Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Good morning to you all, when your application changes from application received to in process on your ECAS what exactly does this mean?.
means your file has been transfered to local visa office

Reactions: Mrs grant

nemrac1466

Aug 19, 2017
Can we have an unlike button
Have you ordered notes or anything seems long from what I've read in this 2017 thread
My application was received January 31. There's a few others who are same day, couple days before couple days after that have all yet to receive their interview. Those who have an interview in sept-oct applied around same time as me or before. I feel like you didn't read my previous post replying to you... this is an average of 9-12 month process from the time they receive your papers to when your spouse gets the green light to come to Canada. I'm presently sitting at 7 months and 9 days. Look at the tables with previous years waiting times ...9-12 months... patience is what we all need at this time. Soon come .... ;)

weallwegot

Feb 8, 2017
Anyone have any instructions on how to link the account this is madness been trying to think this for weeks no luck. I actually mailed in the schedule A weeks ago because of this same linking issue. I am so concerned the medicals have been requested but no way of checking it. Any suggestions.

teflon

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
App. Filed.......
13/4/ 2017
Doc's Request.
13/5/ 2017
AOR Received.
10/5/ 2017
File Transfer...
14/6/ 2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Anyone have any instructions on how to link the account this is madness been trying to think this for weeks no luck. I actually mailed in the schedule A weeks ago because of this same linking issue. I am so concerned the medicals have been requested but no way of checking it. Any suggestions.
you have to involve the sponsor when ask number of persons on application so you,sponsor and any dependent

Reactions: mel2017

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
you have to involve the sponsor when ask number of persons on application so you,sponsor and any dependent
That's what I did too. So initially I put 1 for number of persons on application and it wouldn't link but when I put 2 ( my hubby and I) it linked.

Jamway 17

Apr 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
Doc's Request.
Not yet
Passport Req..
In Jesus name soon
I promised myself that I would not focus on the wait and keep checking to see if there is any updates. Presently I am waiting for my SA. I am a government employee that works with a contenscious hot file of a mess. And I can tell you that I work my butt off trying to close off files and troubleshoot that as quickly as possible. The fact is there is just not enough staff resources to keep up and to update clients. Doing so takes me away from working on the file. So it is with this knowledge that I would hope I focus that the end is near and reunification will happen. I submitted as required and did not add additional supporting documentation, thankfully the applicaton has been streamlined and the supporting documents has been capped at amount to submit. Know people that submitted a encyclopedia thick application which resulted in the case processing agent having to review took longer time.

But even though I know how the government works, I am still a woman that misses her husband dearly and want(ed)(s) him here yesterday today and tomorrow -NOW. My home and work life keeps me oh so busy and I am grateful and that time seems to be moving so fast. it feel like it was just last month I saw my hubby but it is now 5 months and next month is my planned visit.....already. Wish I could b there for our anniversary Sept 21.

Last edited:

nemrac1466

Aug 19, 2017
I did still no luck I been trying to link this since August 18th. This is the most stressful procedure.
Honestly I gave up linking. I still found out that my medical was received and that my papers are in the KVO. My friend who is an immigration consultant said linking is not necessary. It's helpful but you'll still get your spouse here either way.

janayed

May 26, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
03-08-2017
I promised myself that I would not focus on the wait and keep checking to see if there is any updates. Presently I am waiting for my SA. I am a government employee that works with a contenscious hot file of a mess. And I can tell you that I work my butt off trying to close off files and troubleshoot that as quickly as possible. The fact is there is just not enough staff resources to keep up and to update clients. Doing so takes me away from working on the file. So it is with this knowledge that I would hope I focus that the end is near and reunification will happen. I submitted as required and did not add additional supporting documentation, thankfully the applicaton has been streamlined and the supporting documents has been capped at amount to submit. Know people that submitted a encyclopedia thick application which resulted in the case processing agent having to review took longer time.

But even though I know how the government works, I am still a woman that misses her husband dearly and want(ed)(s) him here yesterday today and tomorrow -NOW. My home and work life keeps me oh so busy and I am grateful and that time seems to be moving so fast. it feel like it was just last month I saw my hubby but it is now 5 months and next month is my planned visit.....already. Wish I could b there for our anniversary Sept 21.
I noticed you filed you application August 18. When did you receive AOR1? I filed mine August 3 and no word yet

Jamway 17

Apr 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
Doc's Request.
Not yet
Passport Req..
In Jesus name soon
Nine hours ago I received an update from an unknown source-my life my marriage. Is not what I believed. Pulling out my application. Sad but best I am told now and I had seen red flags but he always convinced me otherwise.

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
Nine hours ago I received an update from an unknown source-my life my marriage. Is not what I believed. Pulling out my application. Sad but best I am told now and I had seen red flags but he always convinced me otherwise.
What ! I am so sorry! Do what's best for you. It's best you found out what you did now than later. :( *Hugs*

rcspousalsponsorship

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga to Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
PCC and Schedule A Feb 22, 2017
AOR Received.
Feb 22, 2017
File Transfer...
April 02, 2017
Passport Req..
Hope it'll be soon
Honestly I gave up linking. I still found out that my medical was received and that my papers are in the KVO. My friend who is an immigration consultant said linking is not necessary. It's helpful but you'll still get your spouse here either way.
Sorry to hear you had trouble linking. The advantage of linking is that CIC/IRCC sends corresponsence to you faster and you have the status of your file at your finger tips. Its also faster to submit documents to CIC and keep abreast with the sponsorship at all stages. If the time frame has passed to link account, they may send you another response to link account. If I were you I'd take advantage, remember we're here to help.

nemrac1466

Aug 19, 2017
Sorry to hear you had trouble linking. The advantage of linking is that CIC/IRCC sends corresponsence to you faster and you have the status of your file at your finger tips. Its also faster to submit documents to CIC and keep abreast with the sponsorship at all stages. If the time frame has passed to link account, they may send you another response to link account. If I were you I'd take advantage, remember we're here to help.
I don't know how much faster linking is because I'm pretty much on track as far as all my paperwork goes. My immigration consultant friend currently has 120 clients so I'm going to take his word that it's not a big deal. Plus we sent the medical and police check with the application so that will probably buy us time that we are "losing" with not linking. Thank you though.