+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just got PR . How to sponsor wife

visiting_canada

Sep 3, 2009
jes_ON/david_oz,

I completely understand what you say. And I have never lied.

Its just that this situation has gotten me in a fix. If I inform the CIC now (before landing), they will cancel my PR visa. And then, I will have to reapply, and in that case I will not qualify for PR because my occupation is no more in the new ministerial list. If this was not the case, I would have informed the CIC right-away.

I have not claimed any points for spouse for myself, and I got PR based on my credentials only.

I was in India in March 2010 when I got married, and I was very busy (for about 3 months there). I therefore, did not update the CIC. I know I should have.

I sincerely appreciate people commenting, and suggesting.

Please guide what is the best I shud do!

visiting_canada

Sep 3, 2009
Thank you reachmenow for your time and thoughts.

I will wait to land until I figure this out. The only possible thing I can think of right now is to land as a single and come back to the US. I will get my PR card in about 2 months.

I plan to go back to India after this for about 1 year. I can then try during that time to file for my wife's PR in Delhi, India itself.

I just request everyone to give their thoughts/suggestions. I am very thankful to everyone, and like other people, I too have put a lot of hardship in getting this PR for me.

Thank you

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
visiting_canada said:
Hi,

I need sincere advise. I just got my PR visa (Aug 2010) from Buffalo. I applied last year from the US. I have not landed in Canada yet, and I am currently working in the US.

I got married in March 2010, but I did not inform the visa office so that I don't disturb my visa process, and add further delays. Also, I was in India during that time very very busy.

Now that I have got the PR, what should I do about my wife? Will there be a problem if I apply for her visitor visa? Will the the Buffalo office find out that I did not inform them about my marital status when my PR application was in process?

I have not landed yet, and want to continue in the US for the next 3-4 months.

What should I do ? Should I land as single at this time, and later on tell CIC that I got married after I landed? Please help sir.

Really appreciate your advise/help.

Thanks.
qorax said:
I just replied someone with similar situation. Plz read* it here:
trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/federal-skilled-workers/596475777/getting-married-after-the-visa-stamping

Qorax
*Reference
DANGER
Married before leaving the homeland, w/out informing CIC can get your PRV revoked upon landing. On grounds of misrepresenting material personal facts. U'd not be permitted to fetch your spouse on FC sponsorship as well.

If u can, delay the marriage, for getting it done post landing & also after about 6 months. Else, u have to do the following for reconciliation:

A. Surrender your visa,
B. Inform CHC your intent,
C. Get married,
D. Submit the family declaration Forms & Enclosures,
E. Submit the spouse's Processing Fees,
F. Await for her Meds,
G. Submit the Med Report & RPRF,
H. Wait for her PPR,
J. Deposit your (again) & spouse's Pps,
K. Obtain fresh visa/s for both,
L. Then proceed to move to Canada.

Bottomline: Delay. For about 6-8 months. By then if your Meds expire - u'd have to retake it.
Suggestion: Dont get married now. That's lot simpler.

QORAX

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hi buddy,

Plz understand what PMM is trying to say/advice. Do not take knee jerk action/s lest u lose everything. That PRV was well earned/deserved, maintain that.

Qorax

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
What is sponsorship eligibility?

In order to sponsor a foreign national, a sponsor (Canadian citizen/permanent resident of Canada) must:

be 18+ years old.
be a Canadian citizen living in Canada or abroad.
be a permanent resident (formally called landed immigrant) of Canada living in Canada
sign an undertaking agreement to support a sponsored person (foreign national), and
have sufficient income to provide basic requirements for a sponsored person.
not be receiving social assistance for any reason other than disability and/or short-term unemployment benefits.
not be in default of any financial undertaking, immigration loan performance bond, or family support payments.
not be in undischarged bankruptcy.
not have been convicted of a sexual offence or an offence involving family violence (unless you were granted a pardon or five years have passed since the completion of your sentence.)
not be under a removal order.
not be detained in a penitentiary, jail reformatory, or prison.
not have been convicted of a serious criminal offence (punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of at least 10 years).
not have provided false information to CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada).

vamsi001

Star Member
Jul 11, 2009
Hi visiting-canada,
I was personally in your situation before. I am now in canada with my wife and we already have a handsome baby boy together. Search for my name on this forum. As you have been told by everybody including PMM and Qorax, please,please and please, don;t ever come to canada without informing cic that you are now married otherwise you would be reported for misrepresentation and they would ban you for 2yearsfrom entering canada. That is a fact.