+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just to give PRTD applicants some hope...

algdantes

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
To all of those applying for a PRTD and looking for some advice or maybe just a glimmer of hope from this forum, I totally get you. So now I'm here to share my situation for future reference.

I arrived when I was 16 and stayed for three weeks. I studied college back in my birth country, graduated, and got a job that lasted for around 6 months. I applied for a PRTD at 21 years old. Some would say that's too old, but I think it could still work if you play your cards right. I didn't study or live in any other country since arriving back in my birth country, I passed all my supporting documents, and made a comprehensive H&C letter explaining my situation. My father was suffering from several illnesses and required my help. I passed all the medical documents I could find, argued why I had to stay despite my whole family still being here.

I made an effort to prove employability in Canada, I applied for jobs and waited for call-backs even if I wasn't there just to show that I won't be a burden to society when I get there. Having friends/family vouch for you also helps.

Good luck everyone!