waived
Passport Req..
03DEC14
VISA ISSUED...
05DEC14 (passport returned 19DEC14)
LANDED..........
20DEC14
lexi said:
We had the interview and were told immediately that we were approved. We pick up the passports tomorrow. So he's coming home with me next Friday. I'm so happy and excited.

It's over. It's finally done.

Have patience, stay strong, live each other and the time will come.

Thank you everyone so much for all the support and love through this crazy proceas.
Congrats Lexi!!
That is amazing news!!

Kingston is on fire. Love it love it love it!!!

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
lexi said:
We had the interview and were told immediately that we were approved. We pick up the passports tomorrow. So he's coming home with me next Friday. I'm so happy and excited.

Thank you everyone so much for all the support and love through this crazy proceas.
Yay!!! That's awesome. Coming home in time for the holidays. I'm so happy everything went well for you

Charlyn42

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-14
Doc's Request.
06-12-14
AOR Received.
05-04-14
File Transfer...
05-04-14
Med's Done....
Dec. 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-01-15
CocoVanilla said:
Congrats Lexi!!
That is amazing news!!

Kingston is on fire. Love it love it love it!!!
Congrats Lexi andITEN so happy for you guys, kingston n pos is working very hard, soon we will all get that shiny visa and be in the arms of our spouses. I for one cant wait:-D

Nov 20, 2014
I am a Canadian citizen and sponsoring my Jamaican husband too sTay with me in canada but he is on am exclusion order.. We have his in canada sponsor papers in to immigration for a couple of months now.. He over stayed his visit.. He applied for a praa so he can stay and now we have an interview for immigrations decision on his praa.. What should we be prepared for at the interview? Anyone go too this before? And what happens next when he's denied his praa? Especially since we have his in canada sponsorship papers are in... D

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
lexi said:

That's AMAZING news!!!! Congrats!!! :p ;D ;D

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
reinforever2014 said:
I am a Canadian citizen and sponsoring my Jamaican husband too sTay with me in canada but he is on am exclusion order.. We have his in canada sponsor papers in to immigration for a couple of months now.. He over stayed his visit.. He applied for a praa so he can stay and now we have an interview for immigrations decision on his praa.. What should we be prepared for at the interview? Anyone go too this before? And what happens next when he's denied his praa? Especially since we have his in canada sponsorship papers are in... D
I'm sure someone on here will be able to answer your questions, unfortunately, it's not me... hold tight until the forum wakes up :)

lexi

Sep 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
05-15-2013, Voluntary redo 10-02-2014
Interview........
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
19-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
28-11-2014 coming home with me!
reinforever2014 said:
Unfortunately to say, PRRAs are very rarely accepted. Unless you have a very strong case as to why he sister return at the end of his visa, it is highly likely that he will have to go back to Jamaica on an exclusion order. This is a 1 year ban from returning to Canada. Make sure that you do his Out of Country application immediately, if this is the case.

If you have already submitted his papers for in Canada and they have received them, then this is called implied residence. They will process the papers as normal, but you will receive an immigration interview when the process is almost done to prove your relationship is valid.

I hope this helps.

You can Private message me if you need anymore help.

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
lexi said:

Congrats lexi!!!!! So happy for you!!!!!!

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
I was told late yesterday, (after calling DHL for the 1 millionth time) that the passport was on the truck! Finally!!! and that once it was back at the depot they could provide me with a tracking number. So I called to today to get the number and they tell me it was never picked up!!! :mad: I said "I spoke with a lady in your office at 3pm to verify from an earlier conversation in the day that the request for pickup was done etc" and this lady was like "who told you that?! they could have never known that!"

I was SO MAD. I was infuriated and kept saying “You MUST UNDERSTAND my frustration right now, I have been calling every day for over a week when this package was supposed to be OVERNIGHTED TO US and it STILL HASN’T even been PICKED UP!?!?!?! I send couriers EVERY SINGLE DAY, I know how the system works and THIS IS WRONG! We have been waiting OVER a year to get this passport and you MUST understand how frustrating it is to be finally done of this process to start our lives and now we have this COMPLETELY UNECESSARY DELAY!”

I actually apologized to her because I know it wasn’t her personal mistake and I know what it’s like to be on the receiving end of a frustrated caller and there is nothing that you can do…she actually felt really bad for me and said she completely understood and was sorry for the way things were handled on the business side. She was super sweet.. Probably, because I was on the verge of tears the entire time. :-\

I was riding high last night thinking ok finally as least that parts been confirmed...I just want to breathe knowing that his visa's in his hand. A week might not seem like a long time, but it's excruciating being so close and yet so far.

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
Mrs. Parkin said:
I was told late yesterday, (after calling DHL for the 1 millionth time) that the passport was on the truck! Finally!!! and that once it was back at the depot they could provide me with a tracking number. So I called to today to get the number and they tell me it was never picked up!!! :mad: I said "I spoke with a lady in your office at 3pm to verify from an earlier conversation in the day that the request for pickup was done etc" and this lady was like "who told you that?! they could have never known that!"

I was SO MAD. I was infuriated and kept saying “You MUST UNDERSTAND my frustration right now, I have been calling every day for over a week when this package was supposed to be OVERNIGHTED TO US and it STILL HASN'T even been PICKED UP!?!?!?! I send couriers EVERY SINGLE DAY, I know how the system works and THIS IS WRONG! We have been waiting OVER a year to get this passport and you MUST understand how frustrating it is to be finally done of this process to start our lives and now we have this COMPLETELY UNECESSARY DELAY!”

I actually apologized to her because I know it wasn't her personal mistake and I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of a frustrated caller and there is nothing that you can do...she actually felt really bad for me and said she completely understood and was sorry for the way things were handled on the business side. She was super sweet.. Probably, because I was on the verge of tears the entire time. :-\

I was riding high last night thinking ok finally as least that parts been confirmed...I just want to breathe knowing that his visa's in his hand. A week might not seem like a long time, but it's excruciating being so close and yet so far.
Wow Mrs.P, I would have been so angry as well and I'm glad you quickly realized that it wasn't her personal mistake. It probably helped her get you a more accurate response.

So any other updates? When will it be picked up and delivered? December is almost upon us!!!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
lexi said:

Congrats Lexi!! Looking forward to the landing story and the whole family being reunited!!

atclarke

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Update everyone.. my husband got an e-mail an hour ago saying he needs to send his passport to the Kingston office with a prepaid waybill for DHL or Tara. Does that mean they're going to put a visa in it? They didn't ask for anything else

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
atclarke said:
Update everyone.. my husband got an e-mail an hour ago saying he needs to send his passport to the Kingston office with a prepaid waybill for DHL or Tara. Does that mean they're going to put a visa in it? They didn't ask for anything else
Yes girl !! Congrats !! PPR for you ! ;)

lonelymrs

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
15-10-2014
LANDED..........
FULL HEARING WON FEB 15/2017!!
Hey guys I got home Monday night from JA :( Its so hard walking away from him at the airport I hate it I feel so defeated with this process such bullshit!! I wanted to give u an update I filled out the appeal forms literally 10 mins after getting home from the airport and expressed mailed them back to them Tuesday morning ! And now we wait......I don't even know whats next in this part of the process and the refusal letter states nothing really, just this...

"It is my belief that you entered this marriage primarily to gain admission as a member of the Family Class. As a result, you do not meet the definition of a member of the family class."

This infuriates me to my core :mad: :'( No one seems to answer anything on the appeal thread either!

Jessie2014

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
Additional photos, police clearance and FBI redo requested February 17, 2015/FBI REDO SINCE FIRST TWO WERE INCORRECT. RECEIVED IN MARCH 29
File Transfer...
July 24, 2014
Med's Done....
March 26, 2014 (Received as per CIC)
Passport Req..
July 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 4, 2015
atclarke said:
That's so exciting! Congratulations !! P.s I'm sooooo praying to have your timeline haha