28/6/2011
Passport Req..
17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
Hi all!!!

I believe this subject is important as any subjects here, it is How to keep connected with your spouse emotional. this process cost stress for both , and it may sound stupid but phone or computer never shows real emotional.

any advice for all would be great , remember the reason of this process is to be with your loves one. so do not lose your love during this process.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yaya Marei said:
Hi all!!!

I believe this subject is important as any subjects here, it is How to keep connected with your spouse emotional. this process cost stress for both , and it may sound stupid but phone or computer never shows real emotional.

any advice for all would be great , remember the reason of this process is to be with your loves one. so do not lose your love during this process.
Try videoconferencing - like Skype.

jlewison

Dec 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-11
File Transfer...
07-04-11
Med's Done....
07-02-11
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-08-11!
You are right, your question is just as important if not MORE important than any question on here! Trust me, if you are with the right partner, it is well worth the wait. :)
For a more personal touch, maybe try talking on the phone rather than on the computer? My Husband and I don't skype so we talk on the phone for at least an hour almost every night as well as sending probably a 100+ texts everyday!

Also try sending letters back and fourth to each other...it feels so good to get a letter from my Husband!! I also send my Husband care packages once in awhile with all of his favorite treats that he can only get in the states!

Hang in there! I will finally be able to be with him for good in less than a month and it was worth every stressful day of waiting :)

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Watch your favourite TV shows together via video conferencing.

Currently we watch "Intervention" and "Bar Rescue" together. We cannot wait for October so we can watch our beloved Dexter together. We toss comments back and forth across the video chat, and it feels pretty much like we're in the same room. Except I can't toss popcorn/a pillow/a book at him when he makes comments I don't like. :p

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
I am in Canada, my husband in Vancouver. The phone is not a good option for us, it costs too much. Sometimes we send text messages. Sending letters and postcards.... the service is so slow and not very reliable in Morocco. One day I sent him some documents and he received them 2 months after!!! Then, I sent a thank you card and a few pictures for his mother, she received them one month after. And a few times he does not receive what people send him.

Skype is not an option for him as his computer is an old dinosaur and does not work too well. And his modem is not always charged.

For the moment, we send each other emails. As for msn.... that is a big tension between us. My husband is sick and tired of msn. His old computer does not allow to see each other on the screen and he has enough of talking on msn as it is not real. He wants me next to him in real life. I try to make him understand that it is the only option for now for us to connect. But he hates it! He wants to live the real life with me. So we are kind of stuck... :(

We met on a website for learning languages 3 years and 3 months ago and over this whole period of time, we just spent 3 months physically together. It is quite draining emotionally this whole thing of being apart!

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
I am with a company here in the UK called Sky, I have my telephone through them, so I get free calls to Canada and free calls to mobiles in canada also. We could talk all day if we wanted, but time difference, him working, me having things to do also, it still limits us to how much we can talk.
I sent him a package last week, should be there this week to him, it has a hand letter from me with a lock of my hair and some perfume that i wear, a local newspaper he always read, one of his fav magazines, pictures of his new baby granddaughter he hasnt met. chocolate, a drawing from my other granddaughter who is 20 months and some other little bits and bobs.
Probably nothing special to other people, but mean the world to him.

We play world of warcraft and on FB he is my neighbour in most of the games lol. we talk alot on there as well. I miss him like crazy and never want to have to be in a situation that means we would be apart again.
He alos buys phone cards so he can call me when he wants to.
But its still not enough, some days Im ok, somedays i feel desperation and want to be with him so much its hard to function.
But I get up everyday, feed the dog and 2 cats, get dressed do what i have to do to make the day pass as quickly as i can, I know many of you can relate to this, and i feel for you loads. i can only hope this is all over for us very quickly. :)

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
jlewison said:
Also try sending letters back and fourth to each other...it feels so good to get a letter from my Husband!! I also send my Husband care packages once in awhile with all of his favorite treats that he can only get in the states!
I totally agree. A handwritten letter or card is a great and touching surprise to find in the mailbox. Care packages are also nice, I get them from my mother who lives in the states, but those can be much more expensive to send than a little love note! Added benefit, if you must have an interview, you've got more and different evidence of ongoing communication and Skype logs and phone bills!

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
Sorry.... I meant I am in CANADA and my husband is in MOROCCO!