+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kids Oath ceremony

serene17

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Hello,

We received oath ceremony for us and kids. We’re currently outside of Canada, but are planning to return to Canada in time for the ceremony but the kids will stay with their grandparents. Anyone know if the kids need to be back as well, even though they won’t need to attend the ceremony since they are under 14?
Any info will help. Thanks.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello,

We received oath ceremony for us and kids. We’re currently outside of Canada, but are planning to return to Canada in time for the ceremony but the kids will stay with their grandparents. Anyone know if the kids need to be back as well, even though they won’t need to attend the ceremony since they are under 14?
Any info will help. Thanks.
They don't have any compulsion to attend. But are you planning to apply for passport outside of Canada for them ?

serene17

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Ok got it. You will get it in Canada and then make sure they have it when they travel back.
Exactly! I will come alone, do the oath, apply for passport for me and them then go back. We are planning to come back to Canada in May, so it’s a lot of expenses for all of us to come now then again in May.
I just want to know if this is allowed. I couldn’t find any info online.

Reactions: forw.jane

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Exactly! I will come alone, do the oath, apply for passport for me and them then go back. We are planning to come back to Canada in May, so it’s a lot of expenses for all of us to come now then again in May.
No issues with it.

stnguyenvn

Aug 23, 2020
Hi I'm in the same boat. Any update in your case?