+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Justin Trudeau Is The New PM of Canada - What are the implications?

omoba7

Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-13
Alexios07 said:
Well, hopefully the new goverment will distribute more funds to CIC so that they can hire more quality agents to work on those backlogs. I remember reading an article on CBC saying that due to the recent cut, most of CIC senior agents already left, now they have to hire young people with only a few days training to work on our applications.
Despite the glitches, there was great improvement in processing time. Processing time went down from 10 years to around 6 months during the tenure of the conservatives! Remember Liberal created the many years of backlog and 3-10 years wait times. Those that applied for permanent residence in the year 2000 up till 2012 can relate well with what I am talking about.

Wait till they start taking in refugees and families members (parents and siblings), skilled workers applications would likely be relegated as those ones would be considered high priority.

I am talking from experience.

Creon

Aug 28, 2015
this is so true... except maybe USA, other "competitor" countries have been using the concept of "express entry" successfully. that is why, mobility (at least for high skilled labor) is so fast there. i also sympathize with migrants and asylum seekers, and i give them full support to relocate. it's just that, i hope the new government would not throw away the "gains" (no matter how arguable they are) that the conservative party implemented with the immigration process. else, will be back to 6 to 10 year wait, including those who have the best chances to succeed in canada.

omoba7 said:
Despite the glitches, there was great improvement in processing time. Processing time went down from 10 years to around 6 months during the tenure of the conservatives! Remember Liberal created the many years of backlog and 3-10 years wait times. Those that applied for permanent residence in the year 2000 up till 2012 can relate well with what I am talking about.

Wait till they start taking in refugees and families members (parents and siblings), skilled workers applications would likely be relegated as those ones would be considered high priority.

I am talking from experience.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
amamh said:
Because they will take more refugees and families?
They are looking to bring in 25,000 refugees this year, as in by January 1. That's likely to keep CIC busy for a while. They are also looking to increase family reunification, which will not be done through express entry. They want to make LMIAs harder, which will keep some people from being able to come in, and increase the points for those in Canada already. So, if you're a Canadian student, it may make things easier. If you're out of the country, more emphasis on people already here means less on those abroad.

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
Alexios07 said:
Found it, it's on The Star, not CBC: ‘High error rate’ found in Canada’s immigration processing.

It reveals some pretty shocking facts of CIC under Stephen Harper leadership
Well! This article is dated 5th Jan 2015. And we all know several bloopers by CIC in Express Entry applications (ref: the medical tests blunder earlier in the year) One can only hope that with almost a year of on the job experience, the situation has improved now and CIC is making fewer mistakes..

dhillonavjot

Jul 21, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kateg said:
They are looking to bring in 25,000 refugees this year, as in by January 1. That's likely to keep CIC busy for a while. They are also looking to increase family reunification, which will not be done through express entry. They want to make LMIAs harder, which will keep some people from being able to come in, and increase the points for those in Canada already. So, if you're a Canadian student, it may make things easier. If you're out of the country, more emphasis on people already here means less on those abroad.
It's unfortunate that refugee applications will be top priority for the government as they would love to score brownie points at the cost of students/workers.Liberals have comforted the students/workers at the moment by promising to bring in changes to the system but there is no set deadline :'(

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dhillonavjot said:
It's unfortunate that refugee applications will be top priority for the government as they would love to score brownie points at the cost of students/workers.Liberals have comforted the students/workers at the moment by promising to bring in changes to the system but there is no set deadline :'(
I mean... shouldn't refugees be a higher priority? Think about it, they NEED help. The rest of us have created a life for ourselves here alright but realistically we want to be here more than we need to.

ash5ash

Jan 5, 2015
I am sure our so called "Dreams" can wait a few more months while we relax in the comfort of our homes but those people running for their lives in no mans land need our help right now.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
purplesnow said:
I mean... shouldn't refugees be a higher priority? Think about it, they NEED help. The rest of us have created a life for ourselves here alright but realistically we want to be here more than we need to.
yes refugees should be high priority but system should not be abused as I have seen people who do not need refugee status have applied and got refugee class. Point is people who really need help should be first. I have seen TFW's applying for refugee as their lawyer suggests to give it a try if they dont qualify under anything. Thats system abuse. But yes I agree refugee should be given preference. I feel one type of immigration should not be sacrificed for the other. Economic immigration is equally important.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
here is an example. why would anyone from india need a refugee status. I mean there may be a reason but to me it seems abuse of system. same goes to other countries too like china etc
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/alberta-health-revokes-coverage-8-154456770.html

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
here is an example. why would anyone from india need a refugee status. I mean there may be a reason but to me it seems abuse of system. same goes to other countries too like china etc
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/alberta-health-revokes-coverage-8-154456770.html
you don't need to be physically on the run to be in need of refuge and its not up to us to say or speculate on whether other people are deserving of refugee status. Canada have their rules and regulations in place for refugee and asylum claims and they'll follow those. Remember, everyone's fighting a battle you know nothing about. If Canada deems someone worthy of refugee status, regardless of whether you agree with or understand that decision, they've obviously been through some horrific shit and have been able to verify their need for refuge to the authorities' satisfaction. Those people do deserve to be processed on a higher priority level to someone like me. I don't need to know what happened to them to be ok with that. That's all I'm saying.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
^^ I think that is a very unfair statement.. it clearly says that she has been abused by the security forces (who are meant to protect her)... for many women, going back after making this public would be a death sentence..
I know people who need refugee status from India... and would never ever dream of going back to the country... either due to religious discrimination after conversions or chances of honor killings from their families, villages, etc due to marriages without consent or such situations.. so you never know a person's individual case... cannot just assume that she is abusing the system because she is not from Syria or Afghanistan..

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
Yes agree with you... :)

ishpiringkiting

Jan 11, 2012
dhillonavjot said:
How about those Skilled workers that have returned to their home country because of their work permit expiration? I hope they will also look through those as well.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ishpiringkiting said:
How about those Skilled workers that have returned to their home country because of their work permit expiration? I hope they will also look through those as well.
and do what?