Interview........
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2016
LANDED..........
12-11-2016
hi everyone, just found this forum so not sure if I'm posting my question in the right spot.

I'm a Canadian located in Ontario, currently engaged to my Jamaican fiancé , to be married in a month. We've been together for about 18 months and I have plenty of documentation for proof of relationship.I'm compiling everything for application submission and had a couple questions:

1. i notice a lot of you look like you had the medical done after you submitted your application, is this ok to do? I was under the impression I had to have everything on the checklists done before I could even submit the application.

2. Do I need a lawyer? I'm able to put everything together, neither of us have any criminal issues, is there something a lawyer can do to help this application? cost? recommendations in 416?

3. Fiance has a PO box, and can't find an actual number for his residence, ideas on what to put? Can we put his sisters address for mailing purposes or is that going to mess stuff up?

Any advice for this newbie will be much appreciated. I am guessing I can't put in application for spousal sponsorship til we are actually wed, I have to admit, these timelines are depressing…not to mention $$$

Thanks

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
MelJam said:
Then follow their instructions but what I know it is this :
General Contact Information

Street address:
3 West Kings House Road
Waterloo Road Entrance
Kingston, Jamaica

Mailing address:
Canadian High Commission
P.O. Box 1500
Kingston 10
Jamaica

So me I always sent new pc and stuff to the mailing address...but well maybe they made changes.
ok thanks

lijasha

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015 - PC
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Request
With application
Med's Done....
30-09-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2015 - DM!
canjamdiva said:
hi everyone, just found this forum so not sure if I'm posting my question in the right spot.

I'm a Canadian located in Ontario, currently engaged to my Jamaican fiancé , to be married in a month. We've been together for about 18 months and I have plenty of documentation for proof of relationship.I'm compiling everything for application submission and had a couple questions:

1. i notice a lot of you look like you had the medical done after you submitted your application, is this ok to do? I was under the impression I had to have everything on the checklists done before I could even submit the application.

2. Do I need a lawyer? I'm able to put everything together, neither of us have any criminal issues, is there something a lawyer can do to help this application? cost? recommendations in 416?

3. Fiance has a PO box, and can't find an actual number for his residence, ideas on what to put? Can we put his sisters address for mailing purposes or is that going to mess stuff up?

Any advice for this newbie will be much appreciated. I am guessing I can't put in application for spousal sponsorship til we are actually wed, I have to admit, these timelines are depressing...not to mention $$$

Thanks
Hey!
I'm also in the Toronto area.
I did everything myself and everything went with the app. Police check and medical.
The biggest mistake I made, I think was not to pay the landing fee along with the application fee.
What I'd been reading is do everything at the same time then sit tight.
I didn't use a lawyer but make copies of everything - start collecting digicel records if you do pre pay because they only do 3 mos at a time.
Whatsapp is the best for convos because it loggs date and time where BBM doesn't. (or didn't when I tried)
Get letters from everyone who knows you.
Proof of visits, receipts and everything you can think of. I don't think that too much info is too much. They want proof that your relationship is legit. Give them everything and don't hold back.
My husband lives in Trelawny with no physical address. Use the PO box as mailing address and district for physical address - many people have no street #. Don't use anyone else's address.
You've been together long enough. Start getting things together from now.
As for the application. Read and reread if you're going to do it yourself. Make sure everything is signed and dated in the right places and all fields filled out. Put N/A if it doesn't apply to you.
Everything's going to work out.
Good luck :)

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
lijasha said:
Hey!
I'm also in the Toronto area.
I did everything myself and everything went with the app. Police check and medical.
The biggest mistake I made, I think was not to pay the landing fee along with the application fee.
What I'd been reading is do everything at the same time then sit tight.
I didn't use a lawyer but make copies of everything - start collecting digicel records if you do pre pay because they only do 3 mos at a time.
Whatsapp is the best for convos because it loggs date and time where BBM doesn't. (or didn't when I tried)
Get letters from everyone who knows you.
Proof of visits, receipts and everything you can think of. I don't think that too much info is too much. They want proof that your relationship is legit. Give them everything and don't hold back.
My husband lives in Trelawny with no physical address. Use the PO box as mailing address and district for physical address - many people have no street #. Don't use anyone else's address.
You've been together long enough. Start getting things together from now.
As for the application. Read and reread if you're going to do it yourself. Make sure everything is signed and dated in the right places and all fields filled out. Put N/A if it doesn't apply to you.
Everything's going to work out.
Good luck :)
well said lijasha, my landing fee was paid

impatientgirl

Jun 11, 2014
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/11/2013
AOR Received.
17 sept 2014 from POS
File Transfer...
23/12/2013
Med's Request
29/10/2013
Med's Done....
Redo med request 19/05/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17/6/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued July 6 2015
LANDED..........
DHL pick up package July 28, 2015 landed July 31
chucky44 said:
congrats wish you guys all the best in your life together final you had a lot of faith.
thanks chucky44, I must say it has been a long wait and believe I wasn't easy to have faith, some times I gave up another time I pray and build up faith again but having my husband and this forum guys both older one and these new ones to help cheer me on was a huge help

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
canjamdiva said:

Any advice for this newbie will be much appreciated. I am guessing I can't put in application for spousal sponsorship til we are actually wed, I have to admit, these timelines are depressing...not to mention $$$

Thanks
Welcome!
My hubby did medicals after sponsorship approval, so you can do it after starting, because we wanted the file number first. I dont think it affected the wait time by much because they hadnt even looked our file yet.
No need for a lawyer if its pretty much straight forward. If you need help or u dont understand a form or something, ask here, we will help.
PO Box is ok for mailing address and use district info for physical address as lijasha says.
the wait times do feel like forever, but being in the forum has definitely helped with that. If you see take a look at the spreadsheet you can see the average wait times. I'll post the link for you (its under Meljams name)

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai2mGk1woSIZdEFDeGlyYlVCS0x0T3BndGhOeWo3ZXc#gi

HubbYsWiFeY

Star Member
Jun 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 31, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 13, 2015
Nomination.....
SA:April 14, 2015
AOR Received.
November 12, 2014
Med's Done....
May 26, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 1, 2015
LANDED..........
Before Christmas 2015...
canjamdiva said:

Thanks
Hello & Welcome CanJamDiva,
Great to have u join the forum,
I endorse what shortyp & lijasha have said...point to note that I too never did medicals upfront. I waited until they asked as I didnt want it to expired etc...So its ok to not submit upfront. On the flip side, course nothing is wrong with sending medicals upfront and have a fully completed package....some have said it saves time as they dont need to ask you to send in medicals and then wait. So there are adv & also drawbacks. I waited till after Sponsorship Approval and they requested. I guess one of the more senior members can throw in their 2cents here.....

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
impatientgirl said:
listen to me people I send about 10 emails this morning to those people and they ignore every one of them, I wanted my passport and I decide that they have to send it one way or another by me nagging them and I did nag the crap out of them.

guess what DHL picks up the package ladies am excited beyond normal

so listen Thursday morning early am on a bus to Kingston to go pick up and Friday am flying the f***** k out of here

yea ladies excitement thru the roof
WEH ME GANGSTA GIRL SAY...UP WID ME PP!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY

CON...GGRAATTTUU..LLLLLAAATIIOONNS

AT LONG LAST YOU ARE DONE.....
ONE LAP OVER, UNTO YOUR NEW JOURNEY..ANOTHER CHAPTER

HOPEFULLY WITH A LOT OF HOT, LOOONG, SWEATY SCENES, LAUGHTER AND SMILES....
TOGETHERNESS ME SAY IMPATIENTGIRL......I WISH YOU AND YOURS ALLL THE HAPPINESS IN THE WORLD...

BE GOOD AND IF YOU CANT BE GOOD BE CAREFUL....

AND ENJOY

ENJOY YOUR NEW HUSBAND YOUR NEW LIFE AND YOUR SON....
TAKE THINGS IN STRIDES AND IF NOTHING ELSE TAKE WITH YOU THE PATIENCE YOU HAVE ACQUIRED FROM THIS LONG JOURNEY
CAUSE MY DEAR IT IS ONLY THE BEGINNNING.

mmmmmuUuuaAAAHHH :-*

:p :p :p :p :p :pBIG UP YUH SELF ME FRENNNIIIIII :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

HubbYsWiFeY

Star Member
Jun 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 31, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 13, 2015
Nomination.....
SA:April 14, 2015
AOR Received.
November 12, 2014
Med's Done....
May 26, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 1, 2015
LANDED..........
Before Christmas 2015...
HubbYsWiFeY said:
Question....

Do u think it is better I wait out getting my new Jamaican passport? I have the forms all signed up and ready to drop off up by PP Office but i was thinking maybe not a good idea now while waiting to hear from Kgn VO. Thing is too, I didnt want the passport application with pics etc to pass 3 months which is considered expired and will need to get new passport application form sign up, ask back JP to sign etc...
So, I was wondering if it will affect my application with cic becuz I will have the old pp# assigned to eveything on PR Application.
My USA Visa and Canadian TRV is in my soon to be "old" passport and everything expires next year 2016 in August. I wanted the new Caricom pp and not have to be scrambling next year to get USA visa and new paaport then. So I was gonna get it done while I am here....Any recommendations on whether I should wait or take the chance and send in? ??? :-\

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
impatientgirl said:
listen to me people I send about 10 emails this morning to those people and they ignore every one of them, I wanted my passport and I decide that they have to send it one way or another by me nagging them and I did nag the crap out of them.

so listen Thursday morning early am on a bus to Kingston to go pick up and Friday am flying the f***** k out of here

Yay finally !! I'm very happy for you girl !! I can finally put that line dark purple !! Have a safe flight and don't forget to come back talking to us ! :D And you know if you need any advice in Canada never forget to contact me !! Now get ready to fly high !! Yayyy !

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Roxie-B said:
WEH ME GANGSTA GIRL SAY...UP WID ME PP!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY

CON...GGRAATTTUU..LLLLLAAATIIOONNS

AT LONG LAST YOU ARE DONE.....
ONE LAP OVER, UNTO YOUR NEW JOURNEY..ANOTHER CHAPTER

HOPEFULLY WITH A LOT OF HOT, LOOONG, SWEATY SCENES, LAUGHTER AND SMILES....
TOGETHERNESS ME SAY IMPATIENTGIRL......I WISH YOU AND YOURS ALLL THE HAPPINESS IN THE WORLD...

BE GOOD AND IF YOU CANT BE GOOD BE CAREFUL....

AND ENJOY

ENJOY YOUR NEW HUSBAND YOUR NEW LIFE AND YOUR SON....
TAKE THINGS IN STRIDES AND IF NOTHING ELSE TAKE WITH YOU THE PATIENCE YOU HAVE ACQUIRED FROM THIS LONG JOURNEY
CAUSE MY DEAR IT IS ONLY THE BEGINNNING.

mmmmmuUuuaAAAHHH :-*

:p :p :p :p :p :pBIG UP YUH SELF ME FRENNNIIIIII :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
You're Next for sure !!! :D

MrsMcLaughlin

Oct 24, 2014
impatientgirl said:

Yeahhh!! :D Finally!! Congrats girl, that's amazing news!!

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
@Jessie Mawnin' !!! So wha a gwan hun? Did u send passport in!? Keep us updated ! :)