Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
danielle902 said:
Good Evening Everyone..

Just wondering i heard somewhere along the lines that it takes approx 30 days to verify me as a sponsor... the website is telling me 69days. Saying that they are working on applications received on July 12 :(

Whats the real deal? They just saying 69 to give time just in case they are busy or is it the original 30 days i heard ?

Thanks for your time
Hope all is well

Danielle
Hi Danielle,
CIC changes the amount of time on a weekly basis to reflect the amount of workload they are currently dealing with. Some times of the year it can be as low as 30 days where others have been up to 100. Usually, the time posted on their website is fairly accurate. As said before, plan for the time posted, and if you get through early it is a blessing ;D

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
chickie72 said:
ok so I have a question that I wanted to ask. Since this process started, I have never yet been able to sign into CIC using my UCI #, I can sign in with hubbies info and the File # but I cannot do anything on my side. I kinda left it alone because I thought maybe it had something to do with them sending me back my file but I got thinking the other day and if I have a UCI # then I should be able to sign in no????
Chickie, I had same problem too... but I figured out why. I will share my situation and maybe you can compare with something similar on my end...

I was once before and now this is my second marriage. Before marrying my JA hubby, I had not changed to my maiden name from my divorce. When I applied, I used my now married name but also gave CIC info of my past surnames also because all of my ID has now been changed to my 2nd married name with the exception of my passport (still in 1st married name). When trying to log onto ecas, I finally attempted using my details and my 1st married name and it worked. After recently ordering my GCMS notes, I saw a note that stated they had changed my name on my application from 2nd married name to 1st. I can only assume that it is because my government ID is in that name (passport) and therefore they are using that as their guide.

Not sure of your personal details, but could this be related to your situation? Just a thought for ya girl :)

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Well Fam, sorry not around much... workin like crazy... I officially worked 19 hours yesterday! But got paid for 30 plus premiums!! So, not gonna complain. Only sad part was that today was my last day off before I leave and I had to spend it sleeping lol. Oh well... now I will work the next 11 days and once that is over, I will be in the arms of my love!!!! So, that being said, I am always here lurking (while at work) even if I cannot answer right away, I will answer.

Tomorrow is the "Twenty-Six"th... if you know me, you know it is a special day for me! How perfect if we are to get our PPR on this day!!

Nothing but smiles and positive vybz my girls!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Sweet dreams!!!!!!!!

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Good morning all! I couldn't resist adding this joke today.

A Florida senior citizen drove his brand new Corvette convertible out of the
Dealership. Taking off down the road, he pushed it to 80 mph, enjoying the wind
Blowing through what little hair he had left. "Amazing," he thought as he flew
Down I-95, pushing the pedal even more.

Looking in his rear view mirror, he saw a Florida State Trooper, blue lights
Flashing and siren blaring. He floored it to 100 mph, then 110, then 120.
Suddenly he thought, "What am I doing? I'm too old for this!" and pulled over to
Await the trooper's arrival.

Pulling in behind him, the trooper got out of his vehicle and walked up to the
Corvette. He looked at his watch, then said, "Sir, my shift ends in 30 minutes.
Today is Friday. If you can give me a new reason for speeding--a reason I've
Never before heard -- I'll let you go."

The old gentleman paused then said: "Three years ago, my wife ran off with a
Florida State Trooper. I thought you were bringing her back.

"Have a good day, Sir," replied the trooper.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Jamgirl said:
Chickie, I had same problem too... but I figured out why. I will share my situation and maybe you can compare with something similar on my end...

I was once before and now this is my second marriage. Before marrying my JA hubby, I had not changed to my maiden name from my divorce. When I applied, I used my now married name but also gave CIC info of my past surnames also because all of my ID has now been changed to my 2nd married name with the exception of my passport (still in 1st married name). When trying to log onto ecas, I finally attempted using my details and my 1st married name and it worked. After recently ordering my GCMS notes, I saw a note that stated they had changed my name on my application from 2nd married name to 1st. I can only assume that it is because my government ID is in that name (passport) and therefore they are using that as their guide.

Not sure of your personal details, but could this be related to your situation? Just a thought for ya girl :)

Hey there, on the AOR they sent me they used my previous married name as that was what was on my ID at the time, but I have tried every name I have LOL maiden name, 1st married name, 2nd married name and nothing works, going to try calling them today to see what is up. Will keep you updated. Thanks for the help though.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
So I called CIC this morning and after 1/2 hour I got thru. They said since they have not starting working on my application yet, that is why I cannot access the ECAS even though I have a UCI and I can access my hubbys info. I did get some news that totally depressed me though, here I thought because there was an officer's name on the label when I sent back in my application, that I would not have to wait the processing time again but that is not so, I am back in line again and they are currently working on apps received July 12 and they received mine (again) Sept 19th. What the #($#$# more can go wrong in my life right now? I go one step ahead and 3 back.....I usually keep a level head but I am just about to loss it right now!

Anada

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012/06/04
AOR Received.
2012/07/25
File Transfer...
2012/08/03
Med's Done....
2012/05/17
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
chickie72 said:
So I called CIC this morning and after 1/2 hour I got thru. They said since they have not starting working on my application yet, that is why I cannot access the ECAS even though I have a UCI and I can access my hubbys info. I did get some news that totally depressed me though, here I thought because there was an officer's name on the label when I sent back in my application, that I would not have to wait the processing time again but that is not so, I am back in line again and they are currently working on apps received July 12 and they received mine (again) Sept 19th. What the #($#$# more can go wrong in my life right now? I go one step ahead and 3 back.....I usually keep a level head but I am just about to loss it right now!

wow i do feel u, and i agree u have been very cool calmd collected and level headed....

im surprised u havent flown off the handle from longtime!!

Anada

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012/06/04
AOR Received.
2012/07/25
File Transfer...
2012/08/03
Med's Done....
2012/05/17
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
chickie72 said:

however the good news is:

the wait time isnt so drastic....we all been getting thru failry fast...so u may just get through a helluva lot faster this time, as though u had expected to inthe 2nd time around.....

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
chickie72 said:
Hey Girl....

all I can say is I hope the call agent is wrong (with things like these they can be). This was not the case for Ali, so chin up girl. my fingers are crossed for you!

I don't even believe that the more I think of it. You have been given an officer so you shouldn't wait AS LONG as everyone else. Your file should go right to his desk! Although he/she may not access it right that minute....

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Chickie, I don't believe a word of it. Your application is on somebody's desk to be dealt with, you are not at the back of the line! These Call Centre people are really under-informed! :-X

Sorry, manners! Morning everyone! KG, NNNNNEEEEXXXTTT!!!

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
well that is what I thought too but he said no, the initials are just for someone in the mail room, they are the ones that sent it back to me......I truly hope it isn't true but I don't get my hopes up on anything anymore. That being said, I checked some of the other time lines and even though the guy said they are working on July 12th, some people from the middle of august of heard from them so that eases my mind a likkle bit!

Anada, truly i don't loose my cool cause it don't get me nowhere except a running nose and a headache (like I have now) and it didn't change anything so why bother stressing ya know. Now that I have sat back and thought about it, I am calmer and I know that I have placed myself in God's hands and will go where he takes me!

Calgon take me away, i truly do just wanna go curl up in my bed right now though, mi body drained :)

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Hey Kingston, what have you done for me lately??

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
So I had emailed my MP's secretary on Monday......

"Hello XXX,

Just wondering if you could do another inquiry as it has been some time since the last one and still no news. I will let you know that my husbands medical and criminal certificates have expired and in August he redid them unprompted by Kingston. I am preparing to visit Jamaica in the next 2 weeks and would love to be able to bring him home with me. There is still time to make that possible if Kingston could finish our process up. Just wondering what the hold up is....

Please let me know,

Thank you,

XXX"

and this was the response I just received...

"Hi XXX,

I have put a call into CIC for you. If I don’t hear back today then I won’t know until after you get back. I am off starting today until October 8th.

XXX"

So maybe it will light a fire?? Anyways, just happy to have cooperation and help :)

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
From what CIC told me yesterday, for spouses income/financial requirement is not a consideration or a restriction to sponsor as long as the person is not receiving social assistance other than disability. For other sponsors yes income is a consideration.

Luchan

Jul 9, 2012
It has been 24 mos now that KIN has has our application. Called my MP in Aug. and was told that nothing more was required from us, we have complied with everything and the application does not look like it will be refused, but they are asking us to be patient and wait. Good Lord KIN what is it that you are waiting for NOW? Really 24 mos (and counting) to make a decision that has no doubt. The system does work very well because the fraudulent ones are getting better results than the genuine ones. Does not matter how they revamp the system, this fact will still remain. Is this what we pay for? No wonder they are backlogged. I believe, like everywhere else, some of those officers are not capable of doing their jobs and should be fired. This is their JOB and WE pay them. I'm sure they see their families all the time. For all that is out there and to come, I pray that your case will be handled in a timely manner. One may not know what it is like until they in the same shoes!