+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

Daisyflowers

Mar 13, 2020
Same here. I order notes and they said interview required. They need to open up the place at the end of day covid will be here for some time. Just make new comers mandatory quarantine.
Right ! Jamaica is doing extremely well with containing covid and the stay at home order was lifted so you would think they are back to work to some extent processing apps.

OneilNvic

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
Hey everyone , no updates yet but my status bar now says 13 weeks remaining. It’s at 77% , fingers crossed.
Unfortunately sad to say that thing means nothing my husband at 7 days left 98% so I don't think it means anything and my notes also says interview required for eligibility but no notes from immigration that looks serious

Reactions: Daisyflowers

Daisyflowers

Mar 13, 2020
Unfortunately sad to say that thing means nothing my husband at 7 days left 98% so I don't think it means anything and my notes also says interview required for eligibility but no notes from immigration that looks serious
Did they start processing background check ?

Daisyflowers

Mar 13, 2020
Yes they started it but has not yet been looked at he passed his medical and criminal check and all his fees are paid from the start
Smh there is no reason for a delay at this point (aside from covid ) . The process does not make sense. I see people get through at 6-8 months . But I think the pandemic definitely led to a 3-4 months delays on our apps.

Reactions: DiiDii

TamaraTZ

Jan 22, 2020
Can someone share their coping mechanism, I miss my husband so much and this wait time is grueling...sigh:(

Mossar

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
App. Filed.......
13-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-11-2019
Med's Request
11-10-2019
Med's Done....
14-10-2019
Well some good news, the KVO office reopens on Monday so normal processing should resume. Hopefully we get some passport requests

Reactions: Gax

Mossar

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
App. Filed.......
13-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-11-2019
Med's Request
11-10-2019
Med's Done....
14-10-2019
The Visa Application Centre in Kingston will re-open for business on Monday, 6th July and will provide the following limited services until further notice.

Biometrics collection for Biometric Instruction Letter holders only
Return of decision envelopes to applicants. Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the “Service and Service Charge Schedule” page of this website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC.
Submission of passport upon receipt of passport request letter from IRCC (via post/courier only). Submission of passport in person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice.
The Opening Hours of the VAC will be as follows, until further notice:

Business Hours: Monday – Friday: 08:00 – 13:00
Due to COVID-19 outbreak, the VAC may be implementing additional measures to ensure health and safety of applicants

OneilNvic

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
Yea what about the interviews that's all my husband waiting for but otherwise then that good news is better then nothing I hope everyone keeps us updated so we all know what to expect and what's going on