+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

chandy

Sep 24, 2015
Brampton
Category........
FAM
No fee just what DHL charges to send & return
Thank you. That’s what I did. I just put in the envelope a form they requested, print the letter/email they sent requesting the passport and the passport then sent it using dhl. I was worried because there’s some visa application handling fee I thought I had to pay.

Reactions: lobstergirl

shine_eye

Nov 15, 2020
Can someone who has sent in their passport provide exact details on what they did?

I find the instructions to be somewhat confusing.

On the vfsglobal site, it says you can't bring your passport in to the office yourself, but then in other parts it says you can. My husband lives very close to the MoBay site. Has anyone brought their passport in person lately?

Also, I am confused about the fees.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: chandy

shine_eye

Nov 15, 2020
I believe if you're submitting direct to the high commission, there's no additional fee. When submitting through the visa application centre, there may be a handling fee.

Or if you prefer you've already paid for the government's processing.

Do check though my experience in a different region.
Hi there

I'm confused about the Package Transmission Fee that is mentioned on the VAC website.

Has anyone paid this fee?

Thanks.

chandy

Sep 24, 2015
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Hi there

I'm confused about the Package Transmission Fee that is mentioned on the VAC website.

Thanks.
I was confused about the entire process too but then my husband and I went to the visa office in Kingston and they said all we needed to do was put the passport in the package along with a print out of the email we got from immigration Canada requesting the passport and use fedex to send it. So that’s what we did and we’ve been waiting for the passport to come back since April.

Reactions: shine_eye

chandy

Sep 24, 2015
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Hi there

Thanks.
I didn’t pay any package transmission fee or handling fee. All I paid was the fedex fee because that was the instructions I got from the vac office in Kingston when I went there in person

Reactions: shine_eye

shine_eye

Nov 15, 2020
I didn’t pay any package transmission fee or handling fee. All I paid was the fedex fee because that was the instructions I got from the vac office in Kingston when I went there in person
When you say the FedEx fee what do you mean? Did you pay for 2 way courier services?