+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Keeping my job and affect on PR

jb9419

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
To put it in simple form...

I have applied for my wife's Visitor visa, we will apply again if rejected.. but if it is rejected a 2nd time, I am planning to leave my job and visit her until her PR is granted.

Luckily, this decision does not effect me financially and getting a job after I come back will be fairly easy as I am well educated and work in an industry where there are constantly new job postings of all levels.

However, I want to know if this will affect my wife's ability to obtain PR, as I would technically be unemployed (regardless of the fact that this is AFTER the application is filled)

for context, i am a canadian citizen by birth

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
As long as your able to prove financial stability to be able to support you both you are fine. Chances of you getting the trv is very low. Have you already applied for the sponsorship? If so, you moving to where she is could cause some issues for your application. You should look more into this before making a decision.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
To put it in simple form...

I have applied for my wife's Visitor visa, we will apply again if rejected.. but if it is rejected a 2nd time, I am planning to leave my job and visit her until her PR is granted.

Luckily, this decision does not effect me financially and getting a job after I come back will be fairly easy as I am well educated and work in an industry where there are constantly new job postings of all levels.

However, I want to know if this will affect my wife's ability to obtain PR, as I would technically be unemployed (regardless of the fact that this is AFTER the application is filled)

for context, i am a canadian citizen by birth
The fact you are unemployed should not impact your wife's ability to be approved for PR.

It is however possible that application processing may take longer if you are living outside of Canada. Sponsors who are living outside of Canada are required to provide proof in their application that they intent to return to Canada and reside here as soon as the applicants PR visa is approved. It's possible IRCC may request this evidence from you once you have left Canada.

Reactions: Fizzybe

jb9419

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
The fact you are unemployed should not impact your wife's ability to be approved for PR.

It is however possible that application processing may take longer if you are living outside of Canada. Sponsors who are living outside of Canada are required to provide proof in their application that they intent to return to Canada and reside here as soon as the applicants PR visa is approved. It's possible IRCC may request this evidence from you once you have left Canada.
How much or what kind of proof would be feasible?

I recently completed my graduation studies so I wanted a break anyways. I had planned to make 6 months off work regardless, but with my wife in India I can spend time there and once she has pr we can spent time in Canada .

Would this explanation suffice or would they want something more

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How much or what kind of proof would be feasible?

I recently completed my graduation studies so I wanted a break anyways. I had planned to make 6 months off work regardless, but with my wife in India I can spend time there and once she has pr we can spent time in Canada .

Would this explanation suffice or would they want something more
Typically you need to provide hard evidence such as bank statements, property ownership / rental, proof of future employment.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you have never worked full-time in Canada it may take quite a while to find a job. Will you have enough savings to show you can support yourselves without employment for multiple months when you arrive in Canada? Personally I would take this time to secure employment and build up some savings so you can secure a home and be more comfortable when your wife arrives in Canada.

jb9419

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Typically you need to provide hard evidence such as bank statements, property ownership / rental, proof of future employment.
If you have never worked full-time in Canada it may take quite a while to find a job. Will you have enough savings to show you can support yourselves without employment for multiple months when you arrive in Canada? Personally I would take this time to secure employment and build up some savings so you can secure a home and be more comfortable when your wife arrives in Canada.
Okay, thank you guys so much! I will definitely keep this in mind :)