lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Need to be with Hubby said:
So many great news. Lovely landing stories :) Congratulation on all the good news.

Hey missy.. Where have you been? Hope your doing ok throught this long ass process.. Have a blessed one my deAr

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
longdistanceloves said:
Good Morning Jam Fam!!

Sorry for my late posting, but my hubby has landed!

On Friday I saw that our DHL package was picked up from the embassy. Hubby called DHL to see when the package would be delivered to him in Portland and they said it wouldn't be until the next week, so he asked if he could come to DHL in Kingston and pick it up and they said yes, so he went straight to Kingston and picked it up. So Friday afternoon we booked his flight for the next night. Saturday night my hubby and step son left from Montego Bay to Ottawa where they had a looooong stop over and Saturday morning they arrived in Calgary. My husband said that when he went to the immigration officer to land, they just chatted and my hubby asked him a lot of questions about Canada and how cold it was and so on, the officer didn't even ask him a single question except what his address in Canada would be, and when he saw it was in Alberta he told him good luck with the cold weather. Lol. Hubby didn't even get a landing package or any info from the officer!!! That man can chat! Anyways, they arrived safely and the flight was even early. I cried when I saw hubby and son coming down the escalator in the airport. I didn't think I would cry, I am not a crier but we both shed some tears. My family had come with me to the airport and my niece and my step son became fast friends and we all went to tim hortons in the airport to warm up and get the boys all geared up in their new winter outfits! haha. Anyways, the first day went by way to quickly with family over and all the excitement!! My husband was already missing Jamaican food so much he cooked us all dinner last night which was fantastic!! I am so glad I can have Jamaican food at home. So much more convenient than going to Jamaica!! haha. The boys(and all of us) were so tired we went to bed early early early and got a good nights rest. Unfortunately, I had a program at work I couldn't miss this morning so I had to leave hubby(which made me cry like a baby) already, but I will be back home in 3 hours and then I have the next few weeks off(except a few days when I need to pop into work) to spend with my fam!!!

It is truly amazing how you spend every second of your day thinking about how you wish your spouse was here, and then all of a sudden you are booking a flight and picking them up at the airport and living in the same house as them. It still feels like a dream that they are here. And I know that there are going to be a lot of adjustments ahead, but it is so so so wonderful. Just three weeks ago I felt like it was never going to happen, and now they are here. It was worth every single second of waiting, so don't give up, hang in there, and know that one day it will happen for you.
awwww gosh this made me cry....so happy for you that you and hubby that you are finally together! So how does he like the cold? LOL

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovindahubby said:
Hey missy.. Where have you been? Hope your doing ok throught this long ass process.. Have a blessed one my deAr
Hubby occupying my time in Ja Haha. Yes all is well with us, thanks for asking. How are you? :)

Missmylove

Jan 27, 2014
longdistanceloves said:
Good Morning Jam Fam!!

On Friday I saw that our DHL package was picked up from the embassy. Hubby called DHL to see when the package would be delivered to him in Portland and they said it wouldn't be until the next week, so he asked if he could come to DHL in Kingston and pick it up and they said yes, so he went straight to Kingston and picked it up. So Friday afternoon we booked his flight for the next night. Saturday night my hubby and step son left from Montego Bay to Ottawa where they had a looooong stop over and Saturday morning they arrived in Calgary. My husband said that when he went to the immigration officer to land, they just chatted and my hubby asked him a lot of questions about Canada and how cold it was and so on, the officer didn't even ask him a single question except what his address in Canada would be, and when he saw it was in Alberta he told him good luck with the cold weather. Lol. Hubby didn't even get a landing package or any info from the officer!!! That man can chat! Anyways, they arrived safely and the flight was even early. I cried when I saw hubby and son coming down the escalator in the airport. I didn't think I would cry, I am not a crier but we both shed some tears. My family had come with me to the airport and my niece and my step son became fast friends and we all went to tim hortons in the airport to warm up and get the boys all geared up in their new winter outfits! haha. Anyways, the first day went by way to quickly with family over and all the excitement!! My husband was already missing Jamaican food so much he cooked us all dinner last night which was fantastic!! I am so glad I can have Jamaican food at home. So much more convenient than going to Jamaica!! haha. The boys(and all of us) were so tired we went to bed early early early and got a good nights rest. Unfortunately, I had a program at work I couldn't miss this morning so I had to leave hubby(which made me cry like a baby) already, but I will be back home in 3 hours and then I have the next few weeks off(except a few days when I need to pop into work) to spend with my fam!!!

It is truly amazing how you spend every second of your day thinking about how you wish your spouse was here, and then all of a sudden you are booking a flight and picking them up at the airport and living in the same house as them. It still feels like a dream that they are here. And I know that there are going to be a lot of adjustments ahead, but it is so so so wonderful. Just three weeks ago I felt like it was never going to happen, and now they are here. It was worth every single second of waiting, so don't give up, hang in there, and know that one day it will happen for you.

OMG this is such a lovely story, i had to get the box of kleenex ... happy that another spouse has landed. wishing u and ur family all the best!

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
LDL!!!! I cried reading your landing story...fighting it still! I ACHE for the day it finally happens! It will be worth the wait...

missjam

Feb 13, 2014
longdistanceloves said:
Good Morning Jam Fam!!

Congrats beautiful story waiting on this process is so long but will be over in just an instant

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Anyone from the Negril area that can recommend a clean, nice, inexpensive (would love to keep it under $100 per night per room) close to stuff hotel, villa or apartment?? We are thinking of going to Negril for 3-4 days and would love some suggestions. We are happy with a condo with a kitchen so we can cook our own dinner, but also good with a nice hotel/resort as long as we can find cheap food nearby or at hotel (i.e. do not want to spend a gazillion dollars on meals). Suggestions??? Thanks in advance :)

Mrs. Davis

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 05 2013
File Transfer...
05 07 2013
Med's Done....
02 2013
Twoheartsonelove said:
Anyone from the Negril area that can recommend a clean, nice, inexpensive (would love to keep it under $100 per night per room) close to stuff hotel, villa or apartment?? We are thinking of going to Negril for 3-4 days and would love some suggestions. We are happy with a condo with a kitchen so we can cook our own dinner, but also good with a nice hotel/resort as long as we can find cheap food nearby or at hotel (i.e. do not want to spend a gazillion dollars on meals). Suggestions??? Thanks in advance :)
Funny, I am in the process of looking right now. I have done the all incl places and this time I have to go " cheap" lol. My friend, also a travel agent is helping me. I've been researching for quite some time. Negril has a lot to offer. I have found White Sands $62 night and some all incl cheap places ( if you're not looking for fancy rooms ) a Beach Combers and Fun a Holiday Beach $685 7 nights 2 people all incl. pretty affordable. But there are many more under $100 I wanted to be on the beach. You can also google affordable hotels in Negril I found quite a few Depending on the month of course I probably found a dozen under $100. coco la palm, legends, samsara, shields, palms, Mariposa, oasis, sunrise and more. Depending what you're looking for

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
January 3rd, 2014 - CPC-M & February 4th 2014 from KGN...POS AOR
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
Mrs. Davis said:
Funny, I am in the process of looking right now. I have done the all incl places and this time I have to go " cheap" lol. My friend, also a travel agent is helping me. I've been researching for quite some time. Negril has a lot to offer. I have found White Sands $62 night and some all incl cheap places ( if you're not looking for fancy rooms ) a Beach Combers and Fun a Holiday Beach $685 7 nights 2 people all incl. pretty affordable. But there are many more under $100 I wanted to be on the beach. You can also google affordable hotels in Negril I found quite a few Depending on the month of course I probably found a dozen under $100. coco la palm, legends, samsara, shields, palms, Mariposa, oasis, sunrise and more. Depending what you're looking for
Awesome! Hubby and I are looking to get away for a few days when I go down in April also..
We haven't tried any of the smaller spots - how are they?

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Twoheartsonelove said:
lots of places for under $100 with and without kitchen on the westend and villas, condons, hotels and apartments. My husband friends from Winnipeg and Brandon are at a place beside hotel Samsara and they pay $65 nightly. Includes 1double and a single bed, Ac, kitchen, living room, patio and store near by. There are lots more like this place too.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Need to be with Hubby said:
lots of places for under $100 with and without kitchen on the westend and villas, condons, hotels and apartments. My husband friends from Winnipeg and Brandon are at a place beside hotel Samsara and they pay $65 nightly. Includes 1double and a single bed, Ac, kitchen, living room, patio and store near by. There are lots more like this place too.
NTBWH - do you know that name of the place? Is it clean and in a good location?

Mrs. Davis

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 05 2013
File Transfer...
05 07 2013
Med's Done....
02 2013
This is the first time we'll be doing the smaller place. This trip has to be the budget vaca It's been the longest time apart so I don't care! But been researching for awhile. There's a lot to choose from and trip advisor you can see pics and reviews

josephine196901

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2013
Doc's Request.
01-04-2013
File Transfer...
05-05-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
chickie72 said:
I am guessing that your file is kind of MIA and by that I mean, on your notes it is probably saying your file is in registry but they looked through the files and it wasn't there, so an officer must have it but it hasn't updated your file to say it is with them.....(this is my thoughts and don't generally reflect the opinions of others) This is just my thoughts!
Thanks Chickie for your help. I called my MP today to ask him what it means (I already met with him in October) He asked me to mail the notes and he will contact Kingston and see what it means. I am hoping it means that it is sitting on someones desk, waiting to call for a PPR.

IS there anything else I should be look at in the notes?

Josephine 8)