24-11-2010
Passport Req..
01-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-1-2011
LANDED..........
on 31-1-2011
hello there!
I a m a canadian resident and i have applied for sponsoring my husband and am currently on a visit outside with my daughter with my husband, at his country of residence, i have been told that my visit will adversely affect the sponsoring case, could someone help me and enlighten me on this because earlier i have been told that my visit will enhance the chances of quickenenig the process. :)

michaelab

May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
3-09-2010
File Transfer...
27-07-2010 (to Detroit 15/09/10)
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2010 (arrived 01-11-2010)
LANDED..........
23-12-2010
You are Permanent resident of Canada who is just "visiting" his country for a short period of time right? I have read somewhere that if you are PR (not citizen) then you cannot sponsor while you live outside of the country..Can anyone clearify this? I am going to look for my reference.

abumawada

Star Member
May 3, 2010
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
22-4-2010
File Transfer...
4-5-2010
Interview........
24-11-2010
Passport Req..
01-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-1-2011
LANDED..........
on 31-1-2011
well i am a permanent Resident of canada and i started the process already now he recieved questionnire and it was mentioned that currently where i am staying in canada or out side canada so my question is now if i mentioned that i am outside canada on the questionnire does it affect or not ?

michaelab

May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
3-09-2010
File Transfer...
27-07-2010 (to Detroit 15/09/10)
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2010 (arrived 01-11-2010)
LANDED..........
23-12-2010
I got this from the CIC website the link is below..it lists who can sponsor and whatnot.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3900E.pdf

<<<<
Who can sponsor?
You may be eligible to sponsor if:
•the person you want to sponsor is a member of the family class;
Note:If that person is not a member of the family class, you will not meet sponsorship requirements and, therefore, your application to sponsor will not be approved and the application for permanent residence of the person you want to sponsor will be refused, unless you decide to withdraw your sponsorship application. If you withdraw the sponsorship, you will have no appeal rights.
•you are 18 years of age or older;
•you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
you reside in Canada;
Canadian citizens not residing in Canada may sponsor their spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner and/or dependent children who have no dependent children of their own. Canadians travelling abroad as tourists are not considered to be residing outside Canada.Sponsors not residing in Canada must provide evidence that they reside exclusively outside Canada on the date of giving the undertaking and will reside in Canada at the time their sponsored spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner and/or children become permanent residents of Canada. Evidence that they will reside in Canada may include one or more of the following:
·letter from an employer;
·letter of acceptance to a Canadian educational institution;
·proof of having rented/bought a dwelling in Canada;
·reasonable plans for re-establishing in Canada or severing ties to the other country.
•you sign an undertaking promising to provide for the basic requirements of the person being sponsored and, if applicable, his or her family members;
•you and the person being sponsored sign an agreement that confirms that each of you understands your mutual obligations and responsibilities;
If you reside in Quebec, see Step 2 of How to apply to sponsor for additional information on forms to complete.
•you have an income that is at least equal to the minimum necessary income, the amount of which is>>>>>

vik.brar

May 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abumawada said:
hello there!
I a m a canadian resident and i have applied for sponsoring my husband and am currently on a visit outside with my daughter with my husband, at his country of residence, i have been told that my visit will adversely affect the sponsoring case, could someone help me and enlighten me on this because earlier i have been told that my visit will enhance the chances of quickenenig the process. :)
Hello,

1. Are you a Canadian Citizen or PR?
2. When did you get married ?
3. Did you come back to Canada after your marriage, if marriage took place outside of Canada ?
4. Were you in Canada, when you applied for sponsorship ?

Regards,

Vik Brar

I

iarblue

If you applied outland to sponsor your husband and the app is in.You can go visit him as much as you like,as all documents questions concerning his PR will now go to him.

If you arre a PR and it has been three years since you been a PR then you can sponsor him from outside but are you planning on staying with him outside canada while his PR is being processed?

abumawada

Star Member
May 3, 2010
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
22-4-2010
File Transfer...
4-5-2010
Interview........
24-11-2010
Passport Req..
01-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-1-2011
LANDED..........
on 31-1-2011
Hello iarblue,

yes i want to stay with my husband while the process is going then we will go together to canada ? so does my stay with him it affect the process or not . ???????????????

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

iarblue said:
If you applied outland to sponsor your husband and the app is in.You can go visit him as much as you like,as all documents questions concerning his PR will now go to him.

If you arre a PR and it has been three years since you been a PR then you can sponsor him from outside but are you planning on staying with him outside canada while his PR is being processed?
1. You really don't know what you are talking about, the OP is PR is must be residence in Canada during the processing, you may wish to read Sec 130 of the Regulations.
2. Only Canadian citizens can sponsor spouses while residing outside Canada.

I

iarblue

Yes thats why i asked if she is planning to stay outside Canada while she sponsors because being a PR i was sure she had to stay in Canada,while the process goes through.
He can come here if he qualifies for the visit,but will have to return if there is an interview, but you can not live with him outside the country while you are trying to sponsor.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
abumawada said:
You are not visiting your husband really - you have gone back to live with him. A Canadian PR has to reside in Canada while the application is being processed - which means up until your husband lands.

The confusion comes in here: many people will advise the Canadian to go visit the foreign spouse. Visits to see your spouse are good for the application because you have to prove that your relationship is genuine. Going to visit your husband is good evidence of a genuine relationship.