+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

wagggal

Star Member
Dec 29, 2017
I'm off to Kingston in the morning to spend Easter with my husband and his family. I really hope this is the last visit before the interview. I just don't want to have to continue to go there all summer, I'd rather him be up here. fingers crossed.
Weather is great here !

Reactions: lisas6615

Wildflower4u2nv

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-10-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-12-2017
Med's Request
12-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-04-2017
Hey guys,
My hubby just got an email asking him to send 3 passport sized pictures not stamped, signed or sealed by courier to
High Commission of Canada
3 West Kings House Road, Kingston 10, Jamaica | 3 West Kings House Road, Kingston 10, La Jamaïque

Anybody knows what this means in the process stage?

Reactions: Jamgurl1990

Jamgurl1990

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Hey guys,
My hubby just got an email asking him to send 3 passport sized pictures not stamped, signed or sealed by courier to
3 West Kings House Road, Kingston 10, Jamaica | 3 West Kings House Road, Kingston 10, La Jamaïque

Did they request his passport too? I am kinda thing he won't be doing an interview, I could be wrong, hear what other members have to say

bajanannie

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
04-05-2017
Doc's Request.
11-10-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2017
File Transfer...
27-07-2017
Med's Request
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
20-06-2017
Interview........
21-02-2018
Hey guys,

After business hours. That' amazing.

Wildflower4u2nv

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-10-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-12-2017
Med's Request
12-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-04-2017
Did they request his passport too? I am kinda thing he won't be doing an interview, I could be wrong, hear what other members have to say
Hey no just the photos. no passport.

Wildflower4u2nv

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-10-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-12-2017
Med's Request
12-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-04-2017
After business hours. That' amazing.
Hey, he forwarded me the email.
so it was actually sent Mar 22, 2018 10:28 AM. Subject documents required.

and the body of the email said
Please be advised that it will now be necessary for you to submit the following document;

Ø Passport photos- The passport photos submitted do not meet the specifications required. Please submit 3 new photos emphasizing to the photographer that the photos must be passport sized. Photos are not to be signed, stamped or sealed.

Please submit the above documents within 30 days via courier to the address indicated below. Thank you.

I know i sent pictures with his application package. it was the same picture used for his passport and medical and police record...i dunno.

wagggal

Star Member
Dec 29, 2017
Hey, he forwarded me the email.
so it was actually sent Mar 22, 2018 10:28 AM. Subject documents required.

and the body of the email said
Please be advised that it will now be necessary for you to submit the following document;

Ø Passport photos- The passport photos submitted do not meet the specifications required. Please submit 3 new photos emphasizing to the photographer that the photos must be passport sized. Photos are not to be signed, stamped or sealed.

Please submit the above documents within 30 days via courier to the address indicated below. Thank you.

I know i sent pictures with his application package. it was the same picture used for his passport and medical and police record...i dunno.
They have to be a certain size. You can find out the exact dimensions on CIC website. We got ours done a photo studio and I knew they did them wrong so I marched hubby to another high end photo studio to get them done proper before I sent them in.

Frame has to be 50mm by 70mm and size of head chin to crown 31mm.

Print off the specifics from CIC website for photos and have him carry them with him when he goes so they get it right and go to high end studio that knows what they are doing.

Last edited:

Wildflower4u2nv

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-10-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-12-2017
Med's Request
12-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-04-2017
They have to be a certain size. You can find out the exact dimensions on CIC website. We got ours done a photo studio and I knew they did them wrong so I marched hubby to another high end photo studio to get them done proper before I sent them in.

Frame has to be 50mm by 70mm and size of head chin to crown 31mm.

Print off the specifics from CIC website for photos and have him carry them with him when he goes so they get it right and go to high end studio that knows what they are doing.
Thanks so much for the details. you know what. I was with him when he got all the pictures done for the application package. We took the appendix B page that had the specifications, on there it said 2 pictures to be sent with package and to be signed at the back.. and now there email is saying 3 pictures and nothing on them...so weird but we will redo it

wagggal

Star Member
Dec 29, 2017
Thanks so much for the details. you know what. I was with him when he got all the pictures done for the application package. We took the appendix B page that had the specifications, on there it said 2 pictures to be sent with package and to be signed at the back.. and now there email is saying 3 pictures and nothing on them...so weird but we will redo it
Just carry that appendix B page with you again, such BS !!! In all honesty probably photo place fudged up. When we did ours it had to have stamp of photo studio and had to print his name and date of birth.....who knows??!! Keeps everyone employed and us frustrated.

Reactions: Wildflower4u2nv

wagggal

Star Member
Dec 29, 2017
The good in all this is that the application is being processed !

Reactions: Wildflower4u2nv