+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just wanted to consider options about how (and who) to fill in the Employer Form for PNP for the foreign stream?

alex_tim

Jan 1, 2024
Hello!
I just got an invitation to apply and it says that I have only 14 days to upload all the requested docs, where one of the docs is the Employer Form. The problem is that I am working in a kind of big company and honestly not sure if they would be even able to fill in the form because it is kind of not their business to fill my forms:) Moreover, this form requires Adobe and contains a lot of questions with company information.
My next concern is that - the first question in the form says - "is someone assisting you (the employer/business) with completing this form?", this question kind of brings me to the point that this form could be completed by a third party, or?

Finally, there are two questions:
  1. Are there any pitfalls with this form is better to know before asking my company to fill this form out?
  2. Are there any third-party companies that could fill this form out so it would be necessary to just sign it with (eg:) my manager?
Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello!
I just got an invitation to apply and it says that I have only 14 days to upload all the requested docs, where one of the docs is the Employer Form. The problem is that I am working in a kind of big company and honestly not sure if they would be even able to fill in the form because it is kind of not their business to fill my forms:) Moreover, this form requires Adobe and contains a lot of questions with company information.
My next concern is that - the first question in the form says - "is someone assisting you (the employer/business) with completing this form?", this question kind of brings me to the point that this form could be completed by a third party, or?

Finally, there are two questions:
  1. Are there any pitfalls with this form is better to know before asking my company to fill this form out?
  2. Are there any third-party companies that could fill this form out so it would be necessary to just sign it with (eg:) my manager?
Thanks!
1. Many large companies will not complete the form. For example, the big banks won't do it. Speak to your HR team asap. This is a mandatory form and it's an automatic refusal without it.
2. No. Your employer must do this. You'll need to involve HR since you are part of a large company. Your manager cannot simply sign off.

alex_tim

Jan 1, 2024
1. Many large companies will not complete the form. For example, the big banks won't do it. Speak to your HR team asap. This is a mandatory form and it's an automatic refusal without it.
2. No. Your employer must do this. You'll need to involve HR since you are part of a large company. Your manager cannot simply sign off.
Thanks for your response! There is a short (side) question: there are a bunch of documents that I have been requested, the question is - let's say one of them (for example photo) won't be much criteria (as it is a little confusing), will I get a notification to change/fix it or my application just going to be canceled without explaining the reason?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your response! There is a short (side) question: there are a bunch of documents that I have been requested, the question is - let's say one of them (for example photo) won't be much criteria (as it is a little confusing), will I get a notification to change/fix it or my application just going to be canceled without explaining the reason?
I'm not sure I understand your question. You should follow the instructions in the guide for all of the documents being requested. Sometimes applicants are given the opportunity to correct errors and sometimes they are not and the application is refused. It depends on the kind of error that has been made.

Make sure you speak with your employer on Monday about the employer form. If they are not willing to complete it, then there is no point going ahead with the application.

alex_tim

Jan 1, 2024
I'm not sure I understand your question. You should follow the instructions in the guide for all of the documents being requested. Sometimes applicants are given the opportunity to correct errors and sometimes they are not and the application is refused. It depends on the kind of error that has been made.

Make sure you speak with your employer on Monday about the employer form. If they are not willing to complete it, then there is no point in going ahead with the application.
Yep, I wrote an email to our HR yesterday, hope I'll get an answer on Monday. Meanwhile, (not to waste time) I am going to prepare all remaining docs just in order to be prepared in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yep, I wrote an email to our HR yesterday, hope I'll get an answer on Monday. Meanwhile, (not to waste time) I am going to prepare all remaining docs just in order to be prepared in advance.
Good luck - let us know how it goes.

Reactions: alex_tim

alex_tim

Jan 1, 2024
Good luck - let us know how it goes.
Hey! Today I got a response from HR, it has been mentioned that due to a "lack of resources" (maybe no time), they wouldn't be able to fill the form out. There is a question I just wanted to double-check (in case you have an idea:), I am going to offer them to fill the form out by myself (as all the information is available on the internet), so they just sign it out. Do you think it could be a good idea? And also there is another thing: there are two sections
  1. Business signing Officer - as far as I understand it is supposed to be HR? Or could it be my direct manager for example?
  2. Employer Contact - as far as I understand it is supposed to be my direct manager, rigth?
So, the question is - do I really need to sign this form with HR? Or my direct manager would be enough?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hey! Today I got a response from HR, it has been mentioned that due to a "lack of resources" (maybe no time), they wouldn't be able to fill the form out. There is a question I just wanted to double-check (in case you have an idea:), I am going to offer them to fill the form out by myself (as all the information is available on the internet), so they just sign it out. Do you think it could be a good idea? And also there is another thing: there are two sections
  1. Business signing Officer - as far as I understand it is supposed to be HR? Or could it be my direct manager for example?
  2. Employer Contact - as far as I understand it is supposed to be my direct manager, rigth?
So, the question is - do I really need to sign this form with HR? Or my direct manager would be enough?
Companies can be asked to give portions of their corporate income tax returns , ie Schedule 125, payroll information submitted to the CRA. Someone very high up in the food chain would have to sign off on disclosing that information. HR would NOT be that high up .

Reactions: Naturgrl