+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just received my OWP, I have a question about swapping my driving licence in Quebec

HTS_QC

Dec 4, 2022
I have entered Canada in July 2023 as a visitor (with a visitor record issued at the POE) and I have recently received my OWP. Therefore my status in Canada is now a temporary foreign worker.

I am filling out the form to swap my driving licence at the SAAQ, I am not sure which date to put here: https://ibb.co/3kCcyLv

The date of my arrival as visitor or the date when my temporary foreign worker status started?

Does the date of issue of the OWP count as some sort of 'virtual landing'?

Silesiana

May 30, 2023
I have entered Canada in July 2023 as a visitor (with a visitor record issued at the POE) and I have recently received my OWP. Therefore my status in Canada is now a temporary foreign worker.

I am filling out the form to swap my driving licence at the SAAQ, I am not sure which date to put here: https://ibb.co/3kCcyLv

The date of my arrival as visitor or the date when my temporary foreign worker status started?

Does the date of issue of the OWP count as some sort of 'virtual landing'?
Hi,

I had the same issue. I put every time and everywhere the date I entered Canada as a visitor.
It worked well.

Just FYI, here everything takes a little bit of time. I started the process of swapping my driver's license when I had my OWP in hand (July 2023) and got my Quebec driver's license at the end of October (but I had to pass exams once again, my country is not on the list for easily switching, so it took time to book appointments).

Good luck to you!

HTS_QC

Dec 4, 2022
Thank you for your answer. I also put the date I entered as visitor and I am waiting for the appointment.
They did tell me that current waiting times are between 2 and 4 months.

Did you apply for the RAMQ after you got OWP? Or were you already in Quebec and on RAMQ when started the spousal sponsorship process?

What is your spousal sponsorship timeline? Can you add it to your signature?