+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

lobstergirl

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
We are in Waterloo Ontario and he is working for a company who does food production and packaging. He got full time day shifts working 7am to 3pm Monday to Friday. It’s essential service so less chance of layoff unless they have a Covid outbreak in the plant. But works great because I can drive him in before I work at 8am and when he is done at 3pm he can catch the bus which gets him home around 4pm just when I am getting home since I work only 5 minutes from our home.:p
That is so amazing!! So nice everything worked out well for you both despite the pandemic.

Reactions: shine_eye

shine_eye

Nov 15, 2020
Make sure to look for the passport request. My husband got pre-arrival letter in March 2020 and did not receive the passport request email. We had no idea he was given travel authorization which ended up expiring in July 2020 and we found out through local MP in Sept 2020 but it was already too late so we had some hoops to jump through to get it extended but now he is here since Nov 2020 after 1 year and 7 months of waiting. He was given his health card right way without the 3 month waiting time and has a full time job already
Thank you for this tip! We have a representative, so all the correspondence goes to them.

JayPee87

Jul 22, 2020
I am originally October 2018 applicant. However, acknowledgement of my application receipt was documented on April 4, 2019.

Application processing started on June 21, 2019.
Biometrics was done June 25, 2019.
Medical was done July 2019.
Police Certificates were expired so I had to redo them for both Canada and Jamaica in October 2019.

Since then I haven't received any updates. Both my husband and I email on different occasions but only got automated responses.
That's a year and 3 months of silence for us.
I cant begin to express how I feel, or how he feels not seeing me. Almost a solid 3yrs since we've seen each other, it gets tougher by the second

Reactions: lobstergirl

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
I am originally October 2018 applicant. However, acknowledgement of my application receipt was documented on April 4, 2019.

Application processing started on June 21, 2019.
Biometrics was done June 25, 2019.
Medical was done July 2019.
Police Certificates were expired so I had to redo them for both Canada and Jamaica in October 2019.

Since then I haven't received any updates. Both my husband and I email on different occasions but only got automated responses.
That's a year and 3 months of silence for us.
I cant begin to express how I feel, or how he feels not seeing me. Almost a solid 3yrs since we've seen each other, it gets tougher by the second
Wow almost 3 years. I'm sorry to hear that. Have you reached out to your local MP as of yet? I would try to do that and order notes in the meantime at least.

Keep emailing even though you get the automated responses. Hope you hear something soon. My husband should see this. If he doesn't see me after at least 6 months he's stressing me out much less 3 years. Good luck with everything.

TamaraTZ

Jan 22, 2020
The new programs will only affect 2020 onward applications but not the ones from years past the reason being they’re only scanning applications from within Canada not overseas that only started last year so every application that was paper based from 2019 downward remains paper based and it gets transferred if it’s Outland the same way to the local embassy and local visa office...Guys what's your thoughts on this?

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
The new programs will only affect 2020 onward applications but not the ones from years past the reason being they’re only scanning applications from within Canada not overseas that only started last year so every application that was paper based from 2019 downward remains paper based and it gets transferred if it’s Outland the same way to the local embassy and local visa office...Guys what's your thoughts on this?
I was sent to Kingston later than most of you sometime in Oct. Not sure if I was scanned or not. So until I see any type of movement at KVO I'm not ready to be excited as yet. I wait everyday to see if someone in this group has good news that would likely lead to good news for me later on. However KVO seems to be doing as they please. I guess it's good for later on

TamaraTZ

Jan 22, 2020
I was sent to Kingston later than most of you sometime in Oct. Not sure if I was scanned or not. So until I see any type of movement at KVO I'm not ready to be excited as yet. I wait everyday to see if someone in this group has good news that would likely lead to good news for me later on. However KVO seems to be doing as they please. I guess it's good for later on
I've learned not to get excited about post from IRCC...sad to say

Reactions: DiiDii

lobstergirl

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Good morning guys! Can someone let me know what would be the circumstances that would lead to an interview for the PA, and the request of additional documents if everything was sent in with the application? I am just trying to understand what the VO is looking to see, so that I can gather everything I need.
Pp))
Are you still waiting what is your timeline?