+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who is supposed to sign the Employer Letter?

alex_tim

Jan 1, 2024
The story is - I have applied to the PNP (Foreign Worker Stream) and a few days ago I got a request to upload all the requested documents (there is a list of expected docs - https://www.ontario.ca/document/oinp-document-checklists/employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream-applicant-checklist). Where one of the most important docs (described in the Employer documents section) Employer Form.

The main question is - who is supposed to sign this form out?

I wrote to HR and she responded to me that she doesn't have time for such kind of thing (I work in a big company). So, I read this form from the beginning to the end and I see that it is possible to answer all the questions from the form just by searching a little bit on the internet, but the question is - could this form be signed by my manager (not HR)? I see in the form there are two sections: 1)Business signing Officer and 2) Employer Contact, I just think could it be my manager's information in both of these sections?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The story is - I have applied to the PNP (Foreign Worker Stream) and a few days ago I got a request to upload all the requested documents (there is a list of expected docs - https://www.ontario.ca/document/oinp-document-checklists/employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream-applicant-checklist). Where one of the most important docs (described in the Employer documents section) Employer Form.

The main question is - who is supposed to sign this form out?

I wrote to HR and she responded to me that she doesn't have time for such kind of thing (I work in a big company). So, I read this form from the beginning to the end and I see that it is possible to answer all the questions from the form just by searching a little bit on the internet, but the question is - could this form be signed by my manager (not HR)? I see in the form there are two sections: 1)Business signing Officer and 2) Employer Contact, I just think could it be my manager's information in both of these sections?
HR needs to be involved and know that the employer form is being signed by a manager. Your manager needs to talk to HR. OINP may interview or require additional documentation that is not public (like CRA filings, financial statements, salary scales, job postings, recruitment process) and most times they will want that information from HR or CFO.

alex_tim

Jan 1, 2024
HR needs to be involved and know that the employer form is being signed by a manager. Your manager needs to talk to HR. OINP may interview or require additional documentation that is not public (like CRA filings, financial statements, salary scales, job postings, recruitment process) and most times they will want that information from HR or CFO.
Finally, after I sent the form to HR, I got a response that they don't have the time and resources to support employees with PR applications. So, looks like I won't be able to proceed further with this opportunity. Any thought?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Finally, after I sent the form to HR, I got a response that they don't have the time and resources to support employees with PR applications. So, looks like I won't be able to proceed further with this opportunity. Any thought?
Nothing you can do. Employer form must be signed by company, and that company must approved the support of PR applications. You will need to decline the invitation.