+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just want a Canadian passport

EugeneR

Jul 22, 2017
Hello there,

I know that if you want to acquire a Canadian passport first you have to be a Canadian citizen. Since I'm a Chinese, a mainlander, it's incredibly hard for me to go anywhere with the passport of my country.

What would be the simplest or fastest way of acquiring a Canadian passport?

Thanks!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Step 1. Have a Canadian spouse to sponsor you for PR. Or if you don't have a Canadian spouse, qualify for immigration to Canada with your education/work experience: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

Step 2. If you can successfully get PR status, then you can live in Canada for 3 years and only after that apply for citizenship.

If you aren't married to a Canadian, or don't have education/work experience that would qualify you for PR status, then you can forget about ever becoming a PR/citizen or getting a Canadian passport.

EugeneR

Jul 22, 2017
Step 1. Have a Canadian spouse to sponsor you for PR. Or if you don't have a Canadian spouse, qualify for immigration to Canada with your education/work experience: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

Step 2. If you can successfully get PR status, then you can live in Canada for 3 years and only after that apply for citizenship.

If you aren't married to a Canadian, or don't have education/work experience that would qualify you for PR status, then you can forget about ever becoming a PR/citizen or getting a Canadian passport.
Thanks for the info! Marriage is a big deal, I guess I would just hit the education or work one.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the info! Marriage is a big deal, I guess I would just hit the education or work one.
You can't immigrate based on education alone. You need paid work experience as well.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello there,

I know that if you want to acquire a Canadian passport first you have to be a Canadian citizen. Since I'm a Chinese, a mainlander, it's incredibly hard for me to go anywhere with the passport of my country.

What would be the simplest or fastest way of acquiring a Canadian passport?

Thanks!
As a mainland Chinese, you only need to get a tourist visa for traveling to other countries.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can probably look to buy a European passport, like Greece or something... i heard that if you have investment of 800k euros or something like that in the country, they will fasttrack your application for passport (Im not 100% sure on the exact details, but that is an option available if you have the cash :) )

EugeneR

Jul 22, 2017
As a mainland Chinese, you only need to get a tourist visa for traveling to other countries.
No, steaky, I plan on some longer time staying in other countries. And my passport doesn't allow me to do so.

you can probably look to buy a European passport, like Greece or something... i heard that if you have investment of 800k euros or something like that in the country, they will fasttrack your application for passport (Im not 100% sure on the exact details, but that is an option available if you have the cash :) )
Interesting, Canada has similar policy I heard. Well that's a big number though.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Interesting, Canada has similar policy I heard. Well that's a big number though.
Canada has no similar immediate path to citizenship. With a large enough investment in a business in Canada ($800K to $3 million depending on the program) - you may be able to secure permanent residency. But you won't immediately get citizenship. You would still need to live in Canada for a number of years before qualifying for citizenship.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
To be eligible for passport, you will need to become a citizen of Canada, which in turns you need to live in Canada for a period of time as PR. I believe the new law to repeal to 3 years in 5 for citizenship is not yet activated, until then its 4 years in 6 (passed the senate but no Royal Ascent yet)

Immigrate using marriage and skilled work experience & education is the most common way. IELTS all 6+ and 1 year work is basic requirements, although some province nomination opens to some lower skilled workers.

The only investor (money for PR) program remaining is Quebec, CAD$800k investment and CAD$1.6M net worth last time I checked.

Correct if I'm wrong, doesn't Chinese citizens required to give up their Chinese citizenship should one becomes a foreign citizen? Or how do we get the Anastasia Lin situation?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Correct if I'm wrong, doesn't Chinese citizens required to give up their Chinese citizenship should one becomes a foreign citizen? Or how do we get the Anastasia Lin situation?
Yes but if undetected by the Chinese authorities, one can still possess both passports.

EugeneR

Jul 22, 2017
To be eligible for passport, you will need to become a citizen of Canada, which in turns you need to live in Canada for a period of time as PR. I believe the new law to repeal to 3 years in 5 for citizenship is not yet activated, until then its 4 years in 6 (passed the senate but no Royal Ascent yet)

Immigrate using marriage and skilled work experience & education is the most common way. IELTS all 6+ and 1 year work is basic requirements, although some province nomination opens to some lower skilled workers.

The only investor (money for PR) program remaining is Quebec, CAD$800k investment and CAD$1.6M net worth last time I checked.

Yeah you automatically give up (regard you as you gave up) your Chinese citizenship while you gain the other country's citizenship. Doesn't include PR.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah you automatically give up (regard you as you gave up) your Chinese citizenship while you gain the other country's citizenship. Doesn't include PR.
No, it's not automatically. You need to be detected first either voluntary or involuntary.