+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kidney biopsy

quimburly

Apr 11, 2021
Hi! My doctor said I have Nephrotic Syndrome. He wants me to do a kidney biopsy this year so he just prescribed me medications such as coveram 5/5, omacor, ketobest while waiting for the biopsy. Is there any chance that I can delay my kidney biopsy first since my proteinuria has gotten stable due to medications? Can I just take medications while in canada without undergoing kidney biopsy? I am still on the process of taking a medical exam. Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi! My doctor said I have Nephrotic Syndrome. He wants me to do a kidney biopsy this year so he just prescribed me medications such as coveram 5/5, omacor, ketobest while waiting for the biopsy. Is there any chance that I can delay my kidney biopsy first since my proteinuria has gotten stable due to medications? Can I just take medications while in canada without undergoing kidney biopsy? I am still on the process of taking a medical exam. Thank you!
You should be following the advice of your doctor who is aware of your health history and diagnosis.

Reactions: quimburly