+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just thought of sharing this information about my citizenship application

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just come back from the electronic fingerprinting agency after I received today a fingerprint request from St. Clair office in Toronto.

The letter is dated May, 16. However, just received it today by mail. The E-case is not showing any updates regarding the transfer of the file to the local office. However, the request is sent by the above mentioned office, which means that the file has already been transferrd.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
professional 1 said:
Just come back from the electronic fingerprinting agency after I received today a fingerprint request from St. Clair office in Toronto.

The letter is dated May, 16. However, just received it today by mail. The E-case is not showing any updates regarding the transfer of the file to the local office. However, the request is sent by the above mentioned office, which means that the file has already been transferrd.
professional 1 said:
Some people are reporting that their citizenship applications which were recieved by Nova Scotia on Augest, 2012 are already finalized !

I do understand that every case is different. However, when I checked today with the call centre, I found out that my application is still stuck in Nova Scotia since September, 2012. It has not even been transferrd to the local visa office in the GTA area !

That is actually a huge progress gap ! If other applications submitted a month early are already finalized, how come applications submitted the month after, are still untouched yet !

All it says on their system as per the call centre agent is "application is in process at the Sydney office, a decision has not been made yet" and that is it !

I am wondering how come the progress gap is that huge. 8 months for the application at Nova Scotia and it is still there !

Cannot get the point here !
In my view,finger print request "might be "the reason of your file getting delayed for a transfer to the local office.As your name would have matched with someone else ,so they have requested for a finger print.Just my two cents!

NewCanadian1

Feb 23, 2013
newcomer said:
In my view,finger print request "might be "the reason of your file getting delayed for a transfer to the local office.As your name would have matched with someone else ,so they have requested for a finger print.Just my two cents!
I noticed couple of applicants(changed in-process in nov and dec12/Jan13) mentioned that their files were transferred to local office around 4 months after they called the CIC. I assume that applications started in-process at Sydney taking 4 months to transfer files to local office..let's see how it goes...

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newcomer said:
The file is already transferred as the request letter and the address stamp on the envelop are coming from the local office not Sydney.

The fingerprint will be sent to the local office as well, as per their instructions in the letter.

I would still consider that an average time for the file transfer, as it took them 3 months after they started processing at Sydney to transfer the file to the local office.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
professional 1 said:
The file is already transferred as the request letter is coming from the local office not Sydney. The fingerprint will be sent to the local office as well, as per their instructions in the letter.

I would still consider that an average time for the file transfer, as it took them almost 3 months after they started processing at Sydney to transfer the file to the local office.
Thank you professional 1 for sharing this info.

Please keep us posted about your application!

Sternchen

Feb 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2009
LANDED..........
19-04-2010
Professional 1,
when did your eCas change to "in process"? I sent my application in October 2012, and it showed in process as of March 14, but when I talked to the call centre they said it's still in Sydney. Wondering now since your eCas didn't show the transfer if mine has been transferred and the system is simply not being updated...? If your ~4month transfer timeline assumption after in process is correct it would probably be July before mine gets transferred.
Hope you get the invitation for the test, soon!

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sternchen said:
Professional 1,
when did your eCas change to "in process"? I sent my application in October 2012, and it showed in process as of March 14, but when I talked to the call centre they said it's still in Sydney. Wondering now since your eCas didn't show the transfer if mine has been transferred and the system is simply not being updated...? If your ~4month transfer timeline assumption after in process is correct it would probably be July before mine gets transferred.
Hope you get the invitation for the test, soon!
My e-case changed to in process on Feb, 08, 2013

The processing date as per the e-case was Feb, 05, 2013

In some cases where applicants get documents request or fingerprint request, it comes from Sydney but they instruct them to send it to the local office as they are in the process of sending the application to that local office.

The difference here is in the mailing address where the letter has been shipped from. When it comes from Sydney, the sender address label on the envelop should show clearly where it is coming from. For example, "Sydny, Nova Scotia".

If it is Sydny, the envelop sender address would say Sydney. It is the red ink address stamp on the outside of the envelop. Then, they would instruct you in the letter to send it to whichever local immigration office they want.

In my case, Sydney was not actually mentioned anywhere on the envelop or even at the request letter.

The red ink address label on the envelop was the St. Clair address, as well as, the inside letter head of the request letter. That is how I knew that the file was already transferrd to the St. Clair office.

Even the Canada post red ink stamp on the envelop has the postal code of St. Clair office which is M4T 1M2 and the date it was shipped at the same stamp.

By the way, a week prior to that, I have called CIC call centre and was told that the file was still at Sydny.

Sternchen

Feb 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2009
LANDED..........
19-04-2010
Looks like there is a definitive disconnect between what's going on and what the website is showing. Would be nice if it got updated automatically, however, if I had to choose, I'd rather have them work on it and not update eCas than eCas being correct :)

So far, I have pretty much the same timeline with you and Swede, so we'll see :) Have a good week!

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yesterday I emailed the RCMP and they responded back saying that they processed my fingerprint application in one day and sent the results to the St. Clair office already.

Actually last week, I called the call centre and the agent told me that they received my fingerprints on the same date exactly the RCMP confirmed. I forget to ask what is next at that time, so I called again the day after and another agent answered;

She said the same, and told me that once they resume the processing of my application, they will send me the test letter.

Lets see what is gonna happen. She said as usual, this could take up to 25 months "have fun waiting"

Some information regarding the online updates:

When I called, I told them "so my file has been transferred already, as per the address on the envelop of the requesting letter.

They said, yes. It was transferred on April, 28 to the Scarborough office. I said, but the requesting letter was coming from St. Clair. The agent said, they all work together in the GTA.

One more thing to mention:

When I called them at the beginning of May, I was told that the file was still in NS, as that what they were able to see online. However, after I received the fingerprint letter, the office updated their info, and showed the actual date my file was transferred.

Even the agents are limited to what they see on their system, if the office do not update, they won't be able to track actual progress of the file.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
professional 1 said:
Yesterday I emailed the RCMP and they responded back saying that they processed my fingerprint application in one day and sent the results to the St. Clair office already.

Actually last week, I called the call centre and the agent told me that they received my fingerprints on the same date exactly the RCMP confirmed. I forget to ask what is next at that time, so I called again the day after and another agent answered;

She said the same, and told me that once they resume the processing of my application, they will send me the test letter.

Lets see what is gonna happen. She said as usual, this could take up to 25 months "have fun waiting"

Some information regarding the online updates:

When I called, I told them "so my file has been transferred already, as per the address on the envelop of the requesting letter.

They said, yes. It was transferred on April, 28 to the Scarborough office. I said, but the requesting letter was coming from St. Clair. The agent said, they all work together in the GTA.

One more thing to mention:

When I called them at the beginning of May, I was told that the file was still in NS, as that what they were able to see online. However, after I received the fingerprint letter, the office updated their info, and showed the actual date my file was transferred.

Even the agents are limited to what they see on their system, if the office do not update, they won't be able to track actual progress of the file.
Thanks for sharing the update.

Yes you are right ,it has been said and reported by many applicants that usually CIC agents have very limited knowledge about specific cases and they prefer to give very standard replies.

Good luck with the rest of the processing.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
professional 1 said:
Hi guys,

- Sent my application for citizenship on Sept, 18, 2012 via FED-EX.

- The application was received by CIC Sydney Nova Scotia on Sept, 20, 2012. "As per FED-EX"

- Have not received any letters or acknowledgment of receipt from them yet.

- Application Payment was made online.

- Used the client ID number at the front of my PR card to check the online status "E-case".

- E-case was activated just today "Thursday, Nov,15, 2012 to show "Received" plus the following:

"We received your payment, along with one or more citizenship applications. To find out how long it takes to process a routine application, please consult the Application Processing Times."

It took 55 days from the date they received the application to start seeing the online status of it. "nothing has been sent yet on the mail."

Hope it is helpful and Good luck everyone.
I think your timeline is very good. I have applied before you and it seems that our files were transferred to Scarborough office around the same time (I saw your other post re transfer)! All the best!

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yolka said:
I think your timeline is very good. I have applied before you and it seems that our files were transferred to Scarborough office around the same time (I saw your other post re transfer)! All the best!

Thanks man,

Have you received any correspondence from the local office after the file transfer ?

Best of luck to you too.

CanadianSam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, My Timeline
Single Application.
Applied for grant of Citizenship: July 6, 2012
Acknowlegement Letter with Discover Canada book Sent by CIC: August 7, 2012 (Date on Letter)
Acknowlegement Letter Recieved in Mail: September 10, 2012
file transfered to Scarborough Office: January 7, 2013
No Change in Status
Waiting for the test date.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianSam said:
Hi, My Timeline
Single Application.
Applied for grant of Citizenship: July 6, 2012
Acknowlegement Letter with Discover Canada book Sent by CIC: August 7, 2012 (Date on Letter)
Acknowlegement Letter Recieved in Mail: September 10, 2012
file transfered to Scarborough Office: January 7, 2013
No Change in Status
Waiting for the test date.
Have they started the processing of your application ?