+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

missfrustrated

Apr 13, 2013
Hey guys! I went and pick up my passport from Tara today. Hubby is over the moon, he wants me to come up by month end!!! I am sooooo happy!!!!! :D

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Congrats. That's very awesome. Best wishes on your arrival into Canada and for your future. Did CIC contact your hubby as the sponsor or you as the applicant regarding PPR? I've been meaning to ask who they usually send request to

missfrustrated said:
Hey guys! I went and pick up my passport from Tara today. Hubby is over the moon, he wants me to come up by month end!!! I am sooooo happy!!!!! :D
lonelycanadianwifey said:

missfrustrated

Apr 13, 2013
tamarindball said:
Congrats. That's very awesome. Best wishes on your arrival into Canada and for your future. Did CIC contact your hubby as the sponsor or you as the applicant regarding PPR? I've been meaning to ask who they usually send request to
Thank you. No cic did not contact hubby, just me.

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Ok thanks. Thought as much but just wanted to be sure but that does make sense since you're the applicant.

missfrustrated said:
Thank you. No cic did not contact hubby, just me.
lonelycanadianwifey said:

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
chickie72 said:
Nev can you help with the spreadsheet while I am away?
Chickie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One more sleep girl!!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!! :D

I would love to help with the spreadsheet but I'm travelling for work next week. I could update it next Saturday morning though if that works for everyone. (I mean really, how much would I really have to do now that Kingston is taking 19 months to process applications? ::)
I know, crappy attitude, I'm just really sick of all the bs that we're being fed...)

You my love, have a WONDERFUL time in JA!!!! Say hi to her for me!!!!
:-*

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
missfrustrated said:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
ready_fi_move_on said:
morning family
back from ja a wish i was still there
saw there has been some big news round here
gonna take awhile to catch up
congrats to those who have had reuions my girl sam especially brap brap
safe travels for those who are traveling to ja ( hint if you buying bottled water out there stay away from the kind called wata most of my family got ill after drinking that)
for those who have my digits my cell is at the bottom of the carribean sea
will holla a soon as i am up and running again

will catch up later
peace out fams
Mama Ready, you're back!!!!!!!! ;D

How did everything go?!?!?!?!?!

I missed your words of wisdom, sooooooooooooo happy to have you back!!!!!

mrsbrown

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
PC redo jan 29. In process march 7
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Passport Req..
14-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2014
LANDED..........
March 27.2014
Hello Everyone. Having a bit of a low night... the idea of waiting 19 months is killing me.

Happy to hear some good news from some forum members... looking at the spreadsheet it appears that only two people have become "In process" since applying in October (7 months ago!!!). I just dont have much faith in a system that allows some people to complete the process in as little as 5 months while others have to endure upwards of 18 months all without any explanation.

I know we're all in the same situation, I'm just extra frustrated this evening.

To those heading off to "our island" soon, enjoy! Bring us back some warmth and sunshine. I'm back in 3 weeks, can't wait. Need to see hubby!

Good night.

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
mrsbrown said:
Hello Everyone. Having a bit of a low night... the idea of waiting 19 months is killing me.

Happy to hear some good news from some forum members... looking at the spreadsheet it appears that only two people have become "In process" since applying in October (7 months ago!!!). I just dont have much faith in a system that allows some people to complete the process in as little as 5 months while others have to endure upwards of 18 months all without any explanation.

I know we're all in the same situation, I'm just extra frustrated this evening.

To those heading off to "our island" soon, enjoy! Bring us back some warmth and sunshine. I'm back in 3 weeks, can't wait. Need to see hubby!

Good night.
Chin up, mrsbrown! Your application may be processed in six months or less than a year! And just think, you'll be in JA in three short weeks!!!! ;)

SweetieQ

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
When God is ready for us.
Hi all. Congratulations to all those who are travelling to "sweet Jamaica"
Have a safe flight and a wonderful enjoyable trip

Congratulations as well to all those who heard from VO and to those who received their PPR and passports.

36 days to see hubby.

Be blessed.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Nevaeha said:
Chickie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One more sleep girl!!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!! :D

I would love to help with the spreadsheet but I'm travelling for work next week. I could update it next Saturday morning though if that works for everyone. (I mean really, how much would I really have to do now that Kingston is taking 19 months to process applications? ::)
I know, crappy attitude, I'm just really sick of all the bs that we're being fed...)

You my love, have a WONDERFUL time in JA!!!! Say hi to her for me!!!!
i can't change the settings for the sheet on my phone just keep a list of any updates and I will be sure and do it when I get back. Will miss u all

co16062012

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
AOR Received.
20-10-2012
File Transfer...
22-10-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
good morning to everyone i see since the VO is not making any movement everyone is making a move for themselves lol that's good, also see a few of the persons who were waiting for long have finally gotten through that even better.

still hoping i will hear something soon we taken the process out of our minds complete and we are trying to channel all that energy into finding flights and accommodations lol.

29 days and counting to our anniversary and seeing each other as well ;D ;D.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
chickie72 said:
i can't change the settings for the sheet on my phone just keep a list of any updates and I will be sure and do it when I get back. Will miss u all
hey sis safe travel to our island....how we can link up for one of those days u are here... wifey will be out here next week...i sure cant wait to see her

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Big up to all those travelling to Jamrock in the near future and to Chickie who is already seeing herself sunbathing on the beach there! Have a splendid time and safe travel. Bless up to hubby!

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Good afternoon family
I see a lot of you here are very frustrated by this whole process but I just wanted to let you know to hold the faith things will get better. I though maybe if I shared my story with you then you will see that the road is rough but there is a silver lining at the end of the rainbow.
So here is my story My husband and I have been together for well over 7 years. We got married 2 and half years ago.
December 2010. Our application was put in March 2011. I waited for 6 months without hearing one word from immigration Canada no Aor no approval noting. I was very ignorant to the system and had not found this site yet.
Skip forward to September 2011 I met a lady who sponsored her husband from Cuba, I tell her what has been happening to me and she gives me advice on what to do. I call cic only for them to tell me that they received my application in march but shortly after I cancelled my application (like wtf when in the hell did that happen) after having a major break down I go and see a family friend who is a lawyer who decided to help free of charge, he advised me that this would take sometime so the best bet if I wanted my husband here with me was to reapply while he works on trying to get me my money back that I paid for the first application. At this time I was in a financial situation and had just returned from Jamaica so I was broke as a joke. Skip forward to March 2012 I had been introduced to this forum but was lurking in the back ground reading and deciding if I should join, at the same time I put in my second application
And the wait again began by April I had not heard anything so I finally decide to come out of the wood works and talk to the people on this forum (everyone here was so encouraging and for the first time I felt a bit of hope)
After 102 days of waiting I finally get my AOR and on the same day I get my approval. Let me tell you it was the first time that my tears were of joy instead of sorrow. The summer went by I made 2 trips to see my husband still not a word from Kingston I send an email nothing I send another email nothing again( panic starts to kick in) then comes September and I log onto ecas and WOW my file now says INPROCESS (yes happy dance its almost over, or so I thought) well with my luck I know you don’t see smoke without fire so of course here come the fire 2 days after my file goes to in process my husband calls and tells me he received an email requesting an interview date set for 3 weeks late on October 8th. Well isn’t this great I already have my ticket booked to go to Jamaica but I am supposed to return to Canada on October 6th but there is no way that I am not gonna be there to support my hubby while he is being drilled about our relationship so I call the travel agent and change my return date for the 10th. Then we get another email requesting that we provide additional proof (seriously the western union receipts form the last 4 years , pics that date back to 2004,before we even started dating all that and you still want more evidence) LOL yeah Kingston wants evidence because cic never sent all that to Kingston(big surprise). So on the day of the interview my husband and I walked up to security with a bankers box filled with pictures letters from family, friends foes whoever would write a letter on our behalf , phone records everything but the kitchen sink.
The interview went fairly well my husband did loose his temper when the immigration office passed her place with him.
1 week after the interview we get a request for DNA TEST (Surprise surprise)
Then finally at the end of November we finally get the magical call for passport request (breath sigh of relief)
Yeah right at the rate things have been going there has to be more things cant go so smoothly now, soo of course less than a week after sending in the passport we get a call for an io stating they got a letter with new information about our case and this has be investigated before a visa can be issued , apparently someone still don’t know for sure who it is but I have some ideas of who sent in a letter to immigration that our application is a fraud and that my husband served 3 years in jail (lol what a laugh my hubby has not gotten so much as a speeding ticket let alone been to jail.)
But family I tell ya the lord was in control that day and the immigration officer who was handling our file was an angle sent down from above she checked out things in record time saw that the information for that letter did not add up and 1 week later dhl picked up my husband and step daughters passport for Kingston and he went in the next and there in the passports were the shiny pretty little visas. We wasted no time and 5 days later they landed @ Pearson.

My reason for sharing my story with all of you is to let you know that the road is tough and very frustrating and the devil will throw all he has at you , but PLEASE keep the faith and don’t worry because at the end of every storm is a beautiful rainbow.

Even after your spouse lands there will be bumps in the road still but it will all be worth it
I am still going through with issues with the government ,but you know what the worst is over and it will be for all of you as well.

God Bless you all