+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

Canadian Sensation

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
Anyone heard the news about mandatory covid19 testing before travelling to Canada? The test MUST be done 72 hours before travelling and the cost is nothing cheap. Anyone? ‍♀.
On December 31, 2020, the Minister of Transport, the Honourable Marc Garneau, under the authority of the Aeronautics Act, is requiring effective January 7, all passengers five years of age or older, be required to test negative for COVID-19 before travelling by air from another country to Canada.

Documentation of a negative laboratory test result must be presented to the airline prior to coming to Canada. The test must be performed using a COVID-19 molecular polymerase chain reaction (or PCR) test within 72 hours prior to boarding a flight to Canada. I believe in Jamaica the cost is around $100-$120

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Anyone heard the news about mandatory covid19 testing before travelling to Canada? The test MUST be done 72 hours before travelling and the cost is nothing cheap. Anyone? ‍♀.
Yes... I'm in Jamaica and I have to take one before I leave. It's $20k average.. Cheapest place right now is Mona hospital at 18.5K.

When you email the Canadian embassy they give you places to go. They said the hospital was free but when I checked online they surely updated with a price.

If I could stay and wait this wave out I would but I doubt anything will be getting better precaution wise anytime soon.

PPR dust to everyone

Reactions: shine_eye

shine_eye

Nov 15, 2020
Hi all!
It's now been 14 months since I filed for my husband (November 2019) and we have heard nothing in one year. Last update was January 6, 2020 saying they were processing the application. At this point, his police certificate and medicals are expired.
I do have a representative and she is going to be reaching out via the Web Form. To be honest, I'm not expecting to get much of an answer, but it's the first time we are making an inquiry.
If/when I have an update, I'll let you know.

Sending all the best to everyone for approvals!!

Reactions: TamaraTZ and TROD94

TROD94

Sep 29, 2019
Hi all!
It's now been 14 months since I filed for my husband (November 2019) and we have heard nothing in one year. Last update was January 6, 2020 saying they were processing the application. At this point, his police certificate and medicals are expired.
I do have a representative and she is going to be reaching out via the Web Form. To be honest, I'm not expecting to get much of an answer, but it's the first time we are making an inquiry.

Same here November 2019 applicant

Canadian Sensation

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
Hi all!

A lot of us have had success by reaching out to our local MP’s (minister of parliament). It was from them that we even knew my husband had been approved and his Visa actually expired months prior and we didn’t even know. They were able to walk us through the process of contacting immigration for new paperwork and within 2&1/2 months of them inquiring for us he is now here since November. Total wait time was 1 year and 7 months. We were April 2019 applicants. He did not have to redo his expired police certificate or medical even though they expired in March/20 and July /20 respectively. They have also emailed that they will assist us when we file for our little boy to come so we don’t have trouble with anything. Very thoughtful of them and we appreciated the gesture.

Missingmylove

Apr 18, 2020
Yes... I'm in Jamaica and I have to take one before I leave. It's $20k average.. Cheapest place right now is Mona hospital at 18.5K.

When you email the Canadian embassy they give you places to go. They said the hospital was free but when I checked online they surely updated with a price.

If I could stay and wait this wave out I would but I doubt anything will be getting better precaution wise anytime soon.

PPR dust to everyone
Hi, Please I would love to have a list of those locations. I have email them at Canada High Commission but from the past, they are not keen on replying and it is very important for us to get that list. My husband should return and the date he got from UHWI is way after. If you do not wish to publicly put the list of telephone numbers here you can send me a personal message

shine_eye

Nov 15, 2020
A lot of us have had success by reaching out to our local MP’s (minister of parliament). It was from them that we even knew my husband had been approved and his Visa actually expired months prior and we didn’t even know. They were able to walk us through the process of contacting immigration for new paperwork and within 2&1/2 months of them inquiring for us he is now here since November. Total wait time was 1 year and 7 months. We were April 2019 applicants. He did not have to redo his expired police certificate or medical even though they expired in March/20 and July /20 respectively. They have also emailed that they will assist us when we file for our little boy to come so we don’t have trouble with anything. Very thoughtful of them and we appreciated the gesture.
Thank you for this Canadian Sensation! I remember your story - it is a crazy one! I am so happy that things worked out, but so sorry you had to put up with all of that!

Contacting my MP will for sure be my next step if we can't get a response from them.

My husband's father died in September and my mother died in October. It took them FOREVER to even accept the death certificates. It is absolutely ridiculous.

Reactions: Canadian Sensation

Shickaa

Apr 3, 2020
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
16-01-2020
AOR Received.
31-01-2020
Med's Request
27-02-2020
Med's Done....
16-03-2020
Hi guys, I’ve just recieved an update from Kingston VO. After 2 months of emailing that I sent in my receipt for RPRF fee, they finally responded confirming that they received it. This was not your typical generic message, but an actual personalized message.

Canadian Sensation

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
Thank you for this Canadian Sensation! I remember your story - it is a crazy one! I am so happy that things worked out, but so sorry you had to put up with all of that!

Contacting my MP will for sure be my next step if we can't get a response from them.

My husband's father died in September and my mother died in October. It took them FOREVER to even accept the death certificates. It is absolutely ridiculous.
It’s a long process but worth it...everyone keep the faith and your time will come:)

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Hi, Please I would love to have a list of those locations. I have email them at Canada High Commission but from the past, they are not keen on replying and it is very important for us to get that list. My husband should return and the date he got from UHWI is way after. If you do not wish to publicly put the list of telephone numbers here you can send me a personal message
FACILITY PHONE CONTACT DETAILS COST
Microlabs Medical
Laboratory Ltd.
Montego Bay Office:
15 Humber Avenue
Kingston Office:
20 Melmac Avenue,
Kingston 5
(876) 952-5628
(876) 926-6108
SARS-CoV-2 PCR Testing and are
ISO 15189 accredited. The
Montego Bay Office is open for
this service Mondays,
Wednesdays & Thursdays
1:00pm to 2:30pm. The
Kingston Office is open for this
service on Mondays &
Wednesdays as per arranged
appointment time. Clients must
make an appointment and
prepay online at
https://microlabs.limited/sars￾cov-2.html.
Results are received in 24-48
hours via e-mail.
$20,000.00 JMD,
est. $150.00 USD
Sekhmet Medical
Centre
ATL Plaza, Bogue
St. James
Kensington Crescent,
Old Hope Road,
Kingston
(876) 632-3777
(876) 819-6108
PCR and Rapid testing Sunday -
Thursday 9am-5pm,
Friday/Saturday by
appointment. Rapid results in
15-20 minutes; PCR results in
48 hours.
PCR = $232USD
RAPID = $100USD
University Hospital of
the West Indies
Mona, Kingston
(876) 876 796 5351
(876) 532-4494.
Offers COVID-19 PCR Testing.
Clients must book
appointments online via the
website,
https://swabtostatus.com/
FREE

shine_eye

Nov 15, 2020
FACILITY PHONE CONTACT DETAILS COST
Microlabs Medical
Laboratory Ltd.
Montego Bay Office:
15 Humber Avenue
Kingston Office:
20 Melmac Avenue,
Kingston 5
(876) 952-5628
(876) 926-6108
SARS-CoV-2 PCR Testing and are
ISO 15189 accredited. The
Montego Bay Office is open for
this service Mondays,
Wednesdays & Thursdays
1:00pm to 2:30pm. The
Kingston Office is open for this
service on Mondays &
Wednesdays as per arranged
appointment time. Clients must
make an appointment and
prepay online at
https://microlabs.limited/sars￾cov-2.html.
Results are received in 24-48
hours via e-mail.
$20,000.00 JMD,
est. $150.00 USD
Sekhmet Medical
Centre
ATL Plaza, Bogue
St. James
Kensington Crescent,
Old Hope Road,
Kingston
(876) 632-3777
(876) 819-6108
PCR and Rapid testing Sunday -
Thursday 9am-5pm,
Friday/Saturday by
appointment. Rapid results in
15-20 minutes; PCR results in
48 hours.
PCR = $232USD
RAPID = $100USD
University Hospital of
the West Indies
Mona, Kingston
(876) 876 796 5351
(876) 532-4494.
Offers COVID-19 PCR Testing.
Clients must book
appointments online via the
website,
https://swabtostatus.com/
FREE
Thank you for posting this! Very helpful!

• Love
Reactions: DiiDii

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Thank you for posting this! Very helpful!
No problem if you leave before the 18th you can take the test at Pearson. But honestly they just told us that we may have to wait 24 to 48 hours due to how many people they have to test. I'm on the plane and it's full! So I'll let y'all know how this goes. I should have gotten the test in Jamaica