07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
CADsponsor13 said:
Yes. My MP has stated on Friday that everything required is received and cleared, and there are no major concerns. The file is due to be reviewed on March 5th. However, just a few moments ago I went to check and the status is now at "Decision Made". Earlier in the day it was still "In-Process".
yahhhh great news!

CADsponsor13

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-17-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
06-27-2013
Med's Request
05-28-2013
Med's Done....
06-12-2013
Passport Req..
02-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-26-2014
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
Congrats CAD!!! So exciting start looking up flights home :D
My flight has been booked since Jan, I am due to arrive in Jamaica in early March. Hopefully we get the passport back so I can buy a one way ticket back for her on the same flight.

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
longdistanceloves said:
Good evening everyone!!

I hope everyone is doing well!! Still waiting to hear some news for DG and Chickie!!!

It has been extremely busy since hubby and son have arrived so I haven't had a chance to catch up much. I hope Kingston will be handing out lots of PPR's this week. Everyone deserves to be snuggled up warm with their spouse in this horrendous weather.

As for hubby and I, we are slowly adjusting. It has definitely not been easy and breezy to adjust, poor hubby has been having a lot of headaches, I don't know if it's because of the altitude change or what the reason is exactly but it seems really terrible and pain killers aren't helping. I hope they go away soon and don't continue on. My step son will be starting school tomorrow so I am crossing my fingers that all goes well. Anyways, hope everyone is keeping warm and keeping positive thoughts. Everyone will be with their families when it is time.
Hang in there LDL! I know a guy that when he came over he was getting a lot of headaches AND nosebleeds. This went on for just under two months. The doctors claimed it was simply his body adjusting. I feel terrible for you and hubby and I hope things get better. As for your step-son... this must be exciting for him!!! New school, new people, new education.

Thinking of you and lots of love! :-*

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
CADsponsor13 said:
My flight has been booked since Jan, I am due to arrive in Jamaica in early March. Hopefully we get the passport back so I can buy a one way ticket back for her on the same flight.
Congrats! I'm feeling a twinge of jealousy, but I've reigned that in as others have been waiting much MUCH longer! Can't wait for you and wifey to be together.

CADsponsor13

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-17-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
06-27-2013
Med's Request
05-28-2013
Med's Done....
06-12-2013
Passport Req..
02-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-26-2014
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Ninirae said:
Congrats! I'm feeling a twinge of jealousy, but I've reigned that in as others have been waiting much MUCH longer! Can't wait for you and wifey to be together.
No offence taken. I completely understand. Honestly, I feel bad for everyone that is still waiting. There have been lots of people private messaging me with questions and I have been open in providing guidance. I have used the same approach (filing papers) the 2nd time, in both cases, <8 months. The first time, I never used an MP for any assistance. So the only explanation that I have is my filing method (even though some people say that makes no difference). The thing that is different, for me this time around, is that I used an MP and had their full support for my application. Although, I did have to sign some privacy papers and fax back to the office before they would assist me further. Eventually, I plan to go to a flower store with my wife once she's here. Plan to buy a dozen roses and some chocolates. Then drop it off at my MP office and meet everyone at that office including the woman that has been assisting me for the last 4 months. That office has been so amazing and supportive of our situation. I got more updates through the MP office than I would get through notes waiting for weeks on wards and it didn't cost me a dime to get updates. I highly recommend if you can find an MP office to assist you, do it; even if its from the opposition MP. I also never used a lawyer.

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CADsponsor13 said:
No offence taken. I completely understand. Honestly, I feel bad for everyone that is still waiting. There have been lots of people private messaging me with questions and I have been open in providing guidance. I have used the same approach (filing papers) the 2nd time, in both cases, <8 months. The first time, I never used an MP for any assistance. So the only explanation that I have is my filing method (even though some people say that makes no difference). The thing that is different, for me this time around, is that I used an MP and had their full support for my application. Although, I did have to sign some privacy papers and fax back to the office before they would assist me further. Eventually, I plan to go to a flower store with my wife once she's here. Plan to buy a dozen roses and some chocolates. Then drop it off at my MP office and meet everyone at that office including the woman that has been assisting me for the last 4 months. That office has been so amazing and supportive of our situation. I got more updates through the MP office than I would get through notes waiting for weeks on wards and it didn't cost me a dime to get updates. I highly recommend if you can find an MP office to assist you, do it; even if its from the opposition MP. I also never used a lawyer.
Good for you :) congratulation. I wish I could get my husband to write his MP. I asked and he told me something about we should use our most valuable resource when we most need it. I assumed he means just incase things are not going so well then he will consider or whatever. You guys are lucky though, not sure if that's the right word but it's real nice you don't have to wait so long. Goodluck

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
CADsponsor13 said:
I know I keep debating on writing to my MP, because I don't want to upset Kingston and have them hold my file for 22 months... but I don't know. I'm at a stand still. I know a few people that work at the MP office so I think I will also get their opinion too. It doesn't hurt to have a truckload, then to go with majority! ;D

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
January 3rd, 2014 - CPC-M &amp; February 4th 2014 from KGN...POS AOR
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
Ninirae said:
I know I keep debating on writing to my MP, because I don't want to upset Kingston and have them hold my file for 22 months... but I don't know. I'm at a stand still. I know a few people that work at the MP office so I think I will also get their opinion too. It doesn't hurt to have a truckload, then to go with majority! ;D
I would say it doesn't hurt to hear what your contacts at the MP office say. I've contacted my MP and we've been in discussion that if need be..he will pull out the big guns and contact Kingston on my behalf. At this point, I don't think it's required...I'm just sitting back and seeing how the next few months go :)

CADsponsor13

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-17-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
06-27-2013
Med's Request
05-28-2013
Med's Done....
06-12-2013
Passport Req..
02-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-26-2014
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Just got word. We are approved for the residency. Passport is on the way via DHL.

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
January 3rd, 2014 - CPC-M &amp; February 4th 2014 from KGN...POS AOR
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
CADsponsor13 said:
Just got word. We are approved for the residency. Passport is on the way via DHL.
CONGRATS!!! :D

Leshatesha

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good afternoon everyone! I need help. I am so frustrated with the application. I have been honestly gathering information, and researching this whole process since last year September. I will have finished completing the application by tonight (just one more form to complete). I need to have it reviewed. I am not sure about certain sections. Would it be wise to bring it to a lawyer or immigration consultant to review? I feel overwhelmed. As proof of the relationship I have printed out our conversations from “what’s app,” which came up to over 1,000 pages! Do you think this is too much? I have also printed out the conversations that he has between my mother and siblings (he speaks to them on a regular basis too). I just feel like this application is going to take an immigration officer forever to go through! It’s taking me forever to put together!

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Re-do Medical &amp; PC ( April 7, 2014)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
CADsponsor13 said:
Congrats.... 8)

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Re-do Medical &amp; PC ( April 7, 2014)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
Leshatesha said:
Good afternoon everyone! I need help. I am so frustrated with the application. I have been honestly gathering information, and researching this whole process since last year September. I will have finished completing the application by tonight (just one more form to complete). I need to have it reviewed. I am not sure about certain sections. Would it be wise to bring it to a lawyer or immigration consultant to review? I feel overwhelmed. As proof of the relationship I have printed out our conversations from “what's app,” which came up to over 1,000 pages! Do you think this is too much? I have also printed out the conversations that he has between my mother and siblings (he speaks to them on a regular basis too). I just feel like this application is going to take an immigration officer forever to go through! It's taking me forever to put together!

Wow... 1000 pages of 'communication' seems a bit much, I think you should be o.k with a general representation, meaning a few of each type ( photos, letters, what's app, receipts, etc.) ;)