentioned the child is inadmissible even in such situations. She advised us to explain to her the opportunities she would be denying her child even if the child stayed in Jamaica until he was an adult but what about when old enough to make his own decisions and wanted to relocate for school or whatever and found out he couldn't because of something his mom refused to do years ago the child would be likely to resent her. If all had failed she has advised us to still put the child's name on the application and include an explanation about the situation and say that we were actively trying to resolve this manner and hope that we would be able to reach a solution, include all your supporting evidence. She said she has seen cases where tragedy did happen and the parent was allowed to sponsor the child on compassionate grounds because that info was included in the application. She said it's not a guarantee but it's a chance better than no chance if u do not include the child at all. Fortunately for us my husbands baby mother came to her senses and agreed to sign the documentation so we were able to get his medical and everything included. That was the advice that had been given to me by CIC I'm not sure what's correct but just thought I'd share what they told me. Maybe you can call and see what they tell you?....after all the delays and struggle Hubby's baby mother gave us she is now asking how quickly can we take him....sorry for sure h a long post just wanted to share my experience

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
nursewife said:
I am not sure if this is the correct answer but I can share with you my experience. I also initially had a hard time exactly this time last year with getting the mother of my step son to sign documents and agree to medicals. We had an issue with applying for the passport for my stepson which is required for medicals because there had been an error in spelling of the last name on the birth certificate and in order to apply for the correction both parents had to sign and have it notarized by the JP. Any ways after so much back and forth between my husband and her I could see the toll the whole thing began to have on hubby he was even considering continuing on with the application without him, but I felt he would regret it in the future and wouldnt allow it. So I called CIC and explained the situation and the response she gave me was that she had seen this happen more times than she can count many parents do it out of spite think they are hurting the ex when in the long run they are hurting the child. She had advised us to plead with her and to ask what happened if god forbid she were to get sick or pass away what would she want to have happen to her child? As someone else mentioned the child is inadmissible even in such situations. She advised us to explain to her the opportunities she would be denying her child even if the child stayed in Jamaica until he was an adult but what about when old enough to make his own decisions and wanted to relocate for school or whatever and found out he couldn't because of something his mom refused to do years ago the child would be likely to resent her. If all had failed she has advised us to still put the child's name on the application and include an explanation about the situation and say that we were actively trying to resolve this manner and hope that we would be able to reach a solution, include all your supporting evidence. She said she has seen cases where tragedy did happen and the parent was allowed to sponsor the child on compassionate grounds because that info was included in the application. She said it's not a guarantee but it's a chance better than no chance if u do not include the child at all. Fortunately for us my husbands baby mother came to her senses and agreed to sign the documentation so we were able to get his medical and everything included. That was the advice that had been given to me by CIC I'm not sure what's correct but just thought I'd share what they told me. Maybe you can call and see what they tell you?....after all the delays and struggle Hubby's baby mother gave us she is now asking how quickly can we take him....sorry for sure h a long post just wanted to share my experience
Great advise!

Bout how fast you can tek him ???? lawd people wicked yuh see!!! kmt .....smh stress you out fi ntn at all

Glad everything worked out

nursewife

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
MixedChick92 said:
Great advise!

Bout how fast you can tek him ???? lawd people wicked yuh see!!! kmt .....smh stress you out fi ntn at all

Glad everything worked out
Haha lol I was in shock when hubby tell mi, but I could do nothing but laugh ...back to school time was approaching that's why man.

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
susanrichards said:
There seems to be a lot of knowledgeable people on here regarding applications in Kingston. I have a few questions that I want to confirm BEFORE submitting my application next week...

1) My husband has a child that will not be accompanying him and the mother is flat out refusing to let the child do a medical which I have read is required. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, can you give me an idea of what to do? I was hearing something about a sworn statement but I'm not sure specifically what to put in it

2) At the top of my application, question 1 asks "If you are found ineligible to sponsor, indicate whether you want to:

- withdraw
or
-proceed

What is normally suggested to put?

I would appreciate any guidance that you guys can provide.
As shortyp2000 said i put proceed for the child no experience

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
shortyp2000 said:
What do you mean by do they recognize it? Do you mean recognize that its been received or do you mean do they recognize it as an official document?
They will update in eCas to say they have received it, but they might not do it right away. It took about 2 months for them to actually update eCas to say they received it but they had let me know in an email that they had it (I had to email them and ask)
the question i should ask is how long they normal keep it on your file because it say it is valid for 1 year

susanrichards

Aug 21, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2015
nursewife said:

Thanks for this post. What I don't understand is how she got a visa to go to the US on a work visa without my husband signing anything for the child. If we need her approval for the medical and passport how did she not require anything from him....
All of you have given me such great advice and if anybody finds some more useful info I would gladly welcome it. I will definitely keep up with this thread. Great vibes!

susanrichards

Aug 21, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2015
Right, I understand. Its a good point on both sides. I don't see any reason for rejection on my part either. I just wasn't sure what the best option was. Thanks for your input

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
susanrichards said:
Right, I understand. Its a good point on both sides. I don't see any reason for rejection on my part either. I just wasn't sure what the best option was. Thanks for your input
ok everyone have a point, for me i put proceed i did both my wife she's sponsor and my paper, one of the thing i was worrying about is that she outstanding student loan, but she was approved. what they are really looking for is that the person or persons you are sponsoring won't go on welfare. if you are working have a place that is a plus my wife stay with her adopted mother she wrote a letter for her state i am going to stay with her for awhile.

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
chucky44 said:
the question i should ask is how long they normal keep it on your file because it say it is valid for 1 year
I would assume one year and then if your police is going to expire they will email or call you around that time to get it done again, If this is what you're asking? Sorry your questions isnt very clear.

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
MixedChick92 said:
I would assume one year and then if your police is going to expire they will email or call you around that time to get it done again, If this is what you're asking? Sorry your questions isnt very clear.
ok thanks that what i wanted to now.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
chucky44 said:
yes, thats right, police check they will ask for you to re-do them if your at the expiry point, medicals are good for a year too but they can extend those so you dont necessarily have to redo medical

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
chucky44 said:
MelJam mentioned to be proactiv and send in the PC before they request it, if you know it's going to expire shortly.

susanrichards

Aug 21, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2015
I had my husband do the medical and criminal upfront. As for the wishing to process or not I don't think there will be an issue. I work, I'm not bankrupt and I don't havea criminal record. I was reading mixes reviews but more ppl were saying to do those 2 things upfront so they wouldn't have to call me for it