Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Interview........
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2018
Results came back today , positive. Waiting on passport request now!

Yes...Nancy is very helpful!
Congrats Nancy send it to them same day so wont be long before hearing from them.

Sanjay27

Jun 30, 2017
Hi, im from Jamaica. CIC is requesting a custody document but I do not have that since I had no previous issue with custody of my daughter. I am in Canada and my daughter lives with her dad in Jamaica, he has no issue signing the consent form that will be notarised by a NP. However, im just not sure how to proceed with the custody document. Any ideas or past experiences will be appreciated.
Thanks

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
Congrats Nancy send it to them same day so wont be long before hearing from them.
Im praying for an April 11 flight. Flights only leave Port au Prince to Canada on Wednesdays. That would get them here on time for my daughter's sweet 16 bday April 14. She's been through so much, it would be the icing on the cake. Please keep it in prayer if you can. And thanks...because you originally referred me to Nancy too.

SHANkey

Star Member
Nov 12, 2016
Category........
FAM
Hi, im from Jamaica. CIC is requesting a custody document but I do not have that since I had no previous issue with custody of my daughter. I am in Canada and my daughter lives with her dad in Jamaica, he has no issue signing the consent form that will be notarised by a NP. However, im just not sure how to proceed with the custody document. Any ideas or past experiences will be appreciated.
Thanks
Go to the family Court here in Jamaica I think but parents need to be present and just explain to them and they will give u guys a date like a week or two weeks away to come back and sign the papers which can be obtain on the same day

Sanjay27

Jun 30, 2017
I am not in Jamaica and this information is due soon. Her dad will do the IMM5604. Some1 suggested an notarised affidavit with her dad giving permission for her to permanently live in Canada, im wondering if that could work since hes already signing the IMM5604. So confused...

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
Best thing to do you we switched I'm back home in the cold n you're now on the beach.. Good luck tomorrow hope he gets it on spot fingers and toes cross for you.

No want you have to wait to go back and pick it up like we Did..

Oh btw hubby got call today and went and picked up both passport they gave him back all documents.
That's so great. Finally !!! The process is now over

Reactions: ludabrown

Belle Ginou

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
March 17 2017
AOR Received.
March 28 2017
File Transfer...
June 6 2017
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
June 3 2016 Passed and Extended
Interview........
November 2 2017
Passport Req..
November 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
I am not in Jamaica and this information is due soon. Her dad will do the IMM5604. Some1 suggested an notarised affidavit with her dad giving permission for her to permanently live in Canada, im wondering if that could work since hes already signing the IMM5604. So confused...
My husband and kids landed last year December.We filled out the imm5604 Declaration for minor children to travel in Canada with the mother signing off.. We didnt have court documents. It would help to explain who is taking care of your daughter in that affidavit.

Sanjay27

Jun 30, 2017
My husband and kids landed last year December.We filled out the imm5604 Declaration for minor children to travel in Canada with the mother signing off.. We didnt have court documents. It would help to explain who is taking care of your daughter in that affidavit.
Thanks for your response, im feeling more confident. Im not sure if its because I did not do the imm5604 form innitially why I have two separate docs requested but I'll try to have a Notary Public prepare it asap.

Reactions: Belle Ginou

destinyjam2can

Apr 2, 2017
Thanks
I'm bringing my step son to Canada and so far haven't been asked for any court papers. The mother just signed off and I didn't attach any letter from his mother.

destinyjam2can

Apr 2, 2017
Hi All,
It's been a while since I've been on here. Just wanted to update. Hubby came to Canada in October, somehow miraculously we were granted a TRV. We received an interview request in November for January 30th 2018, unfortunately, due to financial constraints we requested a later date for an interview. We got a response at the beginning of January, new interview date for march 6th. Hubby left Canada after 4 months and immediately missed it here even the cold that he had become accustomed too. For the first week, he wore a winter parka, toque and gloves even in the house, by march he was used to wearing a hoodie with a shirt. He's a trooper lol. After living here togther for the past 4 months...we weren't nervous until the morning of the interview. Hubby was called shortly after his 9am appointment time. He brought, recent pics of him in Canada with the family, but the lady didn't even look at those. She was mainly concerned with who was going to care for his nonaccompanying daughter ( issues with the mother signing the form to let her immigrate with him) since he has been raising the child since she was 4 months old. The officer told him that he needs to keep trying to get his daughter a PR so she can be raised with my son and she looked at pics that he had of the two children when my son and I took a month long vacation last February. The officer didn't even ask about me *gasp*. Hubby was in there about 15 minutes, she did ask my were married so fast within 5 months of meeting.Crazy I know but I was someone who was dead set against marriage after being hurt so many times and this man changed all of that, we connected in everyway possible. I just knew he was the man I was going to spend the rest of my life with. He felt like home. He explained that we fell in love unexpectedly and quickly and we just didn't want to live apart anymore so we did what we believed was right, she said she was satisfied with the legitimacy of our relationship and asked him to wait in the waiting room and his visa would be issued shortly. We were in disbelief, it was like a moment etched in time I will never forget. It felt like finally, all those tears, all of those petty arguments, all those lonely nights, hours of video chat, what's app all day long convos, the phone calls 3 times a day, the breakdowns, the wracked up credit cards from travelling there 6 times in two years, all the pain, all the struggle was finally worth it, just for that simple validation of our relationship that we had no doubt was real
being legitimacised. We are still on a natural high. Hubby could not wait to come "home" he still talks about how he loves how "disciplined"
everythin is here and he says of course he will always love where he came from but Canada is home now. Our next fight is to get his 4 year old daughter here, God Willing! She is the missing piece and we need her here to be a complete family. Those of you who have completed this process already congratulations, cause this is one of the most mentally and emotionally taxing situations I have ever been in. I wish you all the happiness in the world with your spouse. To those who have newly applied or those still waiting for an interview, Breath, I know how hard and exhausting this process is, how frustratingly slow is can seem, hang in there please, there is a light at the end of this dark, winding tunnel and that light is worth the fight, a thousand times over! P.s. Hubby has a job interview tomorrow, and if he is successful *fingers crossed*that second income certainly will not go astray
Just keep going!
Love and Blessings
Kismet
Congrats girl!!!

SHANkey

Star Member
Nov 12, 2016
Category........
FAM
So after almost 2 months of waiting to see my medical result on either gckey or ecas I email kvo yesterday they reply to me saying they have it and the I woke up this morning check but gckey n ecas and whalaaaaaa
Medical results have been received
You pass the medical exam
Lol I guess me email works

Reactions: wagggal and KTluv

Wildflower4u2nv

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-10-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-12-2017
Med's Request
12-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-04-2017
Anyone on this forum scheduled for April interview? Any September applicants?
Hi does your status say that background check has been done. mine says application in progress and will send a message once background check starts