+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just want to share what should we do if passport was sent to UMO

Abby1226

Apr 29, 2015
Hey, everyone
Finally I am a permanent resident here in Canada, got landed on July this year. However, before landing, my passport was sent to UMO-Undeliverable Mail Office by Canada "Lost". I hope this bad situation would happen to none of you anymore, but if it happens, please go to the office to pick up your passport instead of waiting for their reply. I went to the office which is located in Scarborough at 8:00 am Monday and an extremely nice guy had brought me to the UMO and after 2 minutes, I got my passport with permanent resident visa. Can you guess that I got official reply by Canada post after THREE WEEKS!!! So, never wait for their reply unless you wish to. Another thing is that try to write down your self-addressed envelope as clear as you can. I did nothing inexplicit on my envelope but it was still sent to that office.

Lastly good luck, everyone!

saskapr2015

Jul 20, 2015
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
Doc's Request.
08-02-2017 submitted on 14-02-2017
Nomination.....
22-04-2015
AOR Received.
09-10-2015 (CIC File)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
No mail
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017 Medical passed 12-02-2017
Passport Req..
21-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2017
LANDED..........
22-09-2017(did soft landing, yet to make permanent move)
Abby1226 said:
Hey, everyone
Finally I am a permanent resident here in Canada, got landed on July this year. However, before landing, my passport was sent to UMO-Undeliverable Mail Office by Canada "Lost". I hope this bad situation would happen to none of you anymore, but if it happens, please go to the office to pick up your passport instead of waiting for their reply. I went to the office which is located in Scarborough at 8:00 am Monday and an extremely nice guy had brought me to the UMO and after 2 minutes, I got my passport with permanent resident visa. Can you guess that I got official reply by Canada post after THREE WEEKS!!! So, never wait for their reply unless you wish to. Another thing is that try to write down your self-addressed envelope as clear as you can. I did nothing inexplicit on my envelope but it was still sent to that office.

Lastly good luck, everyone!
Thanks for sharing your experience here. Hope no one has to go through this nightmare ever but your information is valuable indeed.
Wish you good luck in your new part of the journey.
Cheers