Med's Done....
19-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon
Impatient Girl, what a wicked fort. I'm happy for you because I know it must have been hard being away from your husband. Its been hard for all the women on here and trust me we have appreciate our husbands for doing our sponsorship bc it takes real men to do what they are doing. Sometimes i get frustrated and you have people in your ears saying oh if you not seeing him he must be messing around over there but I just got to be strong and hope for the best. Did anyone have to do an ARC?

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Divinity said:
Impatient Girl, what a wicked fort. I'm happy for you because I know it must have been hard being away from your husband. Its been hard for all the women on here and trust me we have appreciate our husbands for doing our sponsorship bc it takes real men to do what they are doing. Sometimes i get frustrated and you have people in your ears saying oh if you not seeing him he must be messing around over there but I just got to be strong and hope for the best. Did anyone have to do an ARC?
Ive never done an ARC but i know what u mean when ppl say "do u think hes cheating?"
Why would i marry a man that I think would cheat? And any man can cheat, even when you think hes with you 24/7, not jut the ones that are far away. Some people are just bad mind people and dont want to see you happy.

Divinity

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2015
Doc's Request.
08-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-06-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon
I had this guy run me down that my husband must be cheating, but I lived with my husband in Canada before I came here and I never had any problems and still don't, he has never given me a reason to doubt him so I won't and mi no care what has to say. We have been married 2yrs and three months and if I tell you how long I haven't seen him lawd if I'm not careful when he comes back he get me pregnant again. My family probably think we are rabbits lol

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
Hey everyone. I always wished when we were in the application process, that more people would come back after their husbands got here and share what it was like settling in Canada...so I figured we would. We arrived in Canada January 2012. I had lived and worked in Jamaica for years before we filed to come to Canada...so I was lucky to not endure the separation. My husband got his papers in short time and him, myself and our oldest daughter thought it was smooth sailing. We got them in around six months...and came several months after that once we had our affairs in order on the island. However nothing prepares you for what comes next, especially when your so focused on the journey to get through the immigration process. I wish we'd known more of what to expect because its tough..and tough on a marriage too!!

The first two years were the hardest years of my entire life. Its not always easy for our guys to get into the workforce, not to mention they get tastes of racism and prejudice. This means financial struggle...but can also be incredibly hard on the men as its damaging to their pride. Imagine coming from a country where you struggle but always find a way...and you hustle..and suddenly your in a new country where your kind of hustle doesn't work the same way. Where you have to adapt to a different kind of work force, learn to budget, adapt to a new culture etc. And we the woman naturally are excited to show our country, but for these guys it can hurt the pride after the initial excitement wears off...to have to come to their woman to figure everything out. It makes them feel helpless. Our first two years the biggest struggle was how hard it was for my husband to find stable work. He is a class one driver...so he got trucking jobs here and there and now..a bit over three years later he has a good stable job and is making good money. That was so frustrating...I think he nearly lost his sanity in the struggle to get stable in the work force and his desire to provide for his wife and kids.

But it was a LONG journey...and lots of jobs think immigrant equals someone you can mistreat and screw over. The other hard part is they don't know their rights in Canada...so often in jobs etc...they get screwed at first. Another hard part...is the journey to find their identity in Canada. My husband doesn't like to party...its just not his thing. Once and a while he will go to a event and sit in the back with a glass of juice LOL and listen to music. And for many that is the cultural connection that helps them...so for my husband his homesickness was a huge thing for the first few years. He wanted us to go home to the island daily. We had our second daughter shortly after we got to Canada...Thank you God we were here because she came quite early and health care is the reason she is here today. So added stress...and as a man of course you want to provide. So all the stress...made it hard for my husband to find his place and make a life here. Eventually he did meet people who were not into the party scene...and more low key...so now we do alot more of family BBQ's and fires in the backyard etc..and he has those friends. Its a SLOW adaptation process...and these men often lash out along the way..partly because it is so frustrating and scary to be out of their element. If I could go back in time...I would have been more careful to not be bossy and motherish when my husband first got here. I would have tried harder to make him feel like he could do anything on his own and step back and let him do it without taking control because I know this country better. I would have also prepared myself better for the financial and emotional struggles that come with them adapting. Because once they are here and meet everyone and the excitement wears off...tough times come. And they can tear couples apart!! I've met numerous couples who broke up within five years of arrival...because behind the scenes it was so tough in the first years and it ripped them apart. I would have prepared my husband better for the struggles as well because he came here full of excitement thinking like was going to be incredible. Instead he found struggles getting into the work force, struggles feeling like he couldn't provide for his family the way he did on the island, feelings of frustration and shame having to ask me how to do everything which can lead to resentment, experiencing racism for the first time, experiencing being treated like an immigrant, struggles adapting to new ways of life etc. We have been married for over six years so luckily because we had lived together for years before...we were old news at sharing a home..and that helped. We love each other and are stronger than ever...but it took alot to get through the first years...which were a nightmare...compared to all we pictured in our head.

You picture having them here...taking them to family and friend events, going out with them to movies or parties or a road trip or vacation. You picture sharing your first home, all the new possibilities. You don't think of the dark side...you just want to be together. So I thought I would come share some of the struggles...not to be negative but because I wish someone had warned me so I could be prepared. I wasn't, so it took me a while to not lash out at my husband as well. Now years later..we are raising our two beautiful daughters...we both have excellent jobs and are going to be buying our first house soon and are more in love and happy than ever. But the road to get here from arriving in Canada till now was the darkest road I ever traveled.

My best advice is to prepare your self and your men for the struggles so they have no illusions about what they are coming too. Otherwise its going to be the rudest awakening for them...and they generally don't handle those too well!! And make them feel like no matter how rough the transition is..like they can do anything and stand back and let them learn without taking over. If you give them the tools to feel like they can succeed and the encouragement even in the darkest struggles where you feel overwhelmed and fed up...they will believe they can do anything...and they will!! My husband went to school for a bit...and is now working an excellent job as well has a business on the side. But the first two years...I felt like he would never hold a stable job!! Simple things were mental in the beginning... like he would show up right on time or a minute or two late for work and not get how that looks bad...now he's always half an hour early and understands the system of how to be successful in the Canadian work force. But it takes time!! I wish you all so much luck and blessing in your journeys!! xx Below is my husband and I and me and our beautiful daughters!!!

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Divinity said:
I had this guy run me down that my husband must be cheating, but I lived with my husband in Canada before I came here and I never had any problems and still don't, he has never given me a reason to doubt him so I won't and mi no care what has to say. We have been married 2yrs and three months and if I tell you how long I haven't seen him lawd if I'm not careful when he comes back he get me pregnant again. My family probably think we are rabbits lol
Hahahha exactly i know what u mean. The minute i get to the house there we are locked up and everyone in the house knows why haha

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
SmoothiesQueen said:
Hey everyone. I always wished when we were in the application process, that more people would come back after their husbands got here and share what it was like settling in Canada...so I figured we would. We arrived in Canada January 2012. I had lived and worked in Jamaica for years before we filed to come to Canada...so I was lucky to not endure the separation. My husband got his papers in short time and him, myself and our oldest daughter thought it was smooth sailing. We got them in around six months...and came several months after that once we had our affairs in order on the island. However nothing prepares you for what comes next, especially when your so focused on the journey to get through the immigration process. I wish we'd known more of what to expect because its tough..and tough on a marriage too!!

The first two years were the hardest years of my entire life. Its not always easy for our guys to get into the workforce, not to mention they get tastes of racism and prejudice. This means financial struggle...but can also be incredibly hard on the men as its damaging to their pride. Imagine coming from a country where you struggle but always find a way...and you hustle..and suddenly your in a new country where your kind of hustle doesn't work the same way. Where you have to adapt to a different kind of work force, learn to budget, adapt to a new culture etc. And we the woman naturally are excited to show our country, but for these guys it can hurt the pride after the initial excitement wears off...to have to come to their woman to figure everything out. It makes them feel helpless. Our first two years the biggest struggle was how hard it was for my husband to find stable work. He is a class one driver...so he got trucking jobs here and there and now..a bit over three years later he has a good stable job and is making good money. That was so frustrating...I think he nearly lost his sanity in the struggle to get stable in the work force and his desire to provide for his wife and kids.

But it was a LONG journey...and lots of jobs think immigrant equals someone you can mistreat and screw over. The other hard part is they don't know their rights in Canada...so often in jobs etc...they get screwed at first. Another hard part...is the journey to find their identity in Canada. My husband doesn't like to party...its just not his thing. Once and a while he will go to a event and sit in the back with a glass of juice LOL and listen to music. And for many that is the cultural connection that helps them...so for my husband his homesickness was a huge thing for the first few years. He wanted us to go home to the island daily. We had our second daughter shortly after we got to Canada...Thank you God we were here because she came quite early and health care is the reason she is here today. So added stress...and as a man of course you want to provide. So all the stress...made it hard for my husband to find his place and make a life here. Eventually he did meet people who were not into the party scene...and more low key...so now we do alot more of family BBQ's and fires in the backyard etc..and he has those friends. Its a SLOW adaptation process...and these men often lash out along the way..partly because it is so frustrating and scary to be out of their element. If I could go back in time...I would have been more careful to not be bossy and motherish when my husband first got here. I would have tried harder to make him feel like he could do anything on his own and step back and let him do it without taking control because I know this country better. I would have also prepared myself better for the financial and emotional struggles that come with them adapting. Because once they are here and meet everyone and the excitement wears off...tough times come. And they can tear couples apart!! I've met numerous couples who broke up within five years of arrival...because behind the scenes it was so tough in the first years and it ripped them apart. I would have prepared my husband better for the struggles as well because he came here full of excitement thinking like was going to be incredible. Instead he found struggles getting into the work force, struggles feeling like he couldn't provide for his family the way he did on the island, feelings of frustration and shame having to ask me how to do everything which can lead to resentment, experiencing racism for the first time, experiencing being treated like an immigrant, struggles adapting to new ways of life etc. We have been married for over six years so luckily because we had lived together for years before...we were old news at sharing a home..and that helped. We love each other and are stronger than ever...but it took alot to get through the first years...which were a nightmare...compared to all we pictured in our head.

You picture having them here...taking them to family and friend events, going out with them to movies or parties or a road trip or vacation. You picture sharing your first home, all the new possibilities. You don't think of the dark side...you just want to be together. So I thought I would come share some of the struggles...not to be negative but because I wish someone had warned me so I could be prepared. I wasn't, so it took me a while to not lash out at my husband as well. Now years later..we are raising our two beautiful daughters...we both have excellent jobs and are going to be buying our first house soon and are more in love and happy than ever. But the road to get here from arriving in Canada till now was the darkest road I ever traveled.

My best advice is to prepare your self and your men for the struggles so they have no illusions about what they are coming too. Otherwise its going to be the rudest awakening for them...and they generally don't handle those too well!! And make them feel like no matter how rough the transition is..like they can do anything and stand back and let them learn without taking over. If you give them the tools to feel like they can succeed and the encouragement even in the darkest struggles where you feel overwhelmed and fed up...they will believe they can do anything...and they will!! My husband went to school for a bit...and is now working an excellent job as well has a business on the side. But the first two years...I felt like he would never hold a stable job!! Simple things were mental in the beginning... like he would show up right on time or a minute or two late for work and not get how that looks bad...now he's always half an hour early and understands the system of how to be successful in the Canadian work force. But it takes time!! I wish you all so much luck and blessing in your journeys!! xx Below is my husband and I and me and our beautiful daughters!!!
Thank you for sharing that! And how did u add pics id love to post mine

lijasha

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015 - PC
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Request
With application
Med's Done....
30-09-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2015 - DM!
That is excellent information, SmoothiesQueen.
Although I've been telling my husband it's not as easy as it seems, I intend on reading this to him when he wakes up. Sometimes they have to hear about someone else's situation to truly understand.
I'm happy to hear everything worked out in the end and most of the time the struggles make you stronger if you can just endure the pain.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
daintygirl said:
Sandy Bay in Clarendon, near Old Harbour in St. Catherine. I am looking for someone to live in with them
Do you still need someone? Im going to pm you

daintygirl

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2011
Nomination.....
01-09-2011
File Transfer...
01-02-2012
Med's Request
25-04-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
waiting
shortyp2000 said:
Do you still need someone? Im going to pm you
yes I am please send the person my email so we could talk further. Thanks and I will let you know the outcome as I am currently doing some inverviews for the right person

Cece0225

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
KNG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
08-04-2015, SA: 15-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-04-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
18-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2016 DM: 02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
Okay so I have two bets, one based on date applied and the next based on how I think Kingston processes PR applications

So my 1st bet is based on date:
Impatient Girl- Nov 2013
Roxie-2013
Mrs. BAngel-Nov 12, 2014
Hubbys Wifey-Nov 12, 2014
Stortyp2000- Dec 17, 2014
Torontoblues-jan 17, 2015
Iijasha-jan 21, 2015
MrsMcLaughlin- Feb 17, 2015
MixedChick92- March 20, 2015

My 2nd bet is based on spouse's (applicants) last name first letter:
Mrs. BAngel-->B
Impatient-->M
Shortyp2000--> M
Roxie-->N (waiting on background check/clearance as she has lived already in Canada)
HubbysWifey-->L (she is after Roxie because she is waiting for RCMP)
Iijasha--> S
Torontoblues-->G
Mixedchick-->G (is last because she has to wait until the alphabet starts over)

*this is only a guess*
**I think Kingston has 3 different queues: inventory, waiting/holding (waiting for documents to process), and finalization (thus alphabetical order is relevant for filing....idunno just a guess and based on how the stats are on the spreadsheet, it looks like they do alphabets and the year applied...so those in 2014 get processed in alphabetical order, unless something is missing then their file goes on hold, then 2015... and so on and so on...also circumstances and background checks play a large role in processing time... again just a guess based on spreadsheet.

***as well I don't know everyone's circumstance but anyhow here is my guess!!! 8) 8) 8)

Goodluck to all!!! showering of IP and DM to all!!! *censored word* I cant wait until this process over....
Its my 1 yr anniversary since marriage on July 13th and I will not be spending it with hubby :( :'( well maybe by this year we will spend other holidays together!!! ;) :D ;D <3 my love''<3

Cece0225

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
KNG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
08-04-2015, SA: 15-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-04-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
18-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2016 DM: 02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
OMG lol I just realized that the majority of us applied on either the 12th or the 17th of a month hahaha!! what a coincident :p

HubbYsWiFeY

Star Member
Jun 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 31, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 13, 2015
Nomination.....
SA:April 14, 2015
AOR Received.
November 12, 2014
Med's Done....
May 26, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 1, 2015
LANDED..........
Before Christmas 2015...
@Smoothiesqueen,
Great info. I have taken note and have shared with my hubby. Tho it is I who will have to learn to adjust to Canada, and great we have lived together before, but finally coming over as an immigrant is what I will have to face when the time comes. Whomever it is that is coming to Canada new hubby or wife....some amount of adjustment will be necessary and indeed it will not be a bed of roses. I am happy u guys are and have weathered the initial storm. Thanks for coming and sharing ur story after u have landed.

HubbYsWiFeY

Star Member
Jun 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 31, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 13, 2015
Nomination.....
SA:April 14, 2015
AOR Received.
November 12, 2014
Med's Done....
May 26, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 1, 2015
LANDED..........
Before Christmas 2015...
@Cece....
Boy, I like how ur bet them set up...Look like a proper proper mathematical and scientific formula....It's on in earnest now...Lol
One up..... :p

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Cece0225 said:
OMG lol I just realized that the majority of us applied on either the 12th or the 17th of a month hahaha!! what a coincident :p
Lol my girl, you really invested some time into this eh! Good on you! Sounds logical, great job! Really hoping to hear something soon!

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
LOL CeCe,

Im actually a June 2014 applicant :D

And I think Impatient girl(although it was a very very long journey), is closer to a close than most of us, ....this week she a get back her pp man 8) ;D

I'm really hoping Kingston start back the ball-a-rolling tomorrow man..... they need to move off their arses man :mad: