+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

Okmb

Feb 25, 2021
Did you get a literally letter in your gckey and did they say anything about your passport
I got a message that my file has been updated when I checked it its says your final decision has been approved plz check below under that it had there copr numbers and expiry date when also when it was issued which that was today

Rachelle21

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
**update** - received our gcms notes today and didn’t really get anything out of it. Although I see that Beijing has been also looking at our file. Apparently security and eligibility still not started (from how I understand it anyways).

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
**update** - received our gcms notes today and didn’t really get anything out of it. Although I see that Beijing has been also looking at our file. Apparently security and eligibility still not started (from how I understand it anyways).
What did they put as your Due Date? Should be on page 2 or 3. Usually the date they're supposed to look back at your file.

Reactions: lobstergirl

Rachelle21

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
What did they put as your Due Date? Should be on page 2 or 3. Usually the date they're supposed to look back at your file.
March 7, 2021. And I ordered the notes as of May 4. Just seems confusing to me. I did see a due date for security for September 2021 in later pages. Seems like our file is being transferred back and forth between Beijing and Kingston.

lobstergirl

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Hi did you get a message that they updated your file are did you get back your passport yet
Yes we did it was updated June 2nd 2021 with an expiry date of travel September 24th, 2021. We should get the passport back soon :)

Last edited:

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
March 7, 2021. And I ordered the notes as of May 4. Just seems confusing to me. I did see a due date for security for September 2021 in later pages. Seems like our file is being transferred back and forth between Beijing and Kingston.
OK well from what I can understand Beijing only scanned the application. Kingston is actually working on it so any delays are from KVO unfortunately. I'm Here still waiting impatiently. I sent them an email two weeks ago and another today. I don't really care if they think I'm annoying at this point. Its the only thing that makes me feel like I'm doing something other than just waiting.

Rachelle21

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
OK well from what I can understand Beijing only scanned the application. Kingston is actually working on it so any delays are from KVO unfortunately. I'm Here still waiting impatiently. I sent them an email two weeks ago and another today. I don't really care if they think I'm annoying at this point. Its the only thing that makes me feel like I'm doing something other than just waiting.
Oh ok. It’s says e-doc so I wonder why Beijing cant assist with the file. I’m just confused.
I have a very similar timeline to you. AOR 1 February 5,2020 and biometrics and medicals October 2020. I seen the emails I sent them in the gcms notes but they never replied to me personally - so annoying. At this point it seems like people are waiting at least two years to conclude the whole process :-( I’ve lost the motivation to email anymore because they do not reply. Our representative emails monthly and always gets the generic covid email. The last note was about our MP requesting info - and this won’t be done again until July. Did you say that they want an interview in your notes?

Okmb

Feb 25, 2021
Yes I am have alot of big events in the next few weeks are you waiting cause quarantine hotel might not be over any time soon

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Oh ok. It’s says e-doc so I wonder why Beijing cant assist with the file. I’m just confused.
I have a very similar timeline to you. AOR 1 February 5,2020 and biometrics and medicals October 2020. I seen the emails I sent them in the gcms notes but they never replied to me personally - so annoying. At this point it seems like people are waiting at least two years to conclude the whole process :-( I’ve lost the motivation to email anymore because they do not reply. Our representative emails monthly and always gets the generic covid email. The last note was about our MP requesting info - and this won’t be done again until July. Did you say that they want an interview in your notes?
My notes said Interview Recommended. My due date was May 31st. Not sure if anything happened so I ordered notes again yesterday to see. I wish we got notes quicker. Sigh ye I wish Beijing would be more than a scanning centre. Hopefully we get through together in the next batch. Fingers crossed.