+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

kidney Transplant & Home child care Pilot Program

JSTOOR

Aug 5, 2020
I had kidney Transplant in 2007 & now on Immuno Suppressive medication, RFT ok & doing well.
My wife is Principal Applicant for Home Child care provider Pilot program & i am also spouse dependant applicant.
is there any medical inadmissibility in my case as my wife has specific work permit.
plz guide

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
There may be since you had a kidney transplant. If after your medicals, you receive a procedural fairness letter then it means panel physicians will review your case to determine if your health status will be a burden on the health care system. They don’t just look at your health now and the cost of your drugs and current treatment but in the future and whether you may need another transplant or hospitalization. You will not know until after you complete your medical and it is submitted.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I had kidney Transplant in 2007 & now on Immuno Suppressive medication, RFT ok & doing well.
My wife is Principal Applicant for Home Child care provider Pilot program & i am also spouse dependant applicant.
is there any medical inadmissibility in my case as my wife has specific work permit.
plz guide
Yes, there's a risk of medical inadmissibility with your case. Ultimately you don't know what's going to happen until you go through the process. It's really impossible for any of us to guess.

You are starting to get near to the end of life for your kidney. When IRCC assesses medical admissibility, they generally look forward 10 years. So it's possible they may have concerns that you will require another transplant within the next 10 years (or dialysis) which would put you over the threshold.

However as I said earlier, very difficult for any of us to say. Yes, there's a possibility you may be refused due to medical inadmissibility. Also certainly a possibility you will be approved.

Good luck.

Reactions: canuck78