+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just got this from IRCC. Is it an AIP? Doesn't say so anywhere tho.

Nikhil17

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic has created challenges and affected daily life around the world. Restrictions continue to be in place, in Canada and elsewhere, that prevent many people from travelling internationally.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada recognizes that restrictions have had an impact on applicants seeking a high-quality educational experience in Canada. Throughout the pandemic, IRCC has taken measures to provide flexibility to international students.

As a study permit applicant, you may have also been affected by office closures that prevented you from providing police certificates, immigration medical examinations or biometrics when you submitted your application.

On July 14, 2020, we introduced two-stage processing for study permit applications. This temporary process provides reassurance to you.

At this time, there is nothing for you to do. Your application is still in progress.

With the two-step process, applicants who pass an initial eligibility assessment will be notified via their online IRCC account (MyAccount). As services begin to re-open, applicants will be able to submit missing information, if necessary, for their admissibility assessment, at which time officers will finalize the application process. For more information on study permits and what is assessed at each stage, please visit our website.

First-stage approval doesn’t guarantee that we’ll eventually approve your application. However, when a study permit application is refused, it is due to eligibility factors in most cases.

This two-stage process will only apply to study permit applications submitted by September 15, 2020. Our goal is to provide first-stage assessment for all study permit applications that have been submitted in time for the fall semester.

Once an applicant is fully approved for a study permit, they will be ready to travel to Canada when travel restrictions are lifted.

Reactions: Panku Trehan

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014

Nikhil17

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Although, I haven't actually requested for any status updates through the webform. They've just sent this out of the blue saying

At this time, there is nothing for you to do. Your application is still in progress.
Has anyone else gotten this email?

Nikhil17

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Bro I also got this email early morning
Applied on 11 may
Under SDS with biometric and medical
Ah that explains it then. Like Jiggzy said, it's just a general mail. Seeing a mail from the IRCC after months got my hopes up for just a second lol.

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
The COVID-19 pandemic has created challenges and affected daily life around the world. Restrictions continue to be in place, in Canada and elsewhere, that prevent many people from travelling internationally.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada recognizes that restrictions have had an impact on applicants seeking a high-quality educational experience in Canada. Throughout the pandemic, IRCC has taken measures to provide flexibility to international students.

As a study permit applicant, you may have also been affected by office closures that prevented you from providing police certificates, immigration medical examinations or biometrics when you submitted your application.

On July 14, 2020, we introduced two-stage processing for study permit applications. This temporary process provides reassurance to you.

With the two-step process, applicants who pass an initial eligibility assessment will be notified via their online IRCC account (MyAccount). As services begin to re-open, applicants will be able to submit missing information, if necessary, for their admissibility assessment, at which time officers will finalize the application process. For more information on study permits and what is assessed at each stage, please visit our website.

First-stage approval doesn’t guarantee that we’ll eventually approve your application. However, when a study permit application is refused, it is due to eligibility factors in most cases.

This two-stage process will only apply to study permit applications submitted by September 15, 2020. Our goal is to provide first-stage assessment for all study permit applications that have been submitted in time for the fall semester.

Once an applicant is fully approved for a study permit, they will be ready to travel to Canada when travel restrictions are lifted.
If I read words by words and compare it with an AIP letter I received, I am certain that this is not an official AIP letter. It seems like you have not given biometrics, medical examination or document requirements, so this email is straightforward to what your application status is ""At this time, there is nothing for you to do. Your application is still in progress.""

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Yeah, few students on this forum have received this message since yesterday. I think they are reassuring students that their applications aren't lost and will be processed soon.

I know it's not necessary for them to send an update, but something is better than nothing.

Although, I haven't actually requested for any status updates through the webform. They've just sent this out of the blue saying

Has anyone else gotten this email?

Reactions: Rehman98