+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Justin Trudeau Is The New PM of Canada - What are the implications?

dhillonavjot

Jul 21, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All these promises sound well and good but please note that they haven't set a deadline for delivering those yet.There are many applicants whose wp will be expiring this year and the 1st quarter of 2016.
I hope the Liberals start working on these promises asap :-X

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
cyronn said:
Doesn't seem like EE - FSW Outlanders will be impacted much, not positively at the very least.
Some outlanders, like my cousin, have Canadian siblings. So they can benefit from the additional points that the Trudeau government will give.

omoba7

Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-13
Canada is likely gonna return to the days of immigration backlogs.

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omoba7 said:
Because they will take more refugees and families?

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
Speculative piece on possible changes in immigration policy

Changes to Canadian Immigration Likely After Liberals Win Election http://www.cicnews.com/2015/10/canadian-immigration-liberals-win-election-106361.html

Last para is interesting. Good advice imo.

“For individuals who are currently eligible for an economic immigration program, I would strongly encourage pursuing permanent residence as soon as possible. The Liberals have stated that they are looking to make changes to the Express Entry system, but those changes have not yet been defined. While some candidates’ points may increase as a result of any changes, others may see a decrease or stagnation, reducing the competitiveness of their profile. Indeed, eligibility requirements to even enter the pool could be changed if the federal economic programs are changed. Therefore, it is now hugely important for individuals who are eligible to enter the pool to do so before the new government can draft new regulations and implement them.”

Creon

Aug 28, 2015
omoba7 said:
yep, this is so one of the most probable things that will happen. hello years of waiting time.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
The want us or Not ? What if they decrease our points? the whole period of waiting is wasted?

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
It seems that implications would be negative for many FSW Outlanders. For instance, they have proposed adding CRS points for those with Canadian siblings – this would directly mean that those without Canadian connections would be ranked lower in the pool. He is bad news for many of us. Therefore, it would be advantageous for FSW Outlanders that the next draw happen asap.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
ybjianada said:
It seems that implications would be negative for many FSW Outlanders. For instance, they have proposed adding CRS points for those with Canadian siblings – this would directly mean that those without Canadian connections would be ranked lower in the pool. He is bad news for many of us. Therefore, it would be advantageous for FSW Outlanders that the next draw happen asap.
they wont be many. its just some months more of waiting. I dont think many changes would come suddenly.

Creon

Aug 28, 2015
yeah, this is what i also am worried about. it's very soon to change the rules of the game, if ever they will indeed. i hope, at the very least, they would give us heads-up so we can prepare, and not leave us hanging midway. less than one year of Express Entry. perhaps they could give it sometime to really produce results. too much uncertainties, not really healthy.

at the end of the day, it's their country after all. we are under their mercy, beggars can't be choosers.

though i honestly still am wishing for the best!

ybjianada said:

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That last paragraph there is purely guesswork. No one knows what the changes will be, if any. A new immigration minister hasn't even been appointed yet.

dhillonavjot

Jul 21, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omoba7 said:
25000 refugee applications to be processed in the next few months along with the provincial nominee and EE applications.
I totally agree with what you said - the immigration backlogs will just keep piling up :(

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dhillonavjot said:
25000 refugee applications to be processed in the next few months along with the provincial nominee and EE applications.
I totally agree with what you said - the immigration backlogs will just keep piling up :(
Well, hopefully the new goverment will distribute more funds to CIC so that they can hire more quality agents to work on those backlogs. I remember reading an article on CBC saying that due to the recent cut, most of CIC senior agents already left, now they have to hire young people with only a few days training to work on our applications.

ETE

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
Alexios07 said:
Well, hopefully the new goverment will distribute more funds to CIC so that they can hire more quality agents to work on those backlogs. I remember reading an article on CBC saying that due to the recent cut, most of CIC senior agents already left, now they have to hire young people with only a few days training to work on our applications.
Hmm can you please cite the article?
Justin needs to at least allow those who are in the pool to get processed before even changing anything on immigration. He said that he is all for immigrants, and people who apply through express entry will be considered as immigrants, so i am hoping he takes that/us into consideration. It is not just refugee and families, he needs to grow the economy also.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ETE said:
Hmm can you please cite the article?
Justin needs to at least allow those who are in the pool to get processed before even changing anything on immigration. He said that he is all for immigrants, and people who apply through express entry will be considered as immigrants, so i am hoping he takes that/us into consideration. It is not just refugee and families, he needs to grow the economy also.
Found it, it's on The Star, not CBC: ‘High error rate’ found in Canada’s immigration processing.

It reveals some pretty shocking facts of CIC under Stephen Harper leadership

“Since the (Stephen) Harper government came into power, Citizenship and Immigration has seen too many cuts and lost many qualified employees,” said Steve McCuaig, national president of the Canada Employment and Immigration Union.

You have casual employees brought in within a short time with little training while qualified people are shown the door, and the public is left with people who are not on top of their job,” he said.

According to the union, casual employees make up half the workforce responsible for the reviews of permanent residence applications. These employees, mostly students, are given three days of training on the department’s global case management system (GCMS) and rotate on three shifts.