+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

ballasgirl

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
hello everyone!!! glad to see people's things are moving and making progress..
just a quick question, when my husband lands here, he has his SIN# already as soon as he landed..
buuuuut, I guess there is something about his PR card that has to be done? Clarification of address or
something? I went on website, and seen an application for permanant residence.. but does he already
have that and they will issue to my address; or do i have to do something in specific now that he's here..
thanks for all the support, nuff love.

Jan 28, 2015
MelJam said:
Some applications from Sept. 2013 to Dec 2013 has been fowarded to Port of Spain to help Kingston office. Applications sent from Jan 2014 until current date are processing in Kingston.
Thanks mel...I sent in my application July 2014 and I received a letter today to send in my passport to Trinidad but I am in Kingston and the letter also states a date I MUsT be Canada by....does this sound familiar to you or anyone here?

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Winterwonderland said:
Thanks mel...I sent in my application July 2014 and I received a letter today to send in my passport to Trinidad but I am in Kingston and the letter also states a date I MUsT be Canada by....does this sound familiar to you or anyone here?
Congratulations Winterwonderland :D! You have been approved for your PR and now you are in the final stage of processing. You can send your passport (with whatever else they requested in the letter) to the POS visa office (VO) and they will issue your visa and the Confirmation of Permanent Resident (COPR) document. These will both be inside your passport when it gets returned to you.

It has seemed that a few of the Kingston folks that were processed by the POS office are waiting a bit longer for the passport to be returned but in general POS was taking anywhere from 2-8 weeks to return passports last year even to applicants normally processed through this office. Please use a reliable courier service (the other members may recommend one with a good reputation) that has effective tracking.

The date you must be in Canada, is the last date you must "land" (arrive to live) in Canada by. Immigration is very serious, you cannot miss this date or you may be refused entry and your PR cancelled. The good news is you can start packing and looking at flights and prepare to start the Canadian chapter of your life :D Blessings.

Jan 28, 2015
Winterwonderland said:
Thanks mel...I sent in my application July 2014 and I received a letter today to send in my passport to Trinidad but I am in Kingston and the letter also states a date I MUsT be in Canada by....does this sound familiar to you or anyone here?
Thank you Canada trini...I was just concerned about sending my passport to POS when I live so closely the Kingston embassy... Thanks again for your help!

Jan 28, 2015
Winterwonderland said:
Thank you Canada trini...I was just concerned about sending my passport to POS when I live so closely the Kingston embassy... Thanks again for your help!
Does anyone here who was living in Kingston and has sent their passport to POS can you plz advice or recommend which courier service is best in terms of tracking and turn around time etc....your help will be greatly appreciated!

stacyr320

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
File Transfer...
08-01-2014
Med's Done....
08-01-2014
Interview........
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2015
LANDED..........
31-01-2015
Winterwonderland said:
Does anyone here who was living in Kingston and has sent their passport to POS can you plz advice or recommend which courier service is best in terms of tracking and turn around time etc....your help will be greatly appreciated!
My hubby's passport is in Jamaica already took 2 days and he's picking his up at 10.. Can't wait... Ours was in POS we had to open a FedEx account with a credit card.. And sent it that way which was recommended by another member.. An so glad we did

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Winterwonderland said:
Oh so sounds like they have fowarded other files to PoS....can you give me your timeline so I can add you to the spreadsheet. Tell me when your sponsor has been approved as a sponsor (wife or husband) and which province u will live. Is it only you moving to Canada or kids also. Did they request other things than passport? Ecas status?

If you look in my signature u will find the link for the spreadsheet so you can look at it and see the delay of processing of people of our thread.

You need to book a flight and reach Canada before the date stated in the letter. Make sure its before cause if you land after....you not going to be able to enter in Canada, they will send you back to JA and you will have to redo all the process....and u really don't want to do this. ;)

Welcome and congrats ! You soon in Canada ! :)

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Winterwonderland said:
Welcome to the JAMFAM Winterwonderland and congratulations on PPR! Our file was in KGN but was sent to POS to assist the KGN office with their work overload. We sent the passport and other requested documents by FedEx. We opened up an account with a credit card number (if you do not have one maybe your spouse can do this for you) so that they could include a return waybill and give us a tracking number. We did not hear from POS until one day BAM (5 weeks) the return tracking number went live. Good luck!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
stacyr320 said:
My hubby's passport is in Jamaica already took 2 days and he's picking his up at 10.. Can't wait... Ours was in POS we had to open a FedEx account with a credit card.. And sent it that way which was recommended by another member.. An so glad we did
Woo hoo amazing Stacy!! So landing story coming up soon....

Mrs. Wright

Dec 3, 2014
GM JAMFAM!!! So for the past few days I've just been lurking around on the forum...I really felt down, as POS had hubby's PP since Dec 2. and I really felt like I was getting the run around with the emails...In one email they would say "within 10 business days" and after 10 days had pass, they would say "in the next few days"...and THEN they would say "they cant give me a time frame"....Being pregnant, I became so frustrated with this process. I even tried to get my MP to find out what was going on, and no luck with that.

Well...yesterday afternoon (Jan. 28) I received an email that hubby's PP will be sent out. However after 1 hour the tracking number still didn't go live!!! ???...So I just assumed that we missed the last shipment for that day.

And I think I was right becuz this morning I checked around 9 and my tracking number went LIIVVEEE!!!! :D :D :D...Looking for flights now!! Colour me dark purple Mel!! whoohooo!! ;D ;D...Congrats to everyone who have received good news this week!!

steen

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
April 23 2014
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
April 24 2014 for children
Med's Done....
June 2013. Now extended until April 30th 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 22 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31/2015!!!!
DECISION MADE!!!!!

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Mrs. Wright said:
GM JAMFAM!!! So for the past few days I've just been lurking around on the forum...I really felt down, as POS had hubby's PP since Dec 2. and I really felt like I was getting the run around with the emails...In one email they would say "within 10 business days" and after 10 days had pass, they would say "in the next few days"...and THEN they would say "they cant give me a time frame"....Being pregnant, I became so frustrated with this process. I even tried to get my MP to find out what was going on, and no luck with that.

Well...yesterday afternoon (Jan. 28) I received an email that hubby's PP will be sent out. However after 1 hour the tracking number still didn't go live!!! ???...So I just assumed that we missed the last shipment for that day.

And I think I was right becuz this morning I checked around 9 and my tracking number went LIIVVEEE!!!! :D :D :D...Looking for flights now!! Colour me dark purple Mel!! whoohooo!! ;D ;D...Congrats to everyone who have received good news this week!!
YAY Happy for you girl ! Finally !! I will do it now ! I like coloring PURPLE ! :p

Mrs. Wright

Dec 3, 2014
MelJam said:
YAY Happy for you girl ! Finally !! I will do it now ! I like coloring PURPLE ! :p
Yes Finally!!! LOL...I assume PP will arrive by tomorrow afternoon or Monday morning...Thanks :p....and congrats to STEEN!!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Mrs. Wright said:

ABOUT TIME MRSW and I am so happy for you!!