+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

kindly help

twitch

Aug 19, 2016
Hi,

I wanted help and guidance with regards to applying for Express entry(EE) (without the LMIA or PNP).

My Credentials

27 year old, Single. living in Toronto for almost 3 years

Education

Bachelors in Management (Canadian equivalency: Bachelors degrees - 4 years) from Mumbai university,India
Masters in Commerce(Canadian equivalency: One year of graduate study) from Mumbai university,India
(Canadian equivalency as official assessed by WES in January 2015)

2 years diploma in Accounting(completed in 16 months) from Seneca college,Toronto.
PGWP expires in Sept 2018

Work Exp

Currently working in Toronto, Canada as an accounting and administrative assistant (NOC 1241) from Sept 2015
15 months work experience in India as an Event planner (NOC 1126)
I will be giving my Ielts soon and expecting a score of 7-7.5 or more in each module

Questions

Can I show my Indian experience to gain more points when applying under EE, as my Canadian experience(administration & accounting) and Indian experience(events) are in two completely different fields?

What all documents are required with regards to my case?
Will my case be under FSWP or CEC?

Do I need to show specific funds if applying under CEC?

What are the steps do I need to take to apply for EE, once I complete my 1 year of work experience at my current job?

Awaiting a reply

Thanks in advance :) :)

aneelkanth

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Toronto
Yes you can show foreign work experience supported by an employment letter clearly outlining tenure duration, compensation, working hours and responsibilities.

Looks like you already have your ECA so that's good. You will also need employment letter, pay stubs, T4 and NOA for supporting your canadian experience.

No proof of funds are required under CEC so enter 0 as funds available in EE profile. If you enter 0 your case will be processed under CEC.

Proceed with IELTS general exam prior to creating EE profile.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
twitch said:

Can I show my Indian experience to gain more points when applying under EE, as my Canadian experience(administration & accounting) and Indian experience(events) are in two completely different fields?

Yes, it does not matter that they are in different NOCs. What matters is that they are skilled, and you can provide the required documentation.

What all documents are required with regards to my case?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Will my case be under FSWP or CEC?

After you complete one year of work in Canada, you will be eligible to apply under CEC. Funds are irrelevant - if you are eligible for both CEC and FSW, you will be invited to apply for CEC.

What are the steps do I need to take to apply for EE, once I complete my 1 year of work experience at my current job?

You will need the IELTS or CELPIP before you can apply. If you get an ITA, you will need all the other documents, including the police clearance certificates (see the link I provided above).

The only thing I will caution you about is you need to be certain about your NOC. NOC 1241 is eligible, but it is a difficult NOC to prove because many people with lower-level (C) jobs try to claim that they work as Admin Assistants. For example, you mentioned "accounting assistant" and that is identified under NOC 1431, level C, and is not eligible. http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=1&val1=1431&val65=accounting

Remember, you cannot chose an NOC based on job title, but you need to be certain that your job description aligns with the duties and responsibilities, as well as the lead statement.