+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just landed 3 days ago - COPR question

VioletBlue

Aug 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok so....I finally landed on march 15th ....got my COPR ....It has 3 questions that cic lady asked me...which are :

"Are you and your husband still married?" - Yes
"Have you ever been charged or convicted of a crime in any country?" - No
"Do you have any dependants?" No (other than our Canadian kids)

BUT

The 2nd question also has ...."refused admission to canada or required to leave Canada" which she Never Asked me....she only asked 1st part of question (have I been charged/convicted of a crime)

I was never required to leave...But I did have Exclusion order from cbsa....but they never enforced it because they were waiting to see the outcome of my application. And cic lady also got me to Sign an envelope in which cbsa returned my old passport the seized.

So me answering "no" to this 2nd question was a correct answer? or....was it a mistake...

What should I do? :'(

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suppose one could say that an Exclusion Order, in and of itself, would in essence be a refusal to enter Canada, but after thinking about this some more, I think you're probably fine.

As I said in my PM, I suspect that the landing officer was very aware of your situation, but since she could not change the wording of that question on the COPR, she didn't verbalize the second part.

Stay tuned for others to chime in!

VioletBlue

Aug 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Ponga! ...I'm thinking it's OK...Question says "ever b een Required to leave Canada" not "Ordered"... What's the difference between these two words?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VioletBlue said:
Thanks Ponga! ...I'm thinking it's OK...Question says "ever b een Required to leave Canada" not "Ordered"... What's the difference between these two words?
I was just thinking that the Exclusion Order might have applied to the "refused admission to Canada" part of that sentence.

*shrug*

VioletBlue

Aug 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, could be...But I was never refused entry....so confusing!! I wonder if I should call CIC and ask them to Clarify it for me !

Ponga said:
I was just thinking that the Exclusion Order might have applied to the "refused admission to Canada" part of that sentence.

*shrug*

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess I'm overthinking this. To me, the EO automatically means that entry would have been refused.

Calling CIC wouldn't help. You may have to contact the office in Vancouver directly. You still have their email address, right?

It would be great to get something in writing from them, or better yet...the officer that you had at the landing appointment!

VioletBlue

Aug 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I do have their e-mail still! Ok will wait to hear some more opinions hopefully and then will e-mail them to ask! Ty!

Ponga said:
I guess I'm overthinking this. To me, the EO automatically means that entry would have been refused.

Calling CIC wouldn't help. You may have to contact the office in Vancouver directly. You still have their email address, right?

It would be great to get something in writing from them, or better yet...the officer that you had at the landing appointment!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VioletBlue said:
Yes I do have their e-mail still! Ok will wait to hear some more opinions hopefully and then will e-mail them to ask! Ty!
NO! Email them ASAP. What they tell you is all that matters.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VioletBlue said:
what if They accuse me of misrepresentation!?!?!?!? :eek:

Well...I guess they'll handcuff you and take you away! :)

Since you have a direct line of communication with the Vancouver office, you need to find out what they say. I honestly couldn't imagine it being a problem, since the officer undoubtedly knew your whole story.

Just send it! It doesn't matter what anyone here says, because it's just our opinions.

VioletBlue

Aug 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omgaaaawd!!! k I have a Phone number too of a person that replied to my e-mail....so I'll call

Ponga said:
Well...I guess they'll handcuff you and take you away! :)

Since you have a direct line of communication with the Vancouver office, you need to find out what they say. I honestly couldn't imagine it being a problem, since the officer undoubtedly knew your whole story.

Just send it! It doesn't matter what anyone here says, because it's just our opinions.

VioletBlue

Aug 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gues this never happened huh?? Is it even possible to misrepresent yourself on copr when you Already disclosed ALL info about removal order in application...I'll call them on Monday but just wondering if this ever happened...did they ever come back and say "You answered Wrong on copt so you are Outta here(Canada)"... Seems unlikely...but never know

VioletBlue

Aug 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In case someone ever has the same question...this is what they said:

Hello Sabina,

Please be advised that an IRCC officer reviewed your file prior to its approval and at landing and did not have any concerns in regards to a previous exclusion order. Thank you for clarifying, however there is no further clarification in regards to your previous non-enforced removal order.

I guess since they never Enforced mybexclusion order.."No" was the correct answer...it's all good!! I was just Overthinking it! Moving on with my Permanent Resident life! :D