+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kidney Transplant

jjb23

Mar 18, 2023
I cannot guess how many weeks or months you have to wait. Biometrics usually comes early on in the processing of applications. Since you don't have access to your gckey and don't know what's been completed and what hasn't, no one here is going to be able to estimately how long you still have to wait. And it's never possible to say precisely.

Your consultant most likely only applied for the work permit and not PR. PR is a completely separate application.
I already submittedand completed all the forms and other requirements before my consultant lodge my application. They lodge my application after I completed my medical exam then few days after that I enrolled my biometrics. In my case, the biometrics was the last.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I already submittedand completed all the forms and other requirements before my consultant lodge my application. They lodge my application after I completed my medical exam then few days after that I enrolled my biometrics. In my case, the biometrics was the last.
I'm not talking about the process of submitting the application. I'm talking about the overall processing of the application. IRCC cannot complete security checks without biometrics. So certain steps in the processing of the application were only started after you completed biometrics. You also don't know if eligibility is complete yet or if they put this on hold while your medical was processed.

Ultimately there's no way to say how much longer you'll be waiting.

Good luck and hope you hear something back very soon.

jjb23

Mar 18, 2023
I cannot guess how many weeks or months you have to wait. Biometrics usually comes early on in the processing of applications. Since you don't have access to your gckey and don't know what's been completed and what hasn't, no one here is going to be able to estimately how long you still have to wait. And it's never possible to say precisely.

Your consultant most likely only applied for the work permit and not PR. PR is a completely separate application.
Yeah you're right, I hope to get a positive feedback soon from them. Anyhow, in my situation do I have a greater chance to have an approve work permit?

I guess so my consultant only applied for a work permit. Hope to get PR also once in Canada already.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yeah you're right, I hope to get a positive feedback soon from them. Anyhow, in my situation do I have a greater chance to have an approve work permit?

I guess so my consultant only applied for a work permit. Hope to get PR also once in Canada already.
Whether the work permit is approved is largely determine during the eligibility step. Since you don't know if that step has been completed or not, it is hard to guess or know what to say about the status of your application.

jjb23

Mar 18, 2023
Whether the work permit is approved is largely determine during the eligibility step. Since you don't know if that step has been completed or not, it is hard to guess or know what to say about the status of your application.
I got this from my consultant as an update of my application.

1. Eligibility: Currently Reviewing of eligibility
2. Medical result: Currently Reviewing of results of medical exam
3. Addiotional Documents: No additional documents needed
4. Interview: No need for interview. We will send you message if this changes
5. Biometrics: completed
6. Background check: Currently processing background check.
7. Final decision: Application is in progress. We will send a message when final decision has been made.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I got this from my consultant as an update of my application.

1. Eligibility: Currently Reviewing of eligibility
2. Medical result: Currently Reviewing of results of medical exam
3. Addiotional Documents: No additional documents needed
4. Interview: No need for interview. We will send you message if this changes
5. Biometrics: completed
6. Background check: Currently processing background check.
7. Final decision: Application is in progress. We will send a message when final decision has been made.
Right. So as expected, eligibility isn't even done yet.

There is still a fair amount of processing that has yet to be completed by IRCC.

jjb23

Mar 18, 2023
Right. So as expected, eligibility isn't even done yet.

There is still a fair amount of processing that has yet to be completed by IRCC.
So, based on your experiences what could be the timeline of my application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Great. I guess, I can only do now is to wait and pray that it will be approved as soonest.
Nobody knows how long processing will take but could easily take multiple months. The big concern will be even if you get approved for a WP PR isn’t guaranteed. Your kidney will likely be one year older at the point if not older.

jjb23

Mar 18, 2023
Nobody knows how long processing will take but could easily take multiple months. The big concern will be even if you get approved for a WP PR isn’t guaranteed. Your kidney will likely be one year older at the point if not older.
Multiple months? As in it could also take a year?

jjb23

Mar 18, 2023
Any projection or estimation how long the processing will take? So atleast I can consider start working with other company in other countries while waiting.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Any projection or estimation how long the processing will take? So atleast I can consider start working with other company in other countries while waiting.
You haven't even said what country you applied from. It's literally impossible for us to guess without this basic information.

jjb23

Mar 18, 2023
You haven't even said what country you applied from. It's literally impossible for us to guess without this basic information.
I'm sorry for not including it, by the way I'm from Philippines. I actually had 4 job offer together one of them is from Canada the others are from Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Italy. So far, by processing I had both Canada and Saudi Arabia considered to be with much clear employment while the other two I'm still waiting for the employment contract (job offer is different). For my Canada application like as said earlier still on processing/reviewing stage while my Saudi Arabia application I already had a fit to work medical exam and will be having a visa a week or two after my biometrics this week. That's why I was asking if it can be projected or estimate how long it will take for the processing of my Canada application if it will take longer say 2-3 months or so then I might consider start working in Saudi Arabia while waiting for the result.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm sorry for not including it, by the way I'm from Philippines. I actually had 4 job offer together one of them is from Canada the others are from Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Italy. So far, by processing I had both Canada and Saudi Arabia considered to be with much clear employment while the other two I'm still waiting for the employment contract (job offer is different). For my Canada application like as said earlier still on processing/reviewing stage while my Saudi Arabia application I already had a fit to work medical exam and will be having a visa a week or two after my biometrics this week. That's why I was asking if it can be projected or estimate how long it will take for the processing of my Canada application if it will take longer say 2-3 months or so then I might consider start working in Saudi Arabia while waiting for the result.
Anything we tell you here will be pure guesses.

A number of steps are still showing as pending in your application including eligibility and security. It is hard for any of us to say if it will just take a few days or week to complete these steps or if it will take longer. Work permit applications from the Philippines that are standard / have no complications are expected to take 8 weeks. Unfortunately your application does not fall in that category.

Also, your medical is still showing as being under process vs. complete. Until your medical shows as complete, there's always still some chance IRCC may contact you for more tests / more information.

Your best course of action is to make plans knowing that it's impossible to know when the work permit will be approved. There's of course also no guarantee that it will be approved. Until you have an approved Canadian work permit in hand, my advice to you is not to throw away the other job offers.