Waived
Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
MelJam said:
The day you received the first PPR in November you were approved. They wont request passport if you declined. So it is normal they says you approved...but it is not from today it is from November.
That's so true! It was likely sitting there just waiting for the passport to finalize it all. Sigh! I'm glad they requested again :)

suzanne2014

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2015 lost sent second one they recieved it May 13
AOR Received.
13-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
I got a question me and my husband have been together 8 years and lived together 6 years... but he is 27 years older then me will that matter?? I'm just worried...

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
January 3rd, 2014 - CPC-M & February 4th 2014 from KGN...POS AOR
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
On average how long has it been to receive the passport back from POS to Jamaica?

Hmmmm just trying to plan things through but not have totally unrealistic expectations.

What has been the experiences thus far?

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
suzanne2014 said:
I got a question me and my husband have been together 8 years and lived together 6 years... but he is 27 years older then me will that matter?? I'm just worried...
That is a large age gap, however, you have been married a long time and lived together for most of it. As long as you have documentation showing its legit, i dont see why they would have an issue

Cece0225

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
KNG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
08-04-2015, SA: 15-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-04-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
18-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2016 DM: 02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
MelJam said:
Well it depends, DM is Decision Made. On sponsorship, the sponsor will receive an email or a letter about this decision what ever if it is negative or positive. But Decision Made on Permanent Residence is usually when the shiny visa is ready to be ship. Usually ur husband has been called or emailed before this to send his passport in. On the spreadsheet, the only DM u see is on Permanent Residence. If u see Decision Made and your hubby did not receive an email or a call to send passport in , usually a denial letter will follow. But never trust that Ecas status. My hubby has Decision Made before PPR and 1 week later he been called to send passport in. Its always depending on ur visa officer. Some of them update Ecas and some dont care.
This is what was confusing me:

IN
PROCESS

(A decision has not been made yet.)

Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt. We will send you an acknowledgement letter.

Documentation Verified by CIC
We are reviewing your application to make sure it is complete and that no documents are missing. We will return incomplete applications for resubmission.

An Interview May be Required
We will review the application and decide if an interview is necessary. If so, we will inform you in writing of the date, time and location of the interview.

WITHDRAWN

(An application can only be withdrawn when it is IN PROCESS.)

Application Withdrawn
You may only withdraw your application before the Visa has been issued. There are no refunds after processing has started.

DECISION
MADE

(A decision has been made at this point.)

Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you of the decision in writing.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.

COMPLETE

(This is the last step in the processing of your application.)

Applicant Arrives in Canada and is Granted
Permanent Residence
You will need to meet with an Immigration Officer who will verify your documents and grant you permanent residence if all is in order.

Its soo confusing...

suzanne2014

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2015 lost sent second one they recieved it May 13
AOR Received.
13-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
Thanks shortyp I'm just trying too help myself through this process it's so heart breaking too me I just want my husband home with me and the kids I'm having a tough time lately ...

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
suzanne2014 said:
Thanks shortyp I'm just trying too help myself through this process it's so heart breaking too me I just want my husband home with me and the kids I'm having a tough time lately ...
I totally understand. I have been having a rough few weeks thinking about all of this craziness..... so now that the nice weather is here, im going to try to stay busy with the kids until we go down to see my hubby.... nothing else we can do at this point.

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
Finally medical and police record done, time now to print my application and send it to my wife, my question is how should i arrange the immigration papers, evidence and supporting documents?

JamaicanSnowflake

Aug 20, 2013
Quebec
IMM 0008
page 2 last question
National Identity Document
If he doesn't have the ID card is that really bad?
we have the birth certificate and passport
but I said NO, is that ok?

I can't wait till it's send and first step approved

One more thing I just went to send a big shout out to all the once that have filed and got through but still take time to help us, bless your hearts.

MrsMcLaughlin

Oct 24, 2014
chucky44 said:
Finally medical and police record done, time now to print my application and send it to my wife, my question is how should i arrange the immigration papers, evidence and supporting documents?
Congrats, you're almost ready to send it off now! :)

We arranged ours in three sections, with the document checklist on the very top and we made sure all the forms/copies of ID/etc. were in the same order as they appeared on the checklist. The first section was all of my sponsor forms and ID(copy of birth certificate, passport, etc), the second section was all of my sponsored husband's forms, ID, police check and medical receipt, and then the third section was all of our supporting documentation and evidence (photos, travel receipts, phone bills, wedding receipts, skype/facebook/text screenshots, bank account info, etc)

Have you filled out all of the forms for both yourself and your wife? Or just the forms for the permanent residence portion? If you have only completed the forms for your portion of the application then make sure she sends you the completed copy of the Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking form [IMM 1344] for you to sign as well, as that is one of the sponsor's forms but it must be signed by both the sponsor and the sponsored spouse!

Good luck!

Vancouverain

Apr 1, 2015
General question:

I am having a big problem with DHL.

My application status is now DM Decission Made this was from last week Friday.

Has anyone on here ever received a waybill from POS before they send off your documents.

I received an email today with a waybill number and my details on it, saying sent from ISU Immigration Canada to My address. When I called DHL they could not tell me who created the waybill, they said maybe someone has stolen my information and created it and if I gave anyone my information. Then later on they called and said Trinidad immigration created it I should email them to pick up my package this is after telling me that DHL attempts 2 pickup per day until they get the package. So emailed the embassy again hoping to see some movements on the waybill number this is so confusing by DHL. Their staff members are so backwards and do not know the procedure of the company and what is from where. This is annoying to me, and I spoke to the manager and its like a dead end so just waiting.

Can someone shed some light on this matter please. Thank you

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

OMG!!!!!!!!! HUBBY GOT BACK THE PASSPORT WITH THE VISA + COPR!!!

Fedex delievered the package directly to his house...called him and said that he's got a package for him and he stopped literally right in front of his house to deliver the package (not sure if that happens in town but it definitely doesn't happen in Clarendon!)

GAHHHHHH we're in the planning stages planning a date for him to come home to me because i'm currently out of country on a work trip....GAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
MrsMcLaughlin said:
Congrats, you're almost ready to send it off now! :)

We arranged ours in three sections, with the document checklist on the very top and we made sure all the forms/copies of ID/etc. were in the same order as they appeared on the checklist. The first section was all of my sponsor forms and ID(copy of birth certificate, passport, etc), the second section was all of my sponsored husband's forms, ID, police check and medical receipt, and then the third section was all of our supporting documentation and evidence (photos, travel receipts, phone bills, wedding receipts, skype/facebook/text screenshots, bank account info, etc)

Have you filled out all of the forms for both yourself and your wife? Or just the forms for the permanent residence portion? If you have only completed the forms for your portion of the application then make sure she sends you the completed copy of the Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking form [IMM 1344] for you to sign as well, as that is one of the sponsor's forms but it must be signed by both the sponsor and the sponsored spouse!

Good luck!
i did hers as well so i will sign that part, so everything in one envelop?
what about addition answers for various question where i put those?
she was adopted she send adoption certificate as well?

MrsMcLaughlin

Oct 24, 2014
CanadianWifey89 said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

OMG!!!!!!!!! HUBBY GOT BACK THE PASSPORT WITH THE VISA + COPR!!!

Fedex delievered the package directly to his house...called him and said that he's got a package for him and he stopped literally right in front of his house to deliver the package (not sure if that happens in town but it definitely doesn't happen in Clarendon!)

GAHHHHHH we're in the planning stages planning a date for him to come home to me because i'm currently out of country on a work trip....GAHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Congrats!! Your wait is finally over!! :D

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
MrsMcLaughlin said:
Congrats!! Your wait is finally over!! :D
Yess!! Finally!!! Our 2nd anniversary is at the end of June so this will be great celebrating it here!