26-05-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
waiting???
khaanza said:
Has some one else also been contacted ?
What????
Whats your timeline.First time i am heard this kind of news.Where do you stay.Did they ask you to come to cpc-ottawa.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Hmm, I never heard something like that , Is it an interview ?

What is your timesline?

pNick

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Apr-2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP requested on 02-06-2014
AOR Received.
8-May-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
14-May-14
Med's Request
12-Nov-14
Med's Done....
14-Nov-14
Interview........
Medical received on 24-Nov-14
Passport Req..
26-Nov-14
LANDED..........
30-Dec-14
I never heard like that. Would you mine to share the call number?

Thanks,

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Well, this is something new. They told you to go there in person? To the processing office in Ottawa or just local CIC office?

Omshri

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
AOR Received.
November 14, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
April 6, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront, March 29, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2014
LANDED..........
August 3, 2014
It's a SCAM phone call... 8)

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
khaanza said:
Has some one else also been contacted ?
That's most weirdest thing I have ever heard. I am 1000% sure that this is not CIC. But just to confirm just call CIC and ask them it was legitimate phone call or not.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
That kind of sounds fake, but for what purpose?

They didn't ask for cash.

khaanza

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
I got a random call from a guy asking me to come to his office in etobicoke to submit pics for my pr card. I am already a landed immigrant (10th may). The guy didnt identify himself nor any id questions to me sounds fishy.

iamitguy

Nov 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Not at all
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with App
Med's Request
19-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2015
LANDED..........
07-09-2015
hahaha now you have turned the whole case..you are landed PR person. So i think nothing fishy in this.

mandie

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Saskatoon
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
11-01-2014
Med's Request
19-02-2014
Med's Done....
19-02-2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
2014-10-20
Hi
Read Below!

I have had a call yesterday from someone claiming to be from the CIC, the man had an South Asian accent, he was telling me that I am facing charges since I did not update my information, I got panicked, as I have not broken any law and my immigration here to Canada was completely legit, he told me that I had to pay $500 to get the forms for reassessing and updating my information, and that he wanted to get my cell number, I gave it to him as to help me know the number (for I know CIC won't ask for money this way), he told me to reach the closest RBC and keep my cell up with them (at which point I knew it sounded shady to me) when the number called it turned out to be the same toll free number of CIC!!! At this point I closed the phone..

The way that man was talking to me sounded like it is a total scam as I know CIC won't deliver such information this way and will never ask for money transfers in this way, and the whole go to an RBC and keep the mobile open sounded like 'criminal' style....yet the number being that of CIC got me scared and worried.

I called and reported this case to Immigration Anti-Fraud who told me it is probably a scam and nothing can take off your PR except if you did a serious crime or through the violation of staying in Canada for 2 out of 5 years rule, both of which I have not done (and kept a clean record)

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
khaanza said:
I got a random call from a guy asking me to come to his office in etobicoke to submit pics for my pr card. I am already a landed immigrant (10th may). The guy didnt identify himself nor any id questions to me sounds fishy.
Follow up with CIC just to be sure.

You probably have your PR card already, and in any case they use the photo submitted with the application. There are some accounts of people being asked to supply new photos, but this is done through the mail. They are not asked to deliver photos (or any other thing) in person.

Still not sure what kind of ham-fisted scam attempt this even is, unless their intention is to pressure you for money when you arrive.

CEC_pr_hopeful

Jul 15, 2014
mandie said:
Hi
Read Below!

I have had a call yesterday from someone claiming to be from the CIC, the man had an South Asian accent, he was telling me that I am facing charges since I did not update my information, I got panicked, as I have not broken any law and my immigration here to Canada was completely legit, he told me that I had to pay $500 to get the forms for reassessing and updating my information, and that he wanted to get my cell number, I gave it to him as to help me know the number (for I know CIC won't ask for money this way), he told me to reach the closest RBC and keep my cell up with them (at which point I knew it sounded shady to me) when the number called it turned out to be the same toll free number of CIC!!! At this point I closed the phone..

The way that man was talking to me sounded like it is a total scam as I know CIC won't deliver such information this way and will never ask for money transfers in this way, and the whole go to an RBC and keep the mobile open sounded like 'criminal' style....yet the number being that of CIC got me scared and worried.

I called and reported this case to Immigration Anti-Fraud who told me it is probably a scam and nothing can take off your PR except if you did a serious crime or through the violation of staying in Canada for 2 out of 5 years rule, both of which I have not done (and kept a clean record)
It is indeed strange that it showed the CIC toll number. But luckily, you didn't fall for this scam. These rascals play the intimidation game and many a times people do fall for such cheap tactics.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
mandie said:
Hi
Read Below!

This is pretty much as blatant and obvious as a scam can get.

Also Caller ID is easy to fake. No one should trust it.