still waiting
Passport Req..
still waiting
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
hopefully soon!
yqm_fa said:
Great news clbgr.... Where are u from in NB ? Moncton here ;)
Saint John :)

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
canjam110412 said:
HI EVERYBODY!!!!-- Landing story for Mr. CanJam110412

HUBBY IS HERE!!! It feels like a dream. A dream that has finally come true.

Our journey has been a great one.
64 months of long distance dating
3 months to plan a wedding
17 months to get a Canadian Visa
13 months and 6 days since we last saw each other
November 12,2014 as Husband and Wife.............Timeless.

Seeing him come down the hallway was so surreal at the airport. I had the biggest smile on my face and to see his light up was priceless. I will never forget that moment. I don't know what was worse the 17 months of processing or the 1 hour of waiting for him to come through immigration in Canada.

All we could do was hug each other and kiss up a little...... hubby doesn't like too much PDA lol. I didn't know what to do first. I asked if he was hungry....said no.... two min later we need food. I couldn't eat at all yesterday I was soooo excited. Our gourmet meal consisted of burger king.... ill make sure I will cook him a home cook meal tonight.

My (Our) condo smells like Jamaica and hubby. It was so nice to go to bed and its warm. To many cold nights to remember. But that is now gone. I think I have a permanent smile on my face for the next week. Hubby is unpacked and settling in. I'm so excited for the future and I've been truly blessed up to this point in our lives. I cant wait to see what the next chapter brings.

Thank you for the support through this process. I wish those in process a quick one.

Mr. and Mrs. CanJam110412
One Love, Cheers
Such a lovely landing story CanJam110412! Wishing you both an amazing life together as it starts truly as a couple in Canada! Plesae keep in touch and let us know how things are going. He is lucky to have such a loving wife. Oh and he is just in time for snow and cold...lol!

Welcome / Bienvenue to Canada Mr. CanJam110412!!!

P.S. Love that your condo "smells like Jamaica". Can't wait to experience that ;D

PrayerWarrior

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
MelJam said:
Hi good morning,

COncerning finger prints and RCMP you should take a look on this link : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=857&t=25
It mentionned : If you have lived in Canada for more than 6 months after the age of 18, a background check may be automatically conducted with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP). If your name has a 50% or more match in their data base, the RCMP may request fingerprints in order to confirm your identity. So mi I think I would be proactive and do it before they request it.

Concerning the baby, me I would send another form Additional Family Information form IMM 5406 by email http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5406E.pdf and add the information with my new kid. Apparently it is not a good idea to send more proofs of Relationship like pictures and trips details. So in your email just ask them if they need the original of the form or other documents and if yes to advise you. That is what I would do.

So I hope this help ! :)
Congrats for the new baby :)
Thank you for the advice MelJam. I will check out the links as well.
Yea, I'm excited, my first child :D

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Congrats to THOR and CBLGR!!! So happy for you guys

Mrs Parkin - start looking for flights - hubby will be home soon, very soon

And I haven't had the change to catch up on everything yet as I am just getting back to work and have time on my hands. if I have forgotten anyone I am sorry and congrats

Well....hubby is settling in very well. We got a lot done the past few days. He possibily has a job and we will know more on Satuday. He is very excited. He loves our apartment, the area we live in and really likes the city. He's been cold but has said it hasn't been that bad....he has no idea whats to come. Today is his FIRST day alone with Naylah ever and I am a little stressed out but I know everything will be okay. She hasn't left his side since he's been here and it was like they were never apart. I love watching when together.

To everyone thats waiting....I can't explain to you the feelings that you will have but I will tell you that the HUGE weight of this whole immigration process is gone and it was like it never happened. It is not something I wish upon anyone at all but for the love we share it was worth all the tears, arguments and stress. I am happy this is all over with and we can start with our lives as a family. I really hope all of you hear something soon and your spouses are here with you.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
jojrob1 said:
Yay update meljam passport has been picked up with amshiny visa in it. I wanna say thanks Nev, chickie who was with us from the beginning giving us the heads up on this process so we didnt go crazy........thanks to all of 2013 crew kadi,lovindahubby,sammy and everyone else you guys made this forum a refuge to go to when i am stressed and anxious. Thanks to everyone else...... with patience and perseverance everyone will have their happy ending.
YAY!!!!

See I told out that it wouldn't take long to come back. They are on fire right now clearing out all the apps!!! Book that fligt and get here

Trophy_wife

Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 18 2016
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
Dec 20 2016
File Transfer...
Jan 5 2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Feb,23,2017
Passport Req..
Feb,23,2017
VISA ISSUED...
On the spot
LANDED..........
Soon
canjam110412 said:
HI EVERYBODY!!!!-- Landing story for Mr. CanJam110412

HUBBY IS HERE!!! It feels like a dream. A dream that has finally come true.

Our journey has been a great one.
64 months of long distance dating

3 months to plan a wedding
17 months to get a Canadian Visa
13 months and 6 days since we last saw each other
November 12,2014 as Husband and Wife.............Timeless.

Seeing him come down the hallway was so surreal at the airport. I had the biggest smile on my face and to see his light up was priceless. I will never forget that moment. I don't know what was worse the 17 months of processing or the 1 hour of waiting for him to come through immigration in Canada.

All we could do was hug each other and kiss up a little...... hubby doesn't like too much PDA lol. I didn't know what to do first. I asked if he was hungry....said no.... two min later we need food. I couldn't eat at all yesterday I was soooo excited. Our gourmet meal consisted of burger king.... ill make sure I will cook him a home cook meal tonight.

My (Our) condo smells like Jamaica and hubby. It was so nice to go to bed and its warm. To many cold nights to remember. But that is now gone. I think I have a permanent smile on my face for the next week. Hubby is unpacked and settling in. I'm so excited for the future and I've been truly blessed up to this point in our lives. I cant wait to see what the next chapter brings.

Thank you for the support through this process. I wish those in process a quick one.

Mr. and Mrs. CanJam110412
One Love, Cheers
Yeaaaa Congrats to you and your hubby.All the landing stories I'm seeing are getting me excited about sending in our application package this January.

yqm_fa

Oct 30, 2012
MelJam. The way it's going october/November we might be hearing good news as well :)
We all know how things slow down in dec/jan (usually) but with POS working fast. Gives me hope. For once hadn't had hope in a very long time. Told myself not to expect anything b4 my 1 year mark which is dec 11.

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
yqm_fa said:
MelJam. The way it's going october/November we might be hearing good news as well :)
We all know how things slow down in dec/jan (usually) but with POS working fast. Gives me hope. For once hadn't had hope in a very long time. Told myself not to expect anything b4 my 1 year mark which is dec 11.
Yeaa I hope so. My file is in Kingston so I do not have any reference on people in here since everyones has been fowarded to PoS. I just hope they will respect the dates of applications received. 1 year mark which is dec 9 ! :) Our turn will come for sure!!

ballasgirl

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Hey guys.. I don't think that my post updated on here.. sorry

I just checked my application status online thing, and it has changed to "In process".. my heart feels like its coming through my throat. Does anyone know what this may mean now?

Timeline: Application sent to Kingston Jamaica- September 13, 2013
Medical results and police check received shortly thereafter..
Additional information requested on September 9, 2014
Application status changed to "In process" and states it has been in process since Novemeber 7th, 2014..

Does this mean good news? I am nervous but excited same time..
Thanks for everyone's time and understanding and replies, I appreciate it.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
ballasgirl said:

I just checked my application status online thing, and it has changed to "In process".. my heart feels like its coming through my throat. Does anyone know what this may mean now?

Application status changed to "In process" and states it has been in process since Novemeber 7th, 2014..

Yes it is great news....they are working on your file. Stand by and watch emails/snail mail for anything to come from Kingston - or POS if your file is there.

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
ballasgirl said:

Yes this is a great new ! As Sammy said you will receive a communication very soon ! Do you know if you file has been forwarded to Trinidad (Port of Spain) or if it is still in Kingston? I will add you to the spreadsheet :)

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
ballasgirl said:

Ballasgirl mine went to "In Process" as well which I noticed on Monday but when go to the "in process" tab in cic it says that my file is being reviewed as of Nov 6th. In the past when we say "in process" it seemed to mean that they sent out communication, but now it just seems to mean that they are working on our files. I haven't received anything from POS yet, but am IMPATIENTLY waiting. OMG this wait is worse than the past year of waiting! LOL! Good luck and keep us posted!

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Twoheartsonelove said:
Ballasgirl mine went to "In Process" as well which I noticed on Monday but when go to the "in process" tab in cic it says that my file is being reviewed as of Nov 6th. In the past when we say "in process" it seemed to mean that they sent out communication, but now it just seems to mean that they are working on our files. I haven't received anything from POS yet, but am IMPATIENTLY waiting. OMG this wait is worse than the past year of waiting! LOL! Good luck and keep us posted!
Its gonna be today ! lolol ;)

ballasgirl

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
They emailed me back from POS and said all documents have been submitted to the officer that requested them.. they are all in Trinidad :)

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
ballasgirl said:
They emailed me back from POS and said all documents have been submitted to the officer that requested them.. they are all in Trinidad :)
That is even better news ballasgirl that means that they are ready to PPR possibly!! You are not "In Process" limbo like I am...LOL!