+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kidney Transplant

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello @canuck78 I had also kidney transplant a year ago and I'm 34 years old my current creatinine level is 1.63 mg/dl and my urinalysis, blood chem and other laborator tests are within normal range. Will this be a problem during the medical test? I already have a job offer and LMIA approved

My annual medication is estimated at 15,000 to 17,000 CAD.
Impossible to say and I’d be more concerned about not passing a medical when/if you apply for PR. At that point your kidney will be older.

jjb23

Mar 18, 2023
Impossible to say and I’d be more concerned about not passing a medical when/if you apply for PR. At that point your kidney will be older.
My employer is applying the PR and work permit at the same time, will there be any problem on that?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My employer is applying the PR and work permit at the same time, will there be any problem on that?
Impossible to say whether your kidney transplant will be an issue. Organs are not lifelong so cost of future transplant or dialysis is usually a factor.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi @canuck78 will be a problem for me in getting a work permit? What are my chances?
It is impossible for me to say. Definitely not a guaranteed refusal but the fact that you will eventually need another transplant and/or dialysis will be a factor. The reason for your kidney failure also has an impact. Would include a letter from your nephrologist about your current health, current healthcare requirements, prognosis, etc.

jjb23

Mar 18, 2023
It is impossible for me to say. Definitely not a guaranteed refusal but the fact that you will eventually need another transplant and/or dialysis will be a factor. The reason for your kidney failure also has an impact. Would include a letter from your nephrologist about your current health, current healthcare requirements, prognosis, etc.
Hi @canuck78

I did my medical exam and Immigration asked for additional test and requires nephrologist's report though I have submitted my nephrologist's medical certificate. I would like to know what could be the additional test they required, if you have have any idea?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi @canuck78

I did my medical exam and Immigration asked for additional test and requires nephrologist's report though I have submitted my nephrologist's medical certificate. I would like to know what could be the additional test they required, if you have have any idea?
They will be additional tests related to kidney function.

Reactions: canuck78

jjb23

Mar 18, 2023
They will be additional tests related to kidney function.
Hi @scylla

I receive email requesting for my nephrologist report as below.

"A report addressing history, physical exam findings, diagnosis, management needs and expected prognosis. Forward any additional investigations performed including previous serum creatinine, eGFR, renal ultrasound and renal biopsy if performed. Please advice renal outcome of applicants renal disease in the next 5-10 years whether renal replacement therapy (dialysis or transplant) is likely to be required and when?"

And also they asked to have a tuberculin skin test even though my xray is normal.

Is this hard to overcome? Does anyone here have the same situation or experience as I have?

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi @canuck78

Testing will be around current kidney function and possibility your body’s adjustment to the transplant or involve testing regarding the condition that caused the kidney function. As I mentioned before your nephrologist should be providing information about your medical history, transplant, prognosis especially how long your kidney is expected to last and when you will need dialysis or a new transplant.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi @scylla

"A report addressing history, physical exam findings, diagnosis, management needs and expected prognosis. Forward any additional investigations performed including previous serum creatinine, eGFR, renal ultrasound and renal biopsy if performed. Please advice renal outcome of applicants renal disease in the next 5-10 years whether renal replacement therapy (dialysis or transplant) is likely to be required and when?"

And also they asked to have a tuberculin skin test even though my xray is normal.

Thanks
Not sure what the question is? Happened to be answering the question as you posted but the information requested from your nephrologist is the same as I had already suggested. Provide this email to your nephrologist so they know what information is required. What IRCC is asking to provide is pretty standard and shouldn’t be a problem for you doctor. Asking about additional TB test is likely because you are on immunosuppressants.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi @scylla

Is this hard to overcome? Does anyone here have the same situation or experience as I have?

Thanks
Whether it's hard to overcome will depend on the results of the tests and the report. We cannot answer this question. It's up to your individual test results.

jjb23

Mar 18, 2023
Whether it's hard to overcome will depend on the results of the tests and the report. We cannot answer this question. It's up to your individual test results.
Hi @scylla and @canuck78

I already did the medical, they require my nephrologists report, recent urine analysis and TB skin test which is negative. After that my consultant submitted my medical sheet, few days after I receive a biometrics enrollment letter from IRCC. Now, it has been almost 3 weeks since my biometrics enrollment. I would like to know how long does it take to have passport request from IRCC after doing biometrics? I follow up with my consultant and they said they don't have update yet. My gckey account was created by the consultant and I don't have access on it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi @scylla and @canuck78

I already did the medical, they require my nephrologists report, recent urine analysis and TB skin test which is negative. After that my consultant submitted my medical sheet, few days after I receive a biometrics enrollment letter from IRCC. Now, it has been almost 3 weeks since my biometrics enrollment. I would like to know how long does it take to have passport request from IRCC after doing biometrics? I follow up with my consultant and they said they don't have update yet. My gckey account was created by the consultant and I don't have access on it.
Biometrics happens earlier in the processing of the application and before IRCC completes the security and background checks. So normally there is still a fair amout of waiting (months) after biometrics and before PR. I assume you have applied for PR.

jjb23

Mar 18, 2023
Biometrics happens earlier in the processing of the application and before IRCC completes the security and background checks. So normally there is still a fair amout of waiting (months) after biometrics and before PR. I assume you have applied for PR.
I applied for work permit and I don't know if my consultant applied PR for me as I don't have access on the gckey. So, precisely how many months do I need to wait?

I also have another offer to work to another country which I also passed the medical and waiting for my biometrics schedule, that's why I would like to make sure Canada work permit will come first since it is my priority and the other one is only my contengency plan just in case my application to Canada will not be successful.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I applied for work permit and I don't know if my consultant applied PR for me as I don't have access on the gckey. So, precisely how many months do I need to wait?

I also have another offer to work to another country which I also passed the medical and waiting for my biometrics schedule, that's why I would like to make sure Canada work permit will come first since it is my priority and the other one is only my contengency plan just in case my application to Canada will not be successful.
I cannot guess how many weeks or months you have to wait. Biometrics usually comes early on in the processing of applications. Since you don't have access to your gckey and don't know what's been completed and what hasn't, no one here is going to be able to estimately how long you still have to wait. And it's never possible to say precisely.

Your consultant most likely only applied for the work permit and not PR. PR is a completely separate application.